Eldars of Songs and Dreams (pic heavy)

nusphigor

Hello guys!

Welcome to my Eldar blog.

Here I will upload pics of this army as I collect and paint them.

A long time ago, in the bygone era of 4th edition, I knew of this wonderful hobby and I had to make a really hard choice: Which army do I want to play?

First I looked at the Imperial Guard, then the Dark Eldar (because Cruellagh The Vile rules), and all of the other armies. In the end I went with Chaos Marines but I always had a soft spot for Eldars.

I really liked the War Walkers and the Dire Avengers but for many reasons I didn't collect said army.

But recently I made a trade and got many of the models I like and decided it was time for Eldars.

My army's background started with an idea of a place in which all of the eldar race could reunite and party. They were merchants of the refined pleasure of music and dreams.

Sure, some of these eldars without self control went deeper into the pleasures but they were kicked out of the craftworld because the seers knew that way led to a dark place, so they remained restrained in their tastes even before Slaanesh happened.

Since I always envisioned the Eldars as a mixture of The Sandman, Elric of Melniboné and Glam Rock music, I will try to model or at least paint my minis with said qualities.

I haven´t got so far on my minis since I've had them for like a day but here are some pics of them alongside some bit of fluff for each of them. (Please excuse the WIP pics. I have only managed to basecoat them and shade the turquoise)

22310656_10155098868749150_9010340931137

22519263_10155098868814150_9766879095057

Autarch Caliostro

He is the Leader of the Defenders of Noctian. He has walked the paths of sound and dreams for millenia as well as the path of the Autarch after the birth of She who thirsts.

He prefers to don his ancient weapons in battle; The Shards of Acustes (Fusion Gun), The Spear of Grieff (power weapon) and the Helmet of The Scorpions (Mandiblasters)

22448215_10155098867689150_7934440562147

22490088_10155098868414150_6091217530170

Farseer Onirös

He is the High Seer of the Craftworld and the guide in the path of dreams, jobs he has done since before the fall.

He dons the Helm of Noctis in battle and his Singing Spear Amapollie

22046402_10155063070759150_2998057887614

The Trinity (War Walker Squad)

Composed by the Walkers Assaï, Brëit and Dëciso.

They are the seninels of the College of Onirös and some of the most ardent defenders of the Craftworld.

22008351_10155063073264150_4903751208188

Squad Dolorosso (Dire Avengers)

This squad is tasked with the protection of the repositories of oniric paints of Autarch Calliostro, which depict the feelings and motivations of many Eldars.
They were more, but after an incursion by slaaneshi reavers in the repositories they have been at half strenght.

22050079_10155063073094150_1005799976808

Squad Fucuosso (Dire Avengers)

They defend the inner quaters of the Autarch Calliostro and are among his inner circle.

They are veterans of the Brutish Wars against a nomadic Mob of orkish raiders.

22008216_10155063072054150_6276214817436

The Brotherhood of the Lyre, Squad Gioioso (Corsair reavers)

22049817_10155063072079150_1923514873922

The Brotherhood of the Lyre, Squad Omaggio (Corsair Reavers)

The members of the Brotherhood of the Lyre mercenaries are Eldar exiles that originate from this Craftworld, and so they always keep comunicating with the leaders and are willing to lend their hands whenever needed.

The Corsair prince saw fit to leave two squads of his troops as permanent garrison on the Craftworld as a way to honour Farseer Onirös and pay him tribute for his lifetime work.

Well that is what I have so far.

Since the Corsairs were my old blood bowl team I decided to leave them as they were and just glue some rifles on them, so they are armed with a mixture of Shardcarabines and Shard cannons (even if some of them have shuriken carabines I wont use them as such.) The Felarch were modeled with swords but that will be just to mark them as the leaders until FW renews their corsair rules.

As for the future, I have planned to get a box of 5 dire avengers to complete squad Dollorosso and get a couple of Wave Serpents.

On a modelling sidenote, since I am going to paint them with Glam Rock themes like Zebra pattern clothes and bright colored hair to go with the turquoise, I was considering the idea of sculpting feather or fur on some collars of the minis. Would you like to see that? What are your thoughts on the Glam idea?

Thank you for reading!

Edited by nusphigor

Hi all!
Today I advanced a bit on one of the Dire Avengers Exarchs. It's still basecoats+shades but still you can see a bit the direction that I am going with these minis: Taste the rainbow!

22089500_10155065150049150_8584017205314

I will post as soon as I can get more done.

Cheers

EDIT:

I am going to leave it like this for today, I may continue tomorrow if nothing weird happens (like my orks attacking me because Orktober 1st)

22089514_10155065655634150_8936353432463

Cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out with the Dark brethren as they have their own subforum. But outside of that, those Craftworld Eldar look awesome. I am not sure where you are going with your background but something that came across was the the cracked stones on the war walkers could be cracked wraith bone. 

Thanks mate!

They are a couple of corsair squads that I will be using alongside the craftworld units. I used drukhari minis but I've been modifying them with greenstuff since I last took that picture.

As for the background, well they are part of the Biel-tanni but because some radical witch decided to split the craftworld in half just to get her plans and support the mon keigh, denying a future for the Aeldari empire at the same time, they are kinda on their own now. That's why I chose to ally them with corsairs.

The wraithbone structures on the floor are part of the bases but what kind of terrain would you suggest for them?

If your models are not glued to their bases yet,  you can put a a sheet of green stuff on the base and add the cracks and add the wraith bone designs (mimic the ones on the war walker bases). If they are glued, you can take little bits of slate to glue onto the base and then paint them up like the wraithbone.