Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

There is literally a woman in 40k who brings people back to life.

If she can resurrect a Rubric marine who is nothing but magic dust, I'm sure Sangunius, Emps, etc are easily resurrected also.

Of course we don't want her to be over-used, but I'm wondering when Yvraine will return to the Meta Story... I imagine when Slaanesh and Fulgrim are starting to make more rumblings.

* yawns

It’d be funny if they bring back Corax and Vulcan.

I don’t like any Loyalist Primarch in 40K but those would be the two I’d find most interesting. And the Khan. Smaller players, for lack of a better term, would be much better than more of the “usual” Primarchs.

Exactly... look at the endless drivel here in regards to Russ... either of those are far more interesting IMO.

* yawns

It’d be funny if they bring back Corax and Vulcan.

I don’t like any Loyalist Primarch in 40K but those would be the two I’d find most interesting. And the Khan. Smaller players, for lack of a better term, would be much better than more of the “usual” Primarchs.

Exactly... look at the endless drivel here in regards to Russ... either of those are far more interesting IMO.

We talk about Russ because he is rumoured to be the next primarch. I know you don't like SWs but that is the suspected next primarch. This isn't "what Primarch do you want next" it's "what Primarch is next".

Your endless little insults toward others opinions do make you unpleasant to be around though. At least try to be courteous toward other ls opinions.

I like SW and have played them on and off through various editions. I do not like Russ one bit at all though largely due to how he has always been depicted. He has his fanbois which is also annoying at times. And it is still just a rumor at the end of the day... so basically wishlisting fulfillment .

as a side thing, in reaserching more odd thor lore.

Thor once dressed up as a woman to retrieve his stolen Mijnooir.

and it reminded me of an odd story in 40k.

That of the only being in 40k to have ever made it through tzeentch's maze.

A little girl and her dog.

way off topic:

It made me think that possible russ found a way to disguise himself as a littlegirl along with his wolf, enther tzeentch's library and find out where Isha is.

They did find Russ' armour too...

Goddamnit, now I've got a mental image of Russ sneaking into Tzeentch's Labyrinth while wearing a dress, and still with a massive beard, because Tzeentch doesn't comprehend that little girls shouldn't have them.

Let's make it canon, after dressing up as a girl and sporting a massive blonde beard, Russ stole one of the heads from that bird daemon taking a bath in the waters of knowledge and is now using it against chaos. Can I get ADB to approve and refine this?

Thing is with Russ armor is somehow a SM wears it. Russ armor would be twice as big as the SM. It's the whole "did primarchs really wear this gear, or do the SM have so many daddy issues they believe anything shiny belonged to pops".

Fancy gear used by the Primarchs is the "George Washington Slept Here" of the 41st Millennium. Every really old piece of gear was obviously used by the Primarch at one time or another. You can almost see the leap in logic though.

Assumption: "This helmet is the oldest helmet in the chapter armoury, dating back to the days of the Great Crusade. It alone has survived over 10,000 years, and has seen countless battles protecting the Chapter's finest warriors. Surely, such a magnificent helm must have been worn/made/discovered by the Primarch himself!"

Reality: This is a very old helmet, but its particular modified MkVII design places it as dating from the 32nd millennium at the earliest. It is a splendid example of a helmet, worthy of preservation and utilization by the Chapter's heroes, but it could not in fact have belonged to the Primarch. Incidentally, it is considered lucky because if you look at this ceramite repair over here on the inside left of the helmet, you can see where a clumsy tech adapt accidentally activated and covered the blue toggle switch with a bonding stud. The helmet is accidentally set to be permanently in auto targeting combat mode, meaning the chance of its wearer missing an attack in close combat is 17% less likely than in the armour's usual default setting; a fact completely unknown to the tech adepts of the Imperium.

Azrael: My Lord Primarch you have returned! All shall quake at the news!

Lion: Yes my son. Now, fetch my armor so I can re-iginite the Great Crusade.

A: Yes, m'lord, my apologies. *takes off helmet and hands it to the Lion*

L: No I want MY armor.

A: You don't recognize the Lion Helm m'lord?

L: This can't fit on my head. You are a moron.

If she can resurrect a Rubric marine who is nothing but magic dust, I'm sure Sangunius, Emps, etc are easily resurrected also.

Of course we don't want her to be over-used, but I'm wondering when Yvraine will return to the Meta Story... I imagine when Slaanesh and Fulgrim are starting to make more rumblings.

woah, what?  she brought back a Rubric marine?

woah, what? she brought back a Rubric marine?

Yeah, she was ambushed by Ahriman and some Rubrics, and she used her power to resurrect some of them.

""Yvraine looks down through the wall of the webway instead and sees Ahriman. A sudden flash of insight strikes her and she shouts out, “Ahriman! I have the power you seek! I can restore your brothers!”.

“Why should I believe you?” he replies. Yvraine reaches out with her power, and focuses on the Rubric Marines that accompany Ahriman and ‘reverses the cycle of their existence’. The marines of the XVth Legion suddenly stagger backwards, before rallying around Ahriman with the discipline of the Legiones Astartes. “Ahzek, is that you brother?” they call out, “What in the name of Magnus is going on? Why are we fighting Eldar?” Ahriman is stunned, shaking uncontrollably with emotion. He reaches out and pulls the Eldar Triumvirate back into the Webway. “Now!” Yvraine signals to her companions, as a Wraithknight smashes a hole in the webway and the Yncarne sucks all the newly resurrected Legionaries out into the void. Ahriman screams in denial, chasing off after them on his disc.""

We talk about Russ because he is rumoured to be the next primarch. I know you don't like SWs but that is the suspected next primarch. This isn't "what Primarch do you want next" it's "what Primarch is next".

