You want to use a Decal? How oldschool.

May I interest you in this already opened ancient book or this magical, but absolutely-not-heresy horned skull? You can glue them onto your kneecaps easily. fancy.

Second Vow: I, JAG Templar, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least one Repulsor tank from C:SM, and worth 332 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

med_gallery_72111_11908_495155.jpeg

Turns out I did not have a decal that was knee pad size. So I tried painting it. Bad idea, but im still calling it done. Its close enoigh forngovernment work.

For some reason, though, after several.cpats of dullcote, the texture paint on the base still looks wet. Guess he'll be standing in an extra muddy part of the battlefield.

ninn

The last one on the right has another base because he had a 25 mm base that was molded, and I tried to keep it, because he has one foot up on a rock, but I don't like it and may redo it.

Edited by valhalla130

I'm glad I didn't make another vow. I'm currently working on my Mk. III tactical squad and my lieutenant model (which is an old metal Sternguard vet.)

I might have them done by the end of the expansion, but I'm not sure. These things have a lot of armor plates I want to delineate.

But I'm just sitting here slapping paint on models and chilling, and I have no deadline to bring me down.

86vVino.jpg

Edited by valhalla130

Now that I've had a couple nights at work, painting, I think I do want to make this a vow, if it's not too late. I'll present it, and you can let me know.

I, Valhalla130, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one tactical squad from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 176 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Here are my before pics.

Taken a few months ago...

TpFKB4R.jpg

Taken a few weeks ago after airbrushing and washing in Nuln Oil all my primed models...

P6kBdBI.jpg

Taken yesterday...

86vVino.jpg

I realize I'm going about this the wrong way, but I wasn't sure how fast I'd paint these after flailing around with those librarians. You'll notice I substituted a missile launcher tac marine for one of the Mk. III tactical also. I plan to split all my tactical marines up once I finish all six squads, so that my Battle for Macragge push-fit marines and my Mk. III marines aren't all concentrated in two squads and are mixed in. Then I'm going to apply squad markings to what I end up with.

Again, if this isn't acceptable, just let me know and I'll delete the post.

Edit: And the Sternguard vet in that last pic is not part of the vow.

Edited by valhalla130

Which means I can finally move onto the vow I have been waiting most patiently to do. On this day I will begin creating my own force of Imperial Fists to accompany my Black Templar crusade that our Chapters' brotherhood and comradeship be known by all! So without further delay...

I, CaptnRussia, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least four Devastator Squads armed with Heavy Bolters(One Marine has a bolter, I ran out) and varied Sergeant loadouts consisting of: Powerfists x2, Chainsword, Thunderhammer, Bolt Pistol, Plasma Pistol, and Storm Bolters x2 and Two Rhinos armed with two Storm Bolters each from Codex: Adeptus Astartes, and worth 609 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to Provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brother-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

The beginnings of my vow!

hYAPVo7.jpgYjTF83w.jpg