gallery_45765_12908_109524.png

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngIMPERIAL FISTS EXPANSION V

Across a galaxy torn apart by conflict and misery, Traitors and Xenos spill forth from their filthy strongholds. The Imperium is weak and these foul carrion birds spy an opportunity to feast upon the rotting carcasses of the Imperium's loyal defenders, torn assunder by a million wars, brought low by treachery and cowardice. Hundreds of billions die with their names consigned to oblivion, their heroic deeds that should shine as beacons of hope and courage are forgotten or ignored.

And yet, one beacon has been lit, its glow and warmth slowly expanding, growing in strength with every passing day, spreading promise and fortitude wherever it goes, whatever it touches.

Mankind's staunchest and most loyal defenders have not said their last word and rise yet again to raise their blades and shields against this legion of foes, to throw them out of His domain, to cast them down and eradicate their very presence from the stars.

Dorn's children have defended the Emperor and the people of the Imperium for over ten millennia. They shall stand firm and spill the blood of their foes for ten thousand years more.

Rise, Sons of Dorn! Mankind calls and we shall answer!

Raise your shields and stand firm! Raise your blades and let them taste blood!

Foes shall be cast down and glory shall be had!

Rise, in the name of Dorn and the Emperor!

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngOUTLINE

The Imperial Fists Expansion (IFE) is an event open to all Sons of Dorn, whether in the disant past of M30/M31 or in the dark future of the 41st Millennium, with the aim of getting your unpainted models out of boxes and onto the painting table!

You will have just over three months to paint as many models/points as possible. The aim is to paint as many points as you can in that time.

While you will only be able to vow Codex-legal units, there will be one small exception that I will cover later on for people who just want to paint a one-off model to test out a colour scheme, join in the fun without committing to paint too much, or both!

Reward-wise, there shall be a personal one in the shape of signature banners for each and every person who completes their vow(s) in the given time.

For those of you who are new to this, you might want to check out the previous edition of this event to get a feel of what it shall be like (ie. heaps of fun).

For the veterans... welcome back, battle-scarred Astartes!

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngRULES

The rules for this event are simple:

1. VOWS
Every participant on either side must make at least one (1) and up to a maximum of seven (7) vows. Each of these vows must have at least one (1) and up to four (4) Codex-legal units. There is no limit on points.
To be accepted, the vow must be posted in this thread using the following format (minor variations accepted):

I, [insert name here], vow on the honour of [insert Chapter/Legion name here] to fully paint at least [unit name, wargear, and quantity] from [source (ie. book, dataslate, etc)], and worth [total points value] by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

It is crucial to note the following things:

• If you fail to complete one vow, then all previous vows are considered void and do not count towards the final points total;
  • You must start work on your vow after having submitted it. Miniatures that are entered into the challenge must be unpainted, undercoated, or in the very early stages of painting. If you are unsure whether or not your models qualify for entry, please ask.
  • A vow must be completed before another is made. Also, once submitted, a vow cannot be modified in any shape or form so think before you pledge!

2. VICTORY
Once the event is over and the dust has settled, for all of those who have successfully completed all of their vows, there shall be a signature banner celebrating their personal success and the upkeep of their promise. Wear it with pride as you continue your activities here on the Bolter & Chainsword!

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngDEADLINES

START DATE: Wednesday 27th September 2017
END DATE: Saturday 7th January 2018, at 18:00 GMT

All deadlines shall be strictly observed. Make sure you give yourself enough time to post your vows and then complete them to avoid any disappointment! There shall be no exceptions!

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngLEGAL UNITS

Each vow must be made up of at least one unit from the latest Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition), Index: Imperium 1, Imperial Armour - Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes, or the relevant Forge World Horus Heresy books and dataslates. These can be mixed and matched but their source must be clear. If you have any doubts, please ask.

There is one exception to this rule for the people who just want to join in for a bit of fun without painting masses of models:

You can vow a single, infantry-sized model (in power armour and variants or Terminator armour) of your choice as your first vow. No other units can be pledged in this first vow and you can only make such a vow once during the whole event. Whatever the wargear choice, model in game terms, etc. this entry will always have a fixed value of 50 points. This is to give people the opportunity to model and paint a one-off model of their choice while also allowing them to contribute to the overall effort.

