Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

I honestly think alpharius and omegon are dead. However I also believe in the three headed Hydra theory. Everything Alpha Legion does is calculated and precise. Like Perturabo every design and small detail has a purpose. Why a 3 headed Hydra? It has little meaning and would be much more representative if it was 2 headed, but with three heads it takes a whole new meaning.

The only thing that makes me think is Occam says he is the second son. This could mean the second legion primarch. Or the 2nd of the triplets. Alpha the first and beginning. Omega the last and the end. 2nd son could mean he is between these 2.

In response

Hidden Content

The guy on the throne might be a proxy, in case of assassination, while the real Hydra Dominatus is in the shadows observing all interactions

I would assume neutral, having picked neither side in the end and have tried to keep the status quo, by stopping whomever will upset the apple-cart, be it Imperium or Chaos. 

Do we think that a Alpha Legion Primarch could be coming back with bringing some their legion with them, to return back to the Imperium? There is an a bit in the new AL novel The Sons of the Hydra - read at your own risk!

The Lord Dominatus approached slowly. He leant in to share a private confidence with Occam but the intensity of his presence made the strike master

take a step back.

‘I have lived long,’ the Lord Dominatus told him, ‘and I have heard many such stories in my time. I wish I was the one you speak of. For the good of the Emperor, his Legion and his people. But I am not.’

You are the second son,’ Occam insisted. ‘You have to be. You are the Omega, and we the Alpha. The end and a new beginning. You can take us out of the shadows and into the light of the Emperor’s mercy. You hide here in the dead heart of an empire that wants to live. We can watch it fall to the fires of oblivion or wither and rot on the vine, but if we act – together, as one Legion – we can save it. Through us it can bloom again and usher in a second Golden Age.’

‘What you talk of cannot be done,’ the Lord Dominatus said savagely.

‘What is the alternative?’ Occam demanded. ‘Here you sit on your hollow throne, gathering idle sons and launching proxy wars through those who actually dare to believe in you. Make the Legion your own once more. Drag it back out from the darkness and give those who have lost their way direction. Unite us.

Lead us, lord primarch.’

‘He’s right,’ a voice proceeded from the shadows. ‘What you speak of cannot

be done. At least, not by the Lord Dominatus…

My questions I have in relation to the spoilers:

Is three headed hydra theory real? Meaning, there wasn't two but actually three Primarchs.

Although some of the AL have sworn to Chaos, what about the Alpha Legion who haven't? Are they still secretly sided with the Imperium?

I would say judging from the Horus Heresy series and specifically ‘Praetorian of Dorn’ categorically no. Also having read the Sons of Hydra, the spoiler part quoted, it does leave you aghast .. but not for the reason I hoped.

I would imagine over 10,000 years they dont even know themselves but with the Alpha Legion who knows!!

Valrak got some PM's apparently saying Fulgrim is next. Salt obviously, but if that means Emperor's Children get the Thousand Sons/Death Guard treatment I'd be so happy (bring back Marines with guitars!)

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/01/40k-rumors-about-that-next-primarch.html

But some industry professionals tell BoLS the following:

• Fulgrim’s miniature is done.
  • It will accompanied by a large range of his …children (you know the ones)
  • Timeline is unknown, but it will make a Mortarion-like splash when it all arrives.

1200px-Wolfandsister1.jpg

Sorry for double-post, but it is in response to Sons of the Hydra.

I don't think it confirms the 3-headed Hydra theory, though it does add evidence to Omegon surviving Eskandor. I could easily see Omegon mind-switching with a lackey again, having his physical form killed so he can pretend to be a normal legionary all the time.

I wonder if Emperors Children will be 1kSons or DG sized. I am really enjoying DG sized models and I think it offers sculptors more opportunity to do things as they can do "smaller" details because the models are larger. So things like boils are actually modeled on the new size, where on the old size they would have been too small to be done correctly.

I wonder if Emperors Children will be 1kSons or DG sized. I am really enjoying DG sized models and I think it offers sculptors more opportunity to do things as they can do "smaller" details because the models are larger. So things like boils are actually modeled on the new size, where on the old size they would have been too small to be done correctly.

I expect emperors children to all be Fabius Primaris marines honestly.

Fulgrim is/was heavily hinted at being next (deamon wise), by various rumors, saying fall of 2018 is for slaanesh revamp.

I'm very curious to see if GW will do a 1 for 1 primarch returning, wise.

1 for chaos, 1 for loyalists, 1 for traitors, 1 for imperium.

or if they just wing it and not be predictable, 2 chaos deamon primarchs in a row!!!

DG are huge, but I understand why... they're supposed to be bloated from all that Nurgly chaos.

I'd like to see EC in both TS and Primaris size, the smaller being their normal troops while they have their own larger Fabius-ified marines that are elite. That's mostly because EC terminators don't seem right in my head.

Idk being bloated doesn't make you taller. Yeah wider around and such but not taller. Also they are about right size according to recent lore. IG and poxwalkers are the same size as normal Marines which the SM are supposed to be a good head, head and a half taller than human.

Give us that wonderful EC goodness. The EC had the best swordsmen in all the Legions and yet have not one melee unit to call their own. I want to see 40k versions of Palatine Blades and Phoenix Guard termies. There needs to be models to use the actual EC legion rule of always fighting first. Sadly right now the only thing you can use for that for dedicated melee is Possessed.

I would love to see modern GWs take on the Emperors Children but......BOLS. So I’m gonna keep salting.

