Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1250 pts, no tzaangors or cultists

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Paladin777

Paladin777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts
So I've got a game next week set for 1250 points and I'm really not sure how to go about making a decent list with that few points. I'm normally 1850+ or bust. I do not own any tzaangors nor cultists and I like to play with what I've got. That being said, here's roughly what I've come up with so far:

Ahriman on disc

Deamon prince or exalted

9 rubricae with sorcerer, one with soul reaper cannon mounted in rhino

9 rubricae with sorcerer, one with soul reaper cannon mounted in rhino

4 rubricae with sorcerer

Predator or heldrake

Edited by Paladin777, 29 September 2017 - 01:06 AM.

Zodd1888

Zodd1888

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts
Ahriman on disc, DP with claws, all your Rubrics, and a Disco Predator. Tanky and well balanced. Add some Warpflame if you've got the models.

That ends up around 1200 points +/-50. It's a pretty bursty list if there is some good LOS blocking terrain.

I'd recommend picking up a Rhino if you're going 3-bric for the battalion. Putting 5 man units with a couple flamers in it can be a great breacher and Rhino can further block LOS on disembark.

Paladin777

Paladin777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts
Well I own far more than what I've put down, I just don't have any chaff units, forge world, or dinobots.

What I put down was more of a list idea and it seems to be in line with what your suggesting, though I don't have any warpflamers... all my rubric marines are from the old metal/plastic combo kits. The soul reaper cannons are really just ancient metal heavy bolted bits.

Edited by Paladin777, 29 September 2017 - 01:03 AM.

Paladin777

Paladin777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts
So the list I settled on is pretty much what I posted above:

Ahriman with disc,

Deamon prince with wings, sword, and single claw (I know the double claws are probably better, but he's modeled this way.)

Squad of 9 rubricae marines w/ one soul reaper cannon + sorcerer with staff + rhino with single combi-bolter

Squad of 9 rubricae marines w/ one soul reaper cannon + sorcerer with staff + rhino with single combi-bolter

Squad of 4 rubricae + 1 sorc with staff

Predator with autocannon and two lascannons.

All coming to 1244 points. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Paladin777

Paladin777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts
So I played the game yesterday and it was against alpha legion. My opponent fielded a lord with axe and plasma pistol, a warp smith, a 5 man squad of marines with a lascannon, a 5 man squad of marines with a missile launcher, a 6 man havoc squad with 4 lascannons, 2 mobs of 10 cultists, and 2 'squads' of two spawn.

Turn one: he goes first and kills my predator with his havocs but doesn't do anything else except get in a lovely rapid fire range for my guys by advancing his cultists and spawn
My turn one: I disembark from my rhinos and warp time my second squad to get more models in rapid fire range. Cast prescience on one of my large rubric squads that is also in range of my prince's aura which then proceeds to annihilate one of the marine squads. The other large rubric squad wipes out the first cultist mob. I had used smite on the spawn earlier which allowed me to cut down a spawn on each squad while shooting. I then charge the full strength mob of cultists with the rubric squad that had been warptimed and prescience'd and wiped out most of them while taking no casualties. Ahriman charges one of the spawn, and my prince charges the other eliminating them both. Overall a very successful first turn!

Turn two: he moves his warp smith in range to charge my rearward rubric squad, disengages his last cultist from my rubrics in center table so he can shoot at them, moves his lord in position to charge that same squad and proceeds to take out the whole squad, though it takes his entire army shooting to take it down to two models then his lord and morale finished the job. He charged his warpsmith into the rearward rubric squad taking 3 wounds from overwatch, failing to kill any rubrics and biting it from my attacks back.

My turn: I shoot his other squad of marines to death, smite and shoot his lord to death, move Ahriman and my deamon prince move to the front lines, Ahriman slingshots (warptime) my deamon prince to right in front of his havocs who proceeds to cast diabolic strength and the game got called just before the assault phase due to outside circumstances.

TL;DR
Just before my assault phase of the bottom of turn two, he has one squad of havocs with a deamon prince within 2" ready to assault, and I had one large squad of rubricae had taken one casualty, my small squad took no casualties, my rhinos took one wound between the two of them, and Ahriman and my prince were not wounded and in range to wreck stuff.

STL (still too long); DR
My Sons killed it!

Friggin awesome!!

Edited by Paladin777, 06 October 2017 - 05:30 PM.

Ulfast

Ulfast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 476 posts

Congratulation on a well fought game. Glory to the Thousands sons! I myself fought my first battle against world eaters this thursday and won (only 1000p) :)