All right, fine. I'll make another vow. Pull my wishy-washy arm, why don't ya?

I, Valhalla130, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one tactical squad from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 166 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

BWGysAw.jpg
Edited by valhalla130

... I am late with my painting. I should already have finished all base colors, but I have not. Still fighting with the darker layer colors, and some models are left.

But I had quite fun with decals this time. Lets see how they turn out ....

I really hope I can manage to finish that vow. For Dorn!

A little update on my vow:

WEx7bia.jpg6gmNAuH.jpg

Tried my hand on wet blending for the first time in earnest on the grading highlight on the cloak and golden armor parts. I'm really pleased with the results, but the black side of the cloak will get another pass.

Then I went on to get some first ever OSL on the parchment next to the lantern. Not sure i'll leave it at that.

I also consider painting the tabard white, because i really think it's too black in black on the front (maybe freehand a cross on there as the store photo has... might see)

Got a few things to figure out still. I hope to finish him before the new year...

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

I, GrandMasterSapphon, vow on the honor of the Soul Drinkers to fully paint at least Primaris Captain in Gravis Armor with Boltstorm Gauntlet and Master-crafted Power Sword from Codex: Space Marine, and worth 148 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honor to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

For Dorn!

image.jpg

I got over my visit from Grandfather Nurgle, but I am currently possessed of a malaise where it comes to painting this last tac squad. I just want to do other things. I'm going to try to get the Leadbelcher and Khorne Red done tonight and hope I feel more like it tomorrow.

chaos spawn from Nurgle?  Because his tendrils have been choking the life out of me for the past week

Oh yeah, weeks of Papa Nurgle's flu critters aided by a visit from the Lord of Change who took out the suspension system in my 4 wheel drive to the tune of $2300 USD. I also managed to donate some blood for the Blood God in an incident that involved hungry donkeys and a spilled feed pail.

... and a Happy New Year!

Unbeknownst to me, they've completely shut down the plant this morning until Monday, so we have no power at all. All we have are some generators to run essential things.

That means I'm losing a whole weekend of painting and I won't be able to do it during the week because my daughter is here to the holidays and I'll have family commitments and my other job.

I may fail this last vow.

I'm glad to report my vow complete.

V5yApN2.jpg

ZvbcRl7.jpg

I went ahead and painted to tabard white, just to realize it drowns out most of the details and went back over to get it back to black. Better part of four hours painting for naught...

Same with the face basically, i painted it lighter, then went over it to get it darker, starting the highlighting over. Got to the conclusion i might have painted it to the best of my current ability. I will in the future get another Helbrecht and drill that Tiara thing off to get him a proper helmet, also in hope of a better cast for the model. Good luck and a steady painting hand to the brethren with their voes still open!

Happy new year everyone!

Awesome progress, brother sergeants!

This is my progress!

http://666kb.com/i/dpq55u7xygyskkiv4.jpg

Basecolors up to light brown are in place, highlights and washes missing, some blending done, style of bases decided.

The picture is not the best, but gives an idea of the progress. It is just a random squad. Too bad you cant see the decals, letterings and other stuff I did to all the brothers. I never used as much decals before, and my micron liner painted on all of them. They got white and colorfl helmets, colorful insignia and lots of colorful bolter cases.

The HQs in the spoiler turned out nice! The medic's white looks very good, I am impressed by my painting-white-skills. The librarian is very light blue, babyblue, like space wolves - and I dig it! The Captain's cloak got pink purple coat, and it makes him look very fancy. The Champion got the pink purple treatment too, but he is man enough to wear it.  He shall be known as the Emperor's Knight of Hearts.

http://666kb.com/i/dpq5dx69n05qwsbcw.jpg

http://666kb.com/i/dpq5ct1e20dfsy0sg.jpg

Thanks a lot, Brother Marcusc!

oil wash started, ... and they look even more awesome. Putting on a wash is like magic! always looking forward to that step...

Turns out I picked up an extra half shift at work. I may be able to crank these out, after all. However, turns out I completely forgot to add the Yriel Yellow layer to.this squad. I'm halfway thru that now, and then I'll have to go back and correct some red and silver trim I've gotten yellow on.

I'll need to complete the guns tonight, to have any chance of finishing on time.

Edited by valhalla130

I was sick all last week and finally put brush to paint. A bunch of work still left to do, but the sons of Sigismund and Dorn do not falter in the face of a challenge. They will be done for the 7th!

WIP pics

https://imgur.com/a/KEhEE

Did some more work tonight. Getting closer and closer.

WIP 2

https://imgur.com/a/SW2K5

Edited by Cognative

[snip]

START DATE: Wednesday 27th September 2017

END DATE: Saturday 7th January 2018, at 18:00 GMT

I just realized that Saturday isn't the 7th, did I correctly assume that it's until 18 GMT on Sunday? Would hate to fail the vow.