Possible Grimaldus alternative model

JAG Templar

The head thing is truly the one drawback. it's over-scaled even by their standards. But maybe that's a safe way to avoid IP problems. Who knows! In any case there are a multitude of replacements and I am considering using a heavily modified Reiver helm.

As for using that skull helm, first thought is it'll look great on a Chaplain Dread. ::adds Chaplain Dread to list of things to do for 40k.... item number #2,145::

my first inclination would be to drill out the spot for the head more and make it sit deeper in the collar

That head is the first skull helmet of appropriate size IF there is supposed to be an actual skull of the Marine inside. You guys seem to expect a helmet to have the dimensions of the actual head?

The problem isn't the size of the head, it's how far out of the collar it sticks that makes it look goofy. I think having it sit lower would make it look better

I agree that the head looks odd, but it can be altered. it's always better to start with too much than not enough! I, for one, like the model, and when I get around to getting Primarus Marines (yes folks, it's a when now), I'll really give serious thought to making this the Chaplain! Must add Templar fiddly-bits though.

I think the other thing to take into account is the "BA-like" halo around the helm. I would definitely trim that off, preferring a cleaner skull. That being said, a Reiver helmet would also solve the issue.

I still like the figure, so its acquisition has been added to my "to do" list.

Well, not a fan of the model, thought it was too busy. But daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn if he didn't know exactly what to do with it. Colour me impressed. Bad pun, because the colouring is what I'm most impressed by. 

EDIT: i shouldn't read posts when i got a fever

Edited by Reinhard