Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

If GW says “whole lot of gold”, I’m going to assume Stormcast until I see pictures that prove otherwise.

Unreliable I know, but from a sales staff who pointed at his personal saved Talon boxe with a grin... talons/custodes have something coming, but what, I have no idea, the skeptic in me expects primaris-stodes or something derivative, I slightly expect plastic Aquilons even though it's a new set

well, I was God damn on the money!

My skepticism about a Custodes Dorn aside (not as bad as Ishagu's gun-hand Dorn admittedly), I don't think so, simply because we know FW's Dorn is long done and ready for release - possibly today or more likely at the HH Weekender in super early February, which would interfere with the WD window for the 'mega gold' issue. Given the lengths they went to in order to avoid having two Primarchs revealed at the same time with the Magnus/40k Guilliman leak at the last HH Weekender - and that was just a reveal, not even a release - I don't think we're going to see two Dorns in the same month.

As it is, you'll likely have the new Stormcast hero in that issue, along with however many kits the Custodes get, their codex, a 30k Dorn preview (presumably) and a 30k Valdor preview (presumably).

Let's say Dorn does come back, as Custodes Dorn or other way. What would that mean for RG? Wasnt Dorn named Regent of the Imperium or something as he placed the Emperor upon the throne? So does he trump RG as original defacto Emperor or would RG maintain his current title?

Between all the remaining alive or might be alive, Dorn and RG would be the only ones capable of really attempting to rule, unless major character rewrites are made.

@Marshall Loss - Oh, don’t get me wrong, I do not wan’t Dorn to come back. Dead Primarchs should stay dead. You bring up an excellent point with FW too, bringing two versions out at the same time it bat-crap crazy. I forgot he was so close to release, at least according to (pretty reliable) rumour.

Looks like you’re right anyway, they would have previewed him with the Custodes today, right!?

• 1 month later...

Here's a cool way for sanguinius can return:

We all know about the black rage. When warriors fall prey to it they believe they are sanguinius already. What if the Sanguinor fell to the black rage, gets infused with sanguinius' highly psychic spirit from the warp and regains control and consciousness, remaking his body. Basicly the sanguinor possessed by the soul of sanguinius and remade by the warp/the emperor. We already accept that warp energy can remake physical forms anyway

We already accept that the Emperor can bring people back to life. So can Chaos. And Dark Eldar. And regular Eldar too, now that Ynnead is around.

As long as Roboute remains the only loyalist Primarch alive, he disrupts the narrative balance BECAUSE he is the only one.

Roboute works in 30k because he is A) Flawed B) Makes mistakes C) Has peers.

When he is a god striding amongst mortals, he becomes annoying.

Well, there's nothing about Guilliman not being able to make mistakes or having flaws, he just hasn't screwed up yet. We know he's made plenty of powerful enemies in his reshuffling of the High Lords, due to his flaw of not exactly being the best people person. Sure, he's great at organising, but he's not exactly the best at convincing people of things. He tends to just sweep people up as he goes, and leaves plenty of people broken in his wake, or left behind. His method is "right, so this is how things are going to go, for I am Primarch Guilliman, and therefore smart". He doesn't exactly win over his detractors, he just steamrolls over them, and either replaces them, like the High Lords, or swoops in to save them with his reformations (Dorn, the Primaris Marines, etc).

He might be on a roll now, because he's still riding high on being a mythological figure returned to life, but sooner or later something is going to turn for him. He's going to push the Mechanicus too far, assuming they'll go along because he's Guilliman and therefore right, or something will happen with the Primaris leading to rejections occurring, or his political enemies will strike. After all, this is 40k, and as the saying goes "if you think this ends well, you haven't been paying attention".

Yep, Russ is next as they are the only chapter more favored by the studio than the UM. Though I dont think they will get him in their codex unless they are dead last and released for the summer campaign that's supposedly happening.

The only real question is who will be the 4th Primarch to mirror the traitors? A buffed up Sanguinor could fill in the spot be the not-Primarch, my personal hope is Dorn in a unique dreadnought.

It seems more appropriate that it would be the Iron Hands getting their dead primarch installed in a knight, rather than Dorn (I'm sure they can retcon it to work).

I for one would bring in one, and only one of the lost legions to shake things up. But that's just me.

Yep, Russ is next as they are the only chapter more favored by the studio than the UM. Though I dont think they will get him in their codex unless they are dead last and released for the summer campaign that's supposedly happening.

The only real question is who will be the 4th Primarch to mirror the traitors? A buffed up Sanguinor could fill in the spot be the not-Primarch, my personal hope is Dorn in a unique dreadnought.

The studio may favour SW above Ultras, but that is because the SW are by far the most favoured faction by the fan base at large.

Please, never mistake the studios UltraLove for their thinking that UM are in any way more popular than SW.

Russ would be the most convenient return at the moment because he wouldn't pursue command of the Imperium, and I still think the late release of the SW codex favours the idea he'll be next.

Alternatively the next Primarch might return as part of a campaign book series, in which case I think I'd prefer the Lion because it could make for the more interesting story and disagreement between the two brothers.

As for Primarchs leading different factions, certainly not impossible. Dorn could be leading the Black Templars, The Lion might be in league with the loyalist elements of Fallen, etc.

Russ would be the most convenient return at the moment

I agree, but I really would prefer someone interesting than someone convenient. That’s if it’s a Loyalist. My bet’s still on Angron.

GWs proven track record of Khorne favouritism. That’s really it. If in doubt - release Khorne!

Seems to make the most sense business-wise. Angron will just sell better than most.

Little things like Wolves, Orks and Armageddon being thrown around in the rumour-mill also make me lean that way. There’s been a renewed Daemon invasion so there is a reasonable fluff justification too.

Was Njal's prediction in Thirteenth Wolf?

Ashes of Prospero.

Russ would be the most convenient return at the moment

I agree, but I really would prefer someone interesting than someone convenient. That’s if it’s a Loyalist. My bet’s still on Angron.

Are we sure Russ would just accept RG? He hated Secundus and he dislikes RG leadership style. RG didn't give up leadership because he thought Sanguinius was better, he gave it up because he knew noone would want him to lead. I can see any primarch having problems with RG going around trying to make everything like macragge and the UM's. We see it with the players already saying X chapter is just UM's in X color, and fans of that chapter getting upset.

It could be a double release of the Wolf & the Lion. But I'm hoping for Vulkan honestly. Roboute is going to need back-up in a very firm fashion and Vulkan can easily fill that role. Plus I think Vulkan would lean more toward Roboute now that Roboute realizes that he may have been mistaken by breaking the legions apart. 

It could be a double release of the Wolf & the Lion. But I'm hoping for Vulkan honestly. Roboute is going to need back-up in a very firm fashion and Vulkan can easily fill that role. Plus I think Vulkan would lean more toward Roboute now that Roboute realizes that he may have been mistaken by breaking the legions apart. 

Would be awesome and unexpected.

The Lion and Wolf Double pack.

Guilliman didn't give leadership to Sanguinius because no one wanted him to lead. That's a ridiculous statement.

He literally did it so he didn't fuel opposition voices who would compare him to a power mad Hours.

I don't think a Russ and Lion double pack makes commercial sense.

These two are very popular primarchs of very popular legions. I think they will be held in reserve until anticipation has maxed or to combat a serious sales slump

Archived