To be fair, we also have rumours saying the Lion is next. Or Fulgrim. Or World Eaters, which would be shocking if it didn’t include Angron. And they’re all equally likely to prove true. Or false. Discussion about any one Primarch is no more valid than any other.

And most of these rumours probably start as “what Primarch do you want” conversations anyway.

I agree that Russ seems the most likely Loyalist with the Space Wolves codex still unreleased. Even though he’s most likely, I still don’t truly belive it will happen any time soon.

Wow, raising the dead in a single paragraph. You'd think that something like that would require more gravitas in the writing. If it's that easy maybe she could bring all the Primarchs back, including the forgotten ones lol.

Wow, raising the dead in a single paragraph. You'd think that something like that would require more gravitas in the writing. If it's that easy maybe she could bring all the Primarchs back, including the forgotten ones lol.

Lol for her apparently it is. I imagine a more powerful being and soul requires more work, though.

To be fair, we also have rumours saying the Lion is next. Or Fulgrim. Or World Eaters, which would be shocking if it didn’t include Angron. And they’re all equally likely to prove true. Or false. Discussion about any one Primarch is no more valid than any other.

And most of these rumours probably start as “what Primarch do you want” conversations anyway.

I agree that Russ seems the most likely Loyalist with the Space Wolves codex still unreleased. Even though he’s most likely, I still don’t truly belive it will happen any time soon.

Talking about the last 2 big rumor releases have stated Russ is coming soon. The Lion rumors we're a couple months ago. The one rumor person which has been pretty accurate also has Russ as the next loyalist

Yeah seen those ones but I’m still not putting much faith in them. We also had a solid rumour saying there would be a Loyalist Primarch in March....

Since Warhammer community started, rumours have kinda gone bust, in my opinion.

Still fun to discuss though.

Lol for her apparently it is. I imagine a more powerful being and soul requires more work, though.

Also, in the case of the Rubrics, their soul and body are both still there (even if the body is now just dust). It's "just" a case of rebuilding the body, and putting the soul back. For things long-dead, usually that's when daemons have already eaten the soul. We know Erebus is capable of performing such feats, but so far, the resurrections being done by Yvraine haven't had to deal with that particular problem.

I've been thinking.

I Think Fulgrim is next with the Emperors children and slaanesh.

---

This puts Roboute into a situation that feels helpless, he is out numbered, 1v3, the deamon primarchs are all attacking different sectors straining Guillimans ability to coordinate effectively. Guiliman feels as though the imperium is about to collapse.

---------

tin foil hat.

Wolves arent in 2018.

WOlves are in 2019, spring.

It is a dual kit,

Odin russ

- Spear( Uses the spear the emperor gave him, (now russ has to stab the emperor with it, so the emperor remembers what and who he once was 10k years ago))

- Rune lord, he mastered the runes and can now use runic magics (magnus hinted that russ was much like himself, a psyker, he just rejected it subconsciously)

MOrkai the God wolf of fenris ( Freki and Greki spirits merged )

- A huge model, No; russ doesnt ride it.

- Its a MC, and has special abilities, can cast some spells, WOrld wolf howl, Jaws of fenris and gives Fenrisian wolves and thunder wolves a 6+ FNP. within 6".

I'm definitely thinking Fulgrim and Emperor's Children are right at the end of this year. I don't know why, just the odd hints stacking up onto each other for Fulgrim, and there hasn't been the same level of hinting for any other Primarch.

I'm definitely thinking Fulgrim and Emperor's Children are right at the end of this year. I don't know why, just the odd hints stacking up onto each other for Fulgrim, and there hasn't been the same level of hinting for any other Primarch.

What hints, I am genuinely curious.  I have been waiting on a proper revival of the Children for quite some time.  Alpha Legion Noise Marines can only go so far. :P

Id love odin-russ first for the imperium then i think lion would be the next.

I wouldnt have a problem with sang coming back...hes a space vampire. Theres loads of films where long dead vampires come back when they get sufficient blood. Given that the body of sanguiniusis described as being drained of blood but otherwise preserved it doesnt take a huge leap of creative writing to bring him back. In where angels fear to tread his psyche was separated from his body and existed in the warp before itwas brought back by a librarian breaking the edict of nikea...so surely something similar could be written for 40k if they want....and a sanguinius model would sell a shedload of models!

What hints, I am genuinely curious.  I have been waiting on a proper revival of the Children for quite some time.  Alpha Legion Noise Marines can only go so far. :tongue.:

Just the odd mentions of Fulgrim in new books. He's mentioned in Fracture of Biel-Tan as assaulting a world with his Astartes, and later on personally possesses someone to try and corrupt Guilliman.

Those books were a long time ago, but if they started designing a new Fulgrim then, he could be released the end of this year. And it matches the Thousand Sons, Death Guard pattern. Though World Eaters and Angron are still a big possibility, with Armageddon being crazy again.

• 5 months later...

Thesis: the Lion can't be the next loyal Primarch to return in 40K because, narratively speaking, it would be too much like the Imperium Secundus arc in the Horus Heresy, where he butted heads with Guilliman and the tension couldn't be resolved until a third Primarch arrived.

Instead, someone like Leman Russ or another brother less inclined to challenge Guilliman for authority has to be next, so that they can already be around to complicate the tension between the Lion and Guilliman when the former inevitably does wake up.

I think the Lion would be a good foil to Guilliman. I do agree with you that he would likely not be the next loyalist, the Imperium is the worst state its been in for thousands of years and is torn in half. If anyone is the 'relieve' Dante in the Imperium Nihlis it would have to be someone that is capable and willing towork with G-man. Russ would likely be more interested in retaking his role as executioner and probably not the best governor, unless he has really chilled out in the last 10k years or so.

Archived