This is the first time I've ever attempted a checkered pattern on anything. I did it free hand. Does it look.okay?

blXI6nw.jpg

The four I've completed so far. Just six more bolter to go and a pistol in a holster. Then bases. I can do this.

xdU0I8W.jpg

Edited by valhalla130

Vow complete! Finally...

Learned a lot of things while doing this and if it isn't out of place is there anything I could have done better with the models?

38VcbbQ.jpg

Btw Valhalla that checker pattern is amazing! I wish I had half the skill for when I did that on my LRC earlier.

Edited by CaptnRussia

The only thing I would add would be washes. Whether you slather it all over like I do, or actually take your time and do just the recesses, they make a big difference. There's a reason they call washes "talent in a bottle."

And those guys look very neat and clean. I like 'em.

Edited by valhalla130

Well, turned out that I had a lot less free time than I'd expected. But we are sons of Dorn, we know full well that there is no excuse for failure. So, one Primaris Captain, as vowed. The base still needs work, but the model himself is finished, and that's good enough for me.

gallery_85913_13807_773814.jpg

gallery_85913_13807_1389168.jpg

Approximately an hour to go before the challenge ends, brothers and sisters! There's been a flurry of close-to-the-wire completions; hopefully we can get a few more in before the end! :thumbsup:

+ Updated to this point. +

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Done. Uploading now. Curses to slow internet.

gallery_86689_11936_366947.jpg

gallery_86689_11936_135280.jpg

gallery_86689_11936_277803.jpg

gallery_86689_11936_565823.jpg

Some awesomeness here, brothers. Ya'll make me embarrassed with my painting. Congrats to everyone who finished. For those who couldn't, real life happens at the most inconvenient times.

Edited by Semper Fortis

I finished last night but forgot to post pics due to my lack of sleep, I won't be able to post them until this afternoon, do I still fail my vow? (Detail pics & turntable will be posted to my Crusade thread in the BT forums later today / tomorrow)

++VOW COMPLETE++

Imperial Knight Crusader

"Musashi"

0YsX1ns.jpg

Many thanks to Chaplain Dosjetka for running this event!

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

• 3 weeks later...

Well very belated, but I failed my vows much to my shame. Going across the world to spend Xmas with my s/o and the intensities of work drained all energy into painting.

But I will complete my vowed miniatures this year. Now where's that signature of shame to join my growing collection...

Cambrius

• 2 weeks later...