Kisada and Thurservor: No new vows until you finish your previous one!

Understood ... my hobby ADHD took over and I put in work on a Black Templar redemptor that I should have done as a second vow after finishing my first ... oh well, last night I put in some work on my vow too ... need to highlight the blue on my CF hellblasters, then decals, wash, done.  The IF Ancient is still sitting at the block in base colors stage 

3EVhNXU.jpg

I have no idea what bases to use.

The ones on the right side is primer, with washes and pigments. The right side is blue, with same washes and same pigment. 

I really like the light grey gravel. the blue paint gives such a nice contrast, - but it just does not work - brain does not compute blue ground.

http://www.timeactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/100_8181.jpg

All right, fine. Grumble, grumble. I'll work on my last librarian.

I just finished touching up the base coat. Lots, and I mean lots of detail work to do now, and for a model I've decided in probably won't use.

Anyway, here's a WIP of my last of three for my vow.

vFIukkD.jpg

As you can see, I've added the Painting Handle and Water Pot to my collection of supplies. Both are very nice. This is my first time using them.

Im trying to decide where to put the yellow for the shoulder pad. I believe the correct Index Astartes position would be the right shoulder pad, but it is so overtaken with that book, that you'd barely see it. I've seen some that have a yellow kneed pad with the fist symbol and somewhat have yellow on both shoulder pads that look good.

I, Marshal Wolfhart, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least our most revered High Marshal Helbrecht himself from Codex Space Marines, and worth 170 pts by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

And here is today's work of filing and cutting and swearing a lot:

Moqhu9L.jpg?1

My first Finecast model, and if it can be helped, my last. The material itself can be worked, but there are so many failures in cast/mold on this model it is really taxing my nerves. I'll have to get some extra GS before i can get to prime, but that shall not stop me :smile.:

Looking at the picture i just realized, i'll have to straighten that crossguard too. Hairdryer or warm water, what do the veterans prefer?

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

Been basically finished for a while, but did some touch up and snapped some pictures last night.

med_gallery_78067_12186_83664.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12186_130903.jpg

med_gallery_78067_12186_144134.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12186_1405.jpg

[pict-capture: Voted-Commander Kazuhira of the Warwrought, 284 Storm Battalion, VII Legion.]

And with that my first vow for the IFE V is complete. Considering what to vow for the second...

Chaplain Dosjetka - a humble addition to the event - a HQ slot for my fists

I, marcusc, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least Captain Draco (aka vanilla Captain) by Saturday 7th January 2018. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Here's an early pic of the model, there's a breacher being used to check scale

2017 10 01 14.21.03

So RL has been distracting, I got these table ready last week but forgot to take a picture.

One IF Devastator Squad

IF Devs

I'm going to have to not add another vow as I still have to work on my Xenos vow and my free time lost two hrs a day due some a-hole stealing my car over the weekend.

Anyway. Thank you for the opportunity to paint up something different for my collection. 

Welcome! Still time to join in! :thumbsup:

Excellent!

I, dicebod, vow on the honour of the Seventh Legion to fully paint 1 Contemptor Dreadnought and 1 Legion Delegatus from the Horus Heresy Age of Darkness Army List, and worth 260 points, by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

And here is my start picture:

Legion Contemptor and Delegatus

Okay. I'm still down with Papa Nurgle's blessings, but I feel a lot better. I decided yesterday to finally begin working on that last librarian again. I did a bit, but tonight I finished him. All I'm doing now is correcting a few things, glosscoating him, then tomorrow I'll spray him with dullcote and add static grass. Almost there.

Keep it up, valhalla! May the Emperor give you strength and Dorn guide your brushes! :tu:

Congratulations to SoldierOfDorn for completing his vow!

Welcome to Marshal Wolfheart, marusc, and dicebod to the Expansion!

Last but not least sad to see you go, Focslain, but real life is real life and it's definitely the priority. :)

+ Updated to this post. +