The part about “timeline unknown” is particularly cheeky in my opinion. I doubt there are too many people who don’t believe that GW will do EC eventually, it doesn’t take “industry insiders” to put that together and “timeline unknown” means that they can claim they were right no matter when it comes out.

But let’s assume BOLS is correct. Just for shiggles. Are we thinking four armed, winged serpent demigod of excess like the classic epic model? I really hope so, but I’m open to change. I don’t mind how many arms he’s got.

If I remember Dark Imperium the novel correctly Fulgrim the DP is consistent with Epic and the HH version of him. Serpent body, four arms, fangs dribbling poison, can't remember if he had wings or not in the novel. I would kill for EC getting the DG treatment. It is just sad to have a great legion trait like always fight first...and have no models that can actually take advantage of it sans possessed.

As a former Blood Angels and current BA Successor player, I for one would prefer Sanguinius to remain "deceased"; it adds to the mystique of the various related Chapters, but also to the Sanguinor, since nobody knows who or what the Sanguinor is. It's also nice having a Primarch that was noble and selfless enough to sacrifice Himself for the good of the Emperor and Mankind. As has been stated earlier in the thread, I feel it would cheapen the lore of the Chapters overall and remove much of the meaning behind them.

Beyond that, I don't really have an opinion. It's cool to see Fulgrim; I think Horus should also remain gone. Maybe for the next loyalist, I'd prefer the Lion; while some may disagree for mayn of the same reasons I stated above for Sanguinius, I also think it would be cool to see him return and see what has happened to his Legion, and how they in turn would react to his return; plus it wouldn't really break the lore much, if at all.

The main problem with bringing back dead Primarchs or switching their allegiance is that the lopsided ratio gets worse:

Chaos:

1. Mortarion

2. Magnus

3. Angron

4. Fulgrim

5. Lorgar

6. Perturabo

7. Alpharius / Omegon (honestly doubting whether we will see either of them considering the mess that is Alpha Legion fluff)

Imperium:

1. Guilliman

2. The Lion

3. Vulkan

4. Jaghatai

5. Corax

6. Russ

7. Dorn

Dead:

1. Horus - Chaos

2. Sanguinius - Imperium

3. Curze - Chaos

4. Ferrus - Imperium

The original rumor that caused the whole switch sides said one would turn away from the emperor's light and one would come back.

There is a few primarchs that could turn away. Though I think only alpha legion primarch could come back. Maybe lorgar but that is a stretch. Magnus, Mortarion, Angron are 100% chaos though.

The whole 'Primarch switching sides' rumour was complete nonsense, and ended up predictably being vastly blown out of proportion. It's not going to happen. Let's not go through that again.

Anyway, other than BoLS and a random's YouTube channel, I don't want to get my hopes up for EC as I expected Angron and his Eaters of Worlds to be next, but I really look forward to seeing what GW do for them either way, whenever it eventuates. Fingers crossed for a comprehensive revamp with the ability to put sonic weapons on everything, e.g. 3.5 CSM. GW did a brilliant job on DG and I know they'd knock it out of the park with the Third Legion.  An absolute dream would be Eidolon returning to 40k, but I don't expect that to happen, which is a pity because I don't like Lucius.

Magnus and Mortarion maybe could have come back, since neither of them were 100% willing to embrace Chaos. But that's not going to happen now that they've already been released as Chaos.

And they said "May not come back on the same side." That doesn't automatically mean a loyal Primarch will turn to Chaos. It could just as easily mean one of them is disgusted with what the Imperium has become and goes renegade, while still being loyal to the Emperor. Keep in mind that loyalty to one does not automatically mean loyalty to the other.

I could see Corax going that way if he concludes that the Imperium has become exactly what he fought against in his formative years. Hell, maybe that conversation with the Emperor we still know nothing about consisted of him specifically ordering Corax to fix things by any means necessary in the event of the Imperium becoming a totalitarian theocracy.

I could see Corax going that way if he concludes that the Imperium has become exactly what he fought against in his formative years. Hell, maybe that conversation with the Emperor we still know nothing about consisted of him specifically ordering Corax to fix things by any means necessary in the event of the Imperium becoming a totalitarian theocracy.

I could totally see Corax make a come back in the new T'au 'dex... :yucky:

The whole 'Primarch switching sides' rumour was complete nonsense, and ended up predictably being vastly blown out of proportion. It's not going to happen. Let's not go through that again.

Anyway, other than BoLS and a random's YouTube channel, I don't want to get my hopes up for EC as I expected Angron and his Eaters of Worlds to be next, but I really look forward to seeing what GW do for them either way, whenever it eventuates. Fingers crossed for a comprehensive revamp with the ability to put sonic weapons on everything, e.g. 3.5 CSM. GW did a brilliant job on DG and I know they'd knock it out of the park with the Third Legion.  An absolute dream would be Eidolon returning to 40k, but I don't expect that to happen, which is a pity because I don't like Lucius.

I too would like to see 40k Eidolon, but more likely they would just remodel both Lucius and Fabius.

From memory, the original rumour didn’t even say switch sides, it was lead different faction. As you say, the switch sides thing was rampant speculation.

I agree that none of them will switch sides, but I can definitely buy leading a different faction. Best examples were Dorn leading Custodes (maybe tying into the Custodes HQ and “lots of gold” tease) or Ferrus leading Mechanicum (obviously overlooking the “he’s dead” bit).

Anyone think that the HUGE news from GW tomorrow (here for thread - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/343053-huge-40k-reveal-tomorrow/?do=findComment&comment=4975052 ) could be Alpharius/Omegon?

Archived