Deathwatch
The question has come up a couple of times whether Dornian Deathwatch members are allowed or not. While you cannot use the Deathwatch units from Index: Imperium 1, most of them have equivalents in Codex: Space Marines so if you'd like to paint up a unit in Deathwatch colours which is made up 100% of Imperial Fists and/or successors, feel free to do so!

IMPORTANT:
It goes without saying that all models must represent a member of the Imperial Fists Chapter/Legion or one of their many successors.

It also goes without saying that all vowed models must respect WYSIWYG as much as possible.

Last but not least, your models must be anywhere between a 'still-in-box' state to assembled and basecoated with the main colour to be accepted. If unsure, please ask in this thread or PM me.

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngTROPHIES

Since we are running this event at the same time as the Xenos Community Event/Xeno Files and the 10th Edition of Call of Chaos, I figured I'd re-include trophies taken from IFE IV. Trophies are a way to add detail to your models while also giving you a small points bonus for the overall points score. The given bonus will be a +10% point increase (rounding down) for the trophy'd unit when we do the totals at the end of the event. To be eligible, at least 50% of the unit's models need to have a trophy. For example, in the case of a Dreadnought unit made up of one Dreadnought, you only need to add a single element to the Dreadnought's base (a split helmet, for example) for it to be considered trophy'd. However in a five-man Tactical Squad, three of the five models need to have a trophy for the unit to be considered trophy'd. In the case of a ten-man Squad, at least five models must have a trophy.

A trophy can be one of the following (non-exhaustive list):
  • The helmet of a fallen warrior;
  • A banner that has been cast down;
  • The burning remains of armour/a vehicle;
  • Etc

It goes without saying that these trophies must represent filthy traitors and xenos.

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngBANNERS

300 x 100 px
gallery_45765_12908_58195.png
http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12908/gallery_45765_12908_58195.png

33 x 100 px
gallery_45765_12908_1745.png

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12908/gallery_45765_12908_1745.png

gallery_45765_12309_673.pngIMPORTANT STUFF

Out-of-competiton vows
There could be cases that what people want to build/paint cannot be reconciled with the rules posted above. For example, some might want to do crazy conversions or scratch builds; others might want to paint miniatures from other gaming systems, such as Epic, BFG, etc; some might miss the deadline for joining in; or some want to paint models which aren't included within the allowed Codecies and books.

With that in mind, out-of-competition vows are allowed but their points shall not be counted towards your total at the end of the event! You are expected to finish your vow(s) however so make sure you get them done by the deadline!

If unsure...
I could put whole list of other things here but most of that is common sense. However, if you have any questions concerning anything that might be unclear or not mentioned in the post above, please do not hesitate to ask by posting or by sending me a PM!

The most important rule of all
Have fun! :thumbsup:

For Dorn and the Emperor! Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Imperial Fists Expansion V vows
Frater Chapter Vow # Value Pledge Complete
Brother Cambrius Vanquishers 1 137 pts Link Link

