Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

I don't think a Russ and Lion double pack makes commercial sense.

These two are very popular primarchs of very popular legions. I think they will be held in reserve until anticipation has maxed or to combat a serious sales slump

Perhaps.. .but it would be awesome if they appeared out of the warp fighting side by side against the tide of Chaos. Old enmity put aside perhaps. Or something akin to the legolas v Gimli kill count at helm's deep in the LOTR movie. 

Guilliman didn't give leadership to Sanguinius because no one wanted him to lead. That's a ridiculous statement.

He literally did it so he didn't fuel opposition voices who would compare him to a power mad Hours.

And very clearly struggled to be a follower and not a leader.

Which might be the reason why he went further than pre-chaos Horus ever did when he got back up.

Guilliman didn't give leadership to Sanguinius because no one wanted him to lead. That's a ridiculous statement.

He literally did it so he didn't fuel opposition voices who would compare him to a power mad Hours.

Besides missing the point that I asked for a reason why Russ would just let RG lead and be fine with it...

Name one loyalist who voted for RG. The primarchs didn't want RG to to lead for various reasons whether that was distrust, disliking his personality, or disliking his leadership, etc. Not saying that there is a better primarch now. I don't think any primarch could declare themselves better than all others at this point. It would have to be a council with equal rights.

At this point we have hits of 4 loyal primarchs. Corax, Khan, Lion and Russ. Of those I know 3 of them would disagree with RG leadin,g if they had their 30k thinking left.

Besides missing the point that I asked for a reason why Russ would just let RG lead and be fine with it...

Name one loyalist who voted for RG. The primarchs didn't want RG to to lead for various reasons whether that was distrust, disliking his personality, or disliking his leadership, etc. Not saying that there is a better primarch now. I don't think any primarch could declare themselves better than all others at this point. It would have to be a council with equal rights.

At this point we have hits of 4 loyal primarchs. Corax, Khan, Lion and Russ. Of those I know 3 of them would disagree with RG leadin,g if they had their 30k thinking left.

You mean aside from the fact that he led the Imperium throughout the Scouring until he was wounded and this was accepted by the remaining Primarchs, they might have grumbled but they accepted it.

Yes that includes the Lion, yes it includes Russ and Dorn, etc

Rik

You mean aside from the fact that he led the Imperium throughout the Scouring until he was wounded and this was accepted by the remaining Primarchs, they might have grumbled but they accepted it.

Rik

You mean that time they almost came to an all out war because he decided to force the codex on them? That acceptance?

And those were measures that were meant to prevent what Roboute is doing right now.

Unless the characterisation of Primarchs is massively changed, the Lion might actually try and kill him. Empty platitudes are unlikely to work on another Primarch.

To be fair RG didn't realize how bad it was going to be. Once he returned he even doubted himself if the codex was a good idea and decided to rewrite it. When he left the Marines had much less degradation in almost every aspect from geneseed to equipment.

He even allowed the DA to keep their organizational style, though I don't know about anyone else.

Rik

You mean that time they almost came to an all out war because he decided to force the codex on them? That acceptance?

And those were measures that were meant to prevent what Roboute is doing right now.

Unless the characterisation of Primarchs is massively changed, the Lion might actually try and kill him. Empty platitudes are unlikely to work on another Primarch.

Yes, precisely that time, where afterwards they sucked it up and got on with it for the next few hundred years, noticeably without going to war with each other.

Rik

Rik

Yes, precisely that time, where afterwards they sucked it up and got on with it for the next few hundred years, noticeably without going to war with each other.

Rik

And now you are going to quote a source for that, because according to HH and Index Astartes, most of them didn't remain within Imperium for the a single century after the Heresy, much less multiple.

And the Lion, who, by a characterisation that leaves nothing to doubt, would not like Guilliman playing the role of Imperial Regent, is taken out of action immediately after Heresy.

Also, Roboute post-heresy is a much different beast of Roboute of today.

Having the Custodes with him and the Emperor's sword, I don't see why any returning Primarch would decide to attack Guilliman. It's more likely they'd discuss (or argue) the matter with RG & the Custodes, then head to Terra to see the Emperor about it.

Given that Russ isn't mentioned in that vision from the book, and Wolves are due out much later than the rest of the regular marine codexes, I'm 90% sure I'd bet on Russ coming back this year.

Khan and Corax both sided with Guilliman and his sweeping changes post Heresy, with Dorn siding after initially being grief stricken. The Lion was never around post Heresy so that leaves just Vulkan and Russ who may have disputed Guilliman's reforms.

