A standing ovation...for Warhorse

9x19 Parabellum

Brothers, I ask you to stand and salute, not for a particular well painted miniature, but rather, for one of my best allies, companion, and tools of the trade.

I present to you: Warhorse.

gallery_95196_13406_277177.jpg

Warhorse is an Army Painter "regiment" brush. She went into service around Thanksgiving of last year, and immediately saw action in the great Blood Angel painting campaigns. She first saw action as a base coating brush, but there was something about her particular ability to hold an edge that she soon became my go to all-arounder. She volunteered for every mission, whether I needed to put on edge highlights, washes, base coating, layers, or even fine details; no task seemed to be beyond her. Infantry, vehicles, terrain, transfer application. She has proved herself a peerless old bird time and again. It was earlier this year I noticed the quality of this particular brush, and it was around that time that I named her "Warhorse" and she became my go-to brush for pretty much everything.

Earlier this summer, I called upon her once again, and she answered my call, bringing victory, praise and glory to the Raven Guard chapter, and helping me complete an ambitious pledge. Simply put, I could not have done it without her.

Today, though, I heard her cry for the first time. I was trying do some soft highlights, and her bristles have just gone through too many washes; they are brittled, and I could see cracking a bit when I tried to get some drybrushing in. Brothers...hearken unto me, for she has earned her retirement and her place in the rolls of honor. I am letting her go; for she has seen enough of war. She's not going in the trash, though. She will find a place of honor on my finished miniature display mantle.

Brothers, please, a round of applause for Warhorse:

gallery_95196_13406_263344.jpg

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Hey, hey, hey!!!!!  She's not dead.  She's retired.

So... she's glue? :O

Far you well in your retirement, Warhorse. And don't let Parabellum turn you into glue. :devil:

Glue makes sense. I have nothing but respect for a hobbyist who uses the whole buffalo.

(I think my metaphors may have gotten mixed.)