[/td]Vanquishers/Sons of Doom2538 ptsLinkLink

Brother_GneecapperBlack Templars1165 ptsLinkLink

CapitanoSoul Drinkers1209 ptsLinkLink

Soul Drinkers2170 ptsLinkLink

CaptnRussiaBlack Templars1222 ptsLinkLink

Imperial Fists2609 ptsLinkLink

Chaplain DosjetkaVanquishers150 ptsLinkLink

CognativeBlack Templars1342 ptsLinkLink

dicebodLegio VII1260 ptsLinkLink

Disruptor_fe404Sentinels192 ptsLinkLink

FocslainImperial Fists1224 ptsLinkLink

GrandMasterSapphonSoul Drinkers1148 ptsLinkLink

HellebrasImperial Fists1106 ptsLinkLink

JAG TemplarBlack Templars168 ptsLinkLink

Black Templars2332 ptsLinkLink

Kastor KriegBlack Templars1615 ptsLinkLink

KisadaCrimson Fists/Imperial Fists1581 ptsLinkLink

LogiterIronslayers11101 ptsLinkLink

LustratiAstral Knights1175 ptsLinkLink

marcuscImperial Fists174 ptsLinkLink

Marshal van TrappBlack Templars1534 ptsLinkLink

Black Templars2675 ptsLinkLink

Marshal WolfheartBlack Templars1170 ptsLinkLink

MatteusLegio VII1966 ptsLinkLink

ninnImperial Fists11280 ptsLinkLink

Semper FortisLegio VII1175 ptsLinkLink

Legio VII2130 ptsLinkLink

Soldier of DornLegio VII1100 ptsLinkLink

SonminiserDorn's Cohort1239 ptsLinkLink

Tankus WokusCrimson Guard1982 ptsLinkLink

TheOneTrueZonBlack Templars1320 ptsLinkLink

ThurservorVorpal Swords1465 ptsLinkLink

valhalla130Imperial Fists1374 ptsLinkLink

Imperial Fists2176 ptsLinkLink

Imperial Fists3166 ptsLinkLink

TOTAL VOWED12970 pts

TOTAL COMPLETED5532 pts

COMPLETION RATE42.65%[td=Complete]

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka
7th January update

I, Cognative, vow on the honour of The Black Templar to fully paint at least 1 Stormhawk Interceptor with Skyhammer Missiles and Icarus Storm Cannon, 1 Apothecary on Bike, and 1 Tech Marine on Bike with Conversion Beamer from Index Imperium 1, and worth 342 Points by Saturday 7th January 2017. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn, Sigismund, and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

Edit: Pics in Spoiler

Apologises for the poor lighting. Still looking into building a light box.

IdTygcW.jpg

ZVPmkV7.jpg

SNPtpqo.jpg

Edited by Cognative

Question - are models which have had literally two steps from black primer done (airbrushed main color and basecoated red helmets / fists) acceptable? I have a huge stack of Primaris Crimson Fists (two Dark Imperium's worth) with conversions started, etc.; waiting to be painted; as well as a huge infantry force of Imperia Fist Templars for 30k in similar stage of completion (airbrushed yellow on black primer). This is basically an evening of work per large force done, just the very first step for the whole thing.

Would such models be permissible? Examples:
sFOh6fW.jpg

PfI0z7g.jpg

Whole CF force after airbrush basecoating:

YRRuSvQ.jpg

Also:
 > Every participant on either side must make at least one (1) and up to a maximum of seven (7) vows. Each of these vows must have at least one (1) and up to four (4) Codex-legal units.

Do the Characters count in that 4 unit limit? This will severely reduce vow size? 

And does Codex-legal mean also Index-legal? Like the Imperial Space Marine?

Edited by Kastor Krieg

I have a question regarding chapter that have an unclear predecessor. If a chapter in a homebrew lore claims that is of Dorn's legacy, can it be included into the event? I am talking about Vorpal Swords.

Absolutely they can. I used my Vanquishers Chapter last year for the Expansion. Any son of Dorn is welcome.

Speaking of which:

I, Brother Cambrius, vow on the honour of the Vanquishers to fully paint at least 1 classic Vindicator with a Storm Bolter from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 137 points by Saturday 7th January 2017. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.
Ave Imperator!

med_gallery_26154_4148_228869.jpg

Operation Reclamation is coming back Brothers! :biggrin.: This is a Vindicator my friend had in his army but as he left the hobby I bought all his Space Marines, which are in need of love, care and paint. Thus this shall be my first foray for IEV. Only sticky point currently is finding a replacement exhaust pipe for the front left side of the tank.

May Dorn and the Emperor guide my hands in this endeavour and bring forth the long revered and honoured Vindicator, Thunderbolt into the hallowed halls of the painted.

Cambrius

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

I, Marshal van Trapp, vow on the honour of The Black Templars to fully paint at least A captain in gravis armour, 2 primaris lieutenants, a primaris ancient, and 3 primaris inceptors from Codex: Adeptus Astartes, and worth 534 points by Saturday 7th January 2017. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

No pity! No remorse! No fear!

I've been needing something like this to get me off my assignment and painting all those nifty primaris I got from the dark imperium box. This is the perfect opportunity!

