Possible Grimaldus alternative model

JAG Templar

Hey all,

I really like Wargame Exclusive but they don't do a lot of Templar-friendly models. With a head swap I think this guy could make a pretty good Grimaldus. Pretty hefty price tag and question marks around scaling. Thoughts?

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/space-warriors/imperial-confessor-limited-edition/

He's a very busy model ("provides hours of entertaining fun for the entire family"), but I like how he turned out. I think I would put a helmet on him out of general principle, but I'd say yes.

He's not cheap, but not outrageous either.

He's a very busy model ("provides hours of entertaining fun for the entire family"), but I like how he turned out. I think I would put a helmet on him out of general principle, but I'd say yes.

They say there is a helmet option for him, they just can't show it. Guess why, three shots.

They say there is a helmet option for him, they just can't show it. Guess why, three shots.

I missed that. Where does it say he has a helmet? That makes the model even more attractive, provided it is a skull helm.

I dislike it. It's way too busy for me. The cherub is weird, the candles on his shoulder pad are ridiculous, even for 40K and there isn't a single armor plate that isn't completely covered in clutter.  

The cherub + parchment is optional.

I missed that. Where does it say he has a helmet? That makes the model even more attractive, provided it is a skull helm.

In my emails with them. They said the skull helm option from [ https://youtu.be/BMKY0d7Gd7E ] is there, only they cannot show it online. 

Just as well, I've ordered the not-Abaddon when it was not listed (through Search on their page) and I expect it to arrive with additional head and backpack options that they did not show.

It has arrived. I'll have some photos up tomorrow. 

All I can say is that I am SO glad I didn't get the new Primaris Chaplain. For nearly the same price this is oozing with character, with minimal alterations to bring it the proper amount of BT heraldry. Say what you will about the 3D renders posted online, in the hand this is simply exquisite detail that I hope I do justice when it comes to paint. 

All I can say is that I am SO glad I didn't get the new Primaris Chaplain. For nearly the same price this is oozing with character, with minimal alterations to bring it the proper amount of BT heraldry. Say what you will about the 3D renders posted online, in the hand this is simply exquisite detail that I hope I do justice when it comes to paint. 

What's the scale comparison with a primaris marine/chaplain?

Did you get it with two head variants, like they promised? Skull helmet and bare head?

What's the scale comparison with a primaris marine/chaplain?

Pics happening tonight, posting tomorrow AM. My Primaris are in a box waiting their turn in line for attention, they have been trumped recently by my SoB project which is also getting first daylight tomorrow as well (it's glorious).

Did you get it with two head variants, like they promised? Skull helmet and bare head?

Yes indeed. And the Cherub is cheeky enough that I might put a MK3 helmet on it just in spite of that nurgling getting all the attention for the DG scum.

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

Yes indeed. And the Cherub is cheeky enough that I might put a MK3 helmet on it just in spite of that nurgling getting all the attention for the DG scum.

That's awesome to hear, I will be ordering one. And it's a great, cheeky idea! :D

Shipping from Ukraine was amazingly speedy (relatively) - 1.5 weeks from when I got the tracking number. The model is kinda crammed into a blister pack. Aside from a small break on the backpack sconces - I'm planning on modeling some smoke coming out of them which should hide that nicely - this model is immaculate. I was hard pressed to find single mold line of any note. Slightly taller than a Primaris, and the heads are pretty big. Almost... too big? I'm on the fence if I like it or not. Other than that this model will certainly get fast tracked for paint!

SettAVL.jpg

MO0JBoj.jpg

L27obW6.jpg

XznENHs.jpg

msgLAVF.jpg

x1gazx6.jpg

The head thing is truly the one drawback. it's over-scaled even by their standards. But maybe that's a safe way to avoid IP problems. Who knows! In any case there are a multitude of replacements and I am considering using a heavily modified Reiver helm.

As for using that skull helm, first thought is it'll look great on a Chaplain Dread. ::adds Chaplain Dread to list of things to do for 40k.... item number #2,145::