Equipping Blightlord Terminators from the box

Wayniac

I tried mixing body parts with the torsos they weren't intended for, it's not as easy as it sounds but it works.

Anyhow, I ended up doing what many suggested here :

1 flail

1 blight launcher / axe

2 combi-plasma / axe

1 champion with combi-plasma / balesword

The combi bolters bases are easily retrofitted with plasma gun bits.from SM / guard /scions and the likes.

I'll go with longer range, rapid-fire capable weapons on the blightlords to be efficient right after deep strike.

Melta is also nice because of the damage profile and assault capability, but a double tap followed by the intended charge right after deepstriking is my plan for this unit. Not to mention that if it clears it's target as intended, the added range will be welcome for the next unit to harass.

As far as I can see in the codex, there's no problem equipping the champion of the unit with the flail, is there? In that case, wouldn't you always give him the flail, as he has 3 attacks, over the 2 attacks of the grunts?

The rule says you can equip a Blightlord Terminator with it. So, in my reading, it's not applicable for a Blightlord Champion

(same type of wording restrictions for the plague marine flails)

Edited by Isolia

As far as I can see in the codex, there's no problem equipping the champion of the unit with the flail, is there? In that case, wouldn't you always give him the flail, as he has 3 attacks, over the 2 attacks of the grunts?

The rule says you can equip a Blightlord Terminator with it. So, in my reading, it's not applicable for a Blightlord Champion

Bummer. Especially since I assembled my champion with a flail. 

Bummer. Especially since I assembled my champion with a flail.

Make him a demoted champion who thus picked a flail to take out his rage on tanks and space surfs! :)

I am really torn between all combi-plasma and all combi-melta, and whether or not to add a blight launcher in there.

The 18" double tap range on combi plasma seems really strong to me. On the other hand, I think few things in this game can do as much as meltaguns, and having a bunch of meltaguns on a tough to kill unit seems powerful (advancing and firing at -1 seems good too).

Don't forget our legion trait also nullifies the -1 to hit for advancing and firing assault weapons, which is handy for combi-melta and blight launchers - though blightlords only advance half as far due to cataphractii armour. 

Edited by Arkhanist