1VBNpyM.jpg

Edited by Marshal van Trapp

Do we need to include everything we plan to paint in the 3 months in that first vow? Or is it just that some people are really fast painters?

I have a tactical squad, a bike squad, a Land Raider, a Razorback, two devastator squads and three centurions that have been primed, basecoated Averland Sunset, and washed all over in Nuln Oil. Would these count? Or are they too far along?

Also, I wanted to paint my librarian soon, maybe two of them. Would they count as a unit, or towards that single model option you mentioned?

Edited by valhalla130

Do we need to include everything we plan to paint in the 3 months in that first vow? Or is it just that some people are really fast painters?

You don't have to pledge them all at once, as you can do multiple vows as each one is finished. But make sure you complete each one, as to fail one by the deadline voids all the previously completed vows. But if you want to pledge all you have in one go, I'm pretty sure that's acceptable too.

Regarding the models, PM Dos some pics to see if they pass. I think they should be fine.

The Librarians can be done individually I think as well so no need to put them as a unit.

Good luck brother! Looking forwards to seeing your work.

<EDIT> Added some more response.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Question - are models which have had literally two steps from black primer done (airbrushed main color and basecoated red helmets / fists) acceptable? I have a huge stack of Primaris Crimson Fists (two Dark Imperium's worth) with conversions started, etc.; waiting to be painted; as well as a huge infantry force of Imperia Fist Templars for 30k in similar stage of completion (airbrushed yellow on black primer). This is basically an evening of work per large force done, just the very first step for the whole thing.

Would such models be permissible? Examples:

Yes, those models are all acceptable. That would be the upper limit that would be allowed for this event so you're all good. :tu:

Also:

> Every participant on either side must make at least one (1) and up to a maximum of seven (7) vows. Each of these vows must have at least one (1) and up to four (4) Codex-legal units.

Do the Characters count in that 4 unit limit? This will severely reduce vow size? 

And does Codex-legal mean also Index-legal? Like the Imperial Space Marine?

That's 28 units that you can vow so for the moment I think that's enough. If I see that someone is reaching the upper limit on vows and there's still time left, the limit can be raised. However don't get too far ahead of yourself. ;)

Characters do indeed count towards that limit however characters like Lieutenants can be purchased in groups so you can always have three Lieutenants as one unit.

I have a question regarding chapter that have an unclear predecessor. If a chapter in a homebrew lore claims that is of Dorn's legacy, can it be included into the event? I am talking about Vorpal Swords. 

If a Chapter claims to be created from Dorn's geneseed, they are a valid choice for this event. :)

I have a tactical squad, a bike squad, a Land Raider, a Razorback, two devastator squads and three centurions that have been primed, basecoated Averland Sunset, and washed all over in Nuln Oil. Would these count? Or are they too far along?

Also, I wanted to paint my librarian soon, maybe two of them. Would they count as a unit, or towards that single model option you mentioned?

No, you don't. You can make a first single-unit vow, complete that one and then vow something else, complete your second vow, etc.

Yes, those models would be acceptable but any further wouldn't.

The Librarians would each count as a unit with the points values from Codex: Space Marines. The single model thing is for someone who'd like to paint a one-off model in the colours of one of Dorn's Chapters, so it could be a single Primaris Intercessor, Tactical Marine, Veteran Sergeant, etc. which wouldn't be otherwise possible because they're not a legal unit in their own right.

Hopefully that clears things up for you all. :)

Also, a big welcome to our first participants, Cognative, Brother Cambrius, and Marshal van Trapp. All the best for your vows! :tu:

[based on this image as group shot] https://i.imgur.com/YRRuSvQ.jpg

My vow are Declates Crusade veterans, of mixed Crimson Fist and Black Templar heritage, who have mutually agreed to undergo Primaris treatment as means of assisting in the rebuilding of the the Crimson Fists Chapter, further cementing their battlefield brotherhood.

