Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 ITC Tournament, no LoW, no FW, single detachment

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

wulfgar hammerfist

wulfgar hammerfist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,254 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum
My FLGS is holding a 1500 single detachment tournament in a couple of weeks. It will use ITC rules along with no LOWs and no FW. I am looking at bringing a Death Guard list and I offer the following as my initial thoughts. I'd like opinions on what you think are inefficiencies and suggestions about how to improve the list. Thanks for taking a look!

Battalion Detachment (+3CP)
Typhus (Blades of Putrefaction, Putrescent Vitality)
Daemon Prince, wings, talons x2, suppurating plate (Plague Wind)

10 Cultists
10 Cultists
10 Cultists
20 Poxwalkers
10 Plague Marines (1x plague sword, 5x bubotic axe, 2x blight launchers)

Biologus Putrifier
Noxious Blightbringer

PBC, 2x plaguespitters, heavy slugger

1433, 6CP

Again, this is just a starting point and I am open to pretty much anything for now. I'd like to finalize the list before Friday so I can get some reps in with it.

Initial thoughts are to drop the wings on the DP to bring in a vanilla lord to buff the PBCs. I envision this list operating in a giant blob and slowly trodding forward towards the enemy. The buff characters help with speed, pulling off the grenade gimmick, and making the PMs more lethal. The cultists are there to put more bodies on the table, absorb charges, and perhaps feed the poxwalkers.

Much appreciated!

Edited by Wulfgar76, 28 September 2017 - 08:46 PM.

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpgETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,311 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard

I'd drop the cultists for more poxwalkers myself, just because while their a bit more expensive, when they have Typhus their so ridiculously durable for their price. But that's just me.

Also, what is with people and Forgeworld? Do people need servitor-cherubs to float down from the heavens bearing a gold-plated seal of approval to let people use their models, good lord.

Edited by The Unseen, 28 September 2017 - 07:38 AM.

• Plaguecaster likes this

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

wulfgar hammerfist

wulfgar hammerfist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,254 posts
I could drop all of the cultists for another 20 poxwalkers or field three units of 15. I might take a look at that.

As for the FW restriction, normally FW is perfectly fine but we're introducing several new players into the hobby and we don't want to overwhelm them.

wulfgar hammerfist

wulfgar hammerfist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,254 posts
Version 2 

This one divides the army into two battle groups. One, consisting of the DP and drones, is a fast moving, aggressive formation designed to get in close and buy time for the infantry. The second battle group, Typhus and the infantry, slowly make their way up the board to either grab objectives or close in on the foe. 

Battalion Detachment (+3CP) 

Typhus 
Daemon Prince, wings, 2x talons, suppurating plate 

15 Poxwalkers 
15 Poxwalkers 
15 Poxwalkers 
10 Plague Marines (1x plague sword, 5x bubotic axes, 2x blight launchers) 

Biologus Putrifier 
Noxious Blightbringer 

Foetid Bloat Drone, 2x plaguespitters 
Foetid Bloat Drone, 2x plaguespitters 
Foetid Bloat Drone, 2x plaguespitters (maybe swap for fleshmower?) 

1487, 6CP

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Have you thought of maybe switching out the plaguespitters on your Drones with Heavy Blightlaunchers?  It would give you a little more shooting power, especially against heavies and tanks.

Would recommend maybe 2x Drone with HB, and 1xDrone with Fleshmower (because it's cool!!!!) or plague spitters

For the extra points you can squeeze out a few more Poxwalkers msn-wink.gif 

wulfgar hammerfist

wulfgar hammerfist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,254 posts
That is a solid suggestion. I hadn't really considered the heavy blight launcher because I don't have the model for it. I do own five plaguespitter drones though. I might have to look at converting some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users