Of the last 2 we know Vulkan allowed his Salamanders to broadly adopt the Codex also.

So how contentious people really think it is to have Guilliman trying to overcome things as Imperial Commander again is probably wishful thinking.

Russ is likely going to be very Wulfen so he will almost 've renegade to mainstream Imperial politics whilst the Lion does his own thing yet is unlikely to lead a rebellion since Imperial institutions don't have much interaction with the Dark Angels as it is.

The last two can both exist within the Dark Imperium setting easily enough by being separate to Guilliman and no stepping on toes in a literary sense. The others are far too similar in Guilliman in setting and don't add to the story as much as the Wolf and Lion.

I doubt Russ is Wulfen. From all the people who asked devs, writers, and people at open days it's always been a no. I really like to know why people think Russ is a Wulfen. The Wulfen we see coming from the warp are from the 13th company. The 13th were known to have a huge Wulfen problem even before the Heresy, which they kept hidden from even Russ. Additionally the 13th never went with Russ, Russ left with only his bodyguard. Russ's geneseed was used to stabilize the space wolves. Additionally Russ never drank from the cup of Wulfen given to Russ from the Emperor containing the Canis Helix. This may be the reason why Terran SW's never had the Wulfen issue.

It's just a bunch but GW would want to do something special and different with models I believe. The more a Space Wolf is exposed to Chaos the more the Wulfen gene reacts to it and the more Wulfen they become.

It's not a far stretch for Russ to end up super bestial after being in the Eye for 10,000 years.

He did give up his armour after all...

It's just a bunch but GW would want to do something special and different with models I believe. The more a Space Wolf is exposed to Chaos the more the Wulfen gene reacts to it and the more Wulfen they become.

It's not a far stretch for Russ to end up super bestial after being in the Eye for 10,000 years.

He did give up his armour after all...

Armor that somehow fits on a normal marine...

From a business perspective, I don't see why GW would release any loyalist fan-favourite primarchs so soon

From a business perspective, I don't see why GW would release any loyalist fan-favourite primarchs so soon

There’s no reason. This thread is chock-full of assumption and speculation at this point. It’s been a while since we’ve had any kind of rumour.

Generally been a fun discussion though.

Why? Hype is a limited resource. You want to keep it going.

We have eighteen Primarchs. Releasing one every six months or so would set GW for the next eight years from now. If I were GW I would release them steadily over the course of nine years, then at the year ten I would involve the gods directly, and I would keep at it until the sales would drop and when they would be at unacceptable level, and then apocalips and reset, just like AoS. 

Here's my take, and take all this as assuming itm

SM, BA, DA, GK all have codex's. Only one loyal primarch, UMs. If they released someone like Dorn, he would fundamentally change the chapter. That may mean Codex/Supplement: Imperial Fists. I imagine there is a cool down between when a chapter gets a codex and a supplement or codex from their last codex/supplement.

Now AoS had a huge release with their snake elves, which took palace after 40k big DG release. They are probably leap frogging big releases so next should be 40k. It might be the Mechanicum vs nerdcrons, but that just doesn't seem big enough. The next codex is SW's which is a late release compared to the rest of the SM's. So logically next big release is SWs, now that may not mean Russ it could be the 13th Company. It's been awhile since the last primarch though so... Russ?

The next loyalist Primarch will have sufficient time between their last codex and the next Loyalist primarch release that a book would be fine to release with the primarch, and not feeling like milking fans.

Here's my take, and take all this as assuming itm

SM, BA, DA, GK all have codex's. Only one loyal primarch, UMs. If they released someone like Dorn, he would fundamentally change the chapter. That may mean Codex/Supplement: Imperial Fists. I imagine there is a cool down between when a chapter gets a codex and a supplement or codex from their last codex/supplement.

Now AoS had a huge release with their snake elves, which took palace after 40k big DG release. They are probably leap frogging big releases so next should be 40k. It might be the Mechanicum vs nerdcrons, but that just doesn't seem big enough. The next codex is SW's which is a late release compared to the rest of the SM's. So logically next big release is SWs, now that may not mean Russ it could be the 13th Company. It's been awhile since the last primarch though so... Russ?

The next loyalist Primarch will have sufficient time between their last codex and the next Loyalist primarch release that a book would be fine to release with the primarch, and not feeling like milking fans.

I'm in agreement, I'm trying not to get my hopes up however.

I have a feeling Russ is next, even though I would like him to be the last to arrive

Archived