+ I,  Reclusiarch Krieg, vow on the honour of Black Templars to fully paint at least the following Crimson Fists, Declates Crusade! +

10-MAN INTERCESSOR SQUAD SANTIAGO with bolt rifles [200]

6-MAN INCEPTOR SQUAD OTTWIN with assault bolters [270]

RECLUSIARCH BORCHARDT [85]

IMPERIAL MORITAT ABSALÓN [60]

+ These units hail from the Codex: Space Marines aside from the Index-derived "Imperial Space Marine", and are worth [615 pts]. They will be finished by Saturday 7th January 2017.

+ I hereby vow to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my pledge and not to fail my brothers-in-arms! +

+ IMPERATOR VULT! +

Edited by Kastor Krieg

I, Logiter, vow on the honour of Ironslayers to fully paint at least:

1 Typhon heavy siege tank

1 Achilles land raider

1 Deathstorm drop pod with missile array

from IA Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes, and worth 1101 points by Saturday 7th January 2017. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

...Here's hoping I manage it!

IMG 0315

Edited by Logiter

Woot! Oh, I am SO in. I've been waiting for this. Have a pile of tanks I've put together over the last few months and I want to paint some for this event. I have several characters and a few squads of troops prepped. Having said all that, I'm going to start slow for this first vow.

I, Semper Fortis, vow on the honour of VIIth Legion, the Imperial Fists, to fully paint at least one Contemptor Dreadnought with melta and CCW claw from Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List, and worth 175 points by Saturday 7th January 2017. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Weapons, points, and pic will be added in the morning. (It's after dark and I have my pajamas on. I'm not trudging up to my studio this late, not even for Dorn.) :)

gallery_86689_11936_158744.jpg

Edited to add weps, points, and start pic.

Edited by Semper Fortis

<snip>

Only sticky point currently is finding a replacement exhaust pipe for the front left side of the tank.

I've had the same problem replacing exhaust pipes on some of my old Rhinos. I used these, http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry/Power-Plants-Fuel-Tanks-/_i.html?_fsub=11335513012 from Blood and Skulls Industries. Can't remember offhand which size fits the Rhinos body. Hope that helps.

I, Kisada, vow on the honour of Rogal Dorn to fully paint 10 intercessor marines including 2 sergeants and 2 aux grenade launchers as well as a primaris Ancient in the livery of the Imperial Fists from Codex Space Marines, and worth 271 points. I will also fully paint 10 hellblaster marines including 2 sergeants in the livery of the Crimson Fists from Codex Space Marines, and worth 330 points. I promise to complete this vow by Saturday 7th of January, 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Preshading for the first 5, got some yellow on them today but didn't get a chance to take pics because I was running late for work

yA39ZAb.jpg?1

Second set of intercessors. Getting ready for priming and the batch painting.

aZFUCSH.jpg?1

Hellblasters and Ancient

GUhmxS6.jpg?1

Edit changed date to 2018

Edited by Kisada

I, Focslain, vow on the honour of Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one devestator squad from Codex: Space Marine, and worth 224pts by Saturday 7th January 2017. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Edit: Picture below

20171002 182224 806x605

I have to get a new tactical box to finish the sgt. I will be adding it to my vows later but I want to do another chapter as the squad will be part of my crusading force. 

First person to PM me the name and colour scheme (linky if you can) of a IF successor will be one I do. 
Edited by Focslain

Ah, crud, got hung up on the Legion number "7" and thought it was 7 vows AND 7 units in each. Will amend this promptly, but that will make it even harder to squeeze in all the different HQs :sad.:

EDIT: Done.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

I, Valhalla130, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least 3 librarians from the Adeptus Astartes Codex, and worth 374 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

AuwbeFZ.jpgHvaPZDK.jpg

1xzDBmW.jpg

Edited by valhalla130

+ Updated to this point. +

I've just noticed that I didn't fully modify the date in the copy/paste vow and so everyone has Saturday 7th January 2017... :sweat: Ah well!

Anyway, welcome to all new participants! Great to see some older faces mixed in with the newer ones. :tu:

My mistake. I skimmed through the vow and missed that you had two Chapters in there. Fixed. :thumbsup:

Hey mate, my vow should go towards Black Templars, as vowed. This is a mixed force of Templars and CF in CF livery, from the Declates Crusade where they started the custom of wearing each others' liveries. 

I'd rather it counted towards my parent Chapter.