Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

Interesting possibility if they do bring back 'codex' primarchs like The Khan or Corax, that they may get special units and seperate codices for their chapters as well.  Like the Deathguard and the Thousand Sons have models and separate rules from the csm codex.  That would be really really cool!

In an ideal world every subfaction would have their own special Codex and GW would be able to keep up with all of them and balance them properly. That's pretty unlikely unfortunately tho. :P

Not sure how much stock to put in it but White Dwarf had a little joke about Russ and waiting a while.

It reads:

“Simon’s also got a Primaris Battle Leader underway, which he says he’ll finish before Leman Russ returns to the galaxy. It might take a while....”

Wouldn’t hold my breath for Russ. Not that I think anyone really was.

That doesn't have to mean anything. ^^

No more or no less than the rest of the guesswork in the thread. Still felt it was worth sharing though.

twist, he's already done painting hte battleleader. and russ is right behind your door!

That doesn't have to mean anything. ^^

No more or no less than the rest of the guesswork in the thread. Still felt it was worth sharing though.

twist, he's already done painting hte battleleader. and russ is right behind your door!

Simon is on the SW facebook group and seems a top notch guy. I'm tempted to get on there and tell him to get painting!

Wouldn't it be interesting if it was Valdor who was to return instead of a Primarch?

Funny you say that! If Valdor returns it will be alongside Russ. Read 'Two metaphysical blades'!

And on who is next, there's no need to go all crazy, either the Lion or Russ since marketing and sales wise it's always been Ultramarines, space wolves, dark angels and blood angels the chapters with more differentiation and following. Why would GW take a risk.

If all is fine after those two are back, then they might bring back others.

“Two Metaphysical Blades” also speaks of Russ saying he will return. The ending basically sounds like something tells Valdor and Russ together to leave and venture out, even though Valdor says he had much he wanted to do with rebuilding the empire. Only one guy could be telling them what to do I think.

I think there will be 4 on each side eventually. The 4th loyalist being Dorn or the Khan

The problem with Dorn is that he doesn't really bring anything different to the table. How in game terms would he really separate himself from Guilliman? Oh boy a super duper gun line buffer dude! Oh he gets 6 extra dice against buildings! Wooohooo

The Khan would be the far more interesting choice. The problem is, I think the writing is on the wall that they are setting up for Sanguinius too be resurrected.

For GW it makes a lot of sense to give the main four codexes Primarchs. Giving DA and SW their primarch and the two for codex marines, while leaving out BA would not be a smart sales/ marketing strategy.

The Khan and Vulcan would be far more interesting and are already setup to return. But GW is going to make the sales choice: they will change what happens on the Vengeful Spirit at Terra through the BL novels and then resurrect the Sanguinius giving each major marine faction a Primarch.

I think there will be 4 on each side eventually. The 4th loyalist being Dorn or the Khan

The problem with Dorn is that he doesn't really bring anything different to the table. How in game terms would he really separate himself from Guilliman? Oh boy a super duper gun line buffer dude! Oh he gets 6 extra dice against buildings! Wooohooo

I think that's just an issue with the way the 8th ed changes have been implemented, there's not enough variation in the higher classes of fighters. When a Space Marine Captain is already WS2+/BS2+, how exactly are you going to differentiate between the Lion being a better duelist than Guilliman, for example. Kinda wish they kept WS the same, but made it work like Strength and Toughness.

The Khan would be the far more interesting choice. The problem is, I think the writing is on the wall that they are setting up for Sanguinius too be resurrected.

For GW it makes a lot of sense to give the main four codexes Primarchs. Giving DA and SW their primarch and the two for codex marines, while leaving out BA would not be a smart sales/ marketing strategy.

The Khan and Vulcan would be far more interesting and are already setup to return. But GW is going to make the sales choice: they will change what happens on the Vengeful Spirit at Terra through the BL novels and then resurrect the Sanguinius giving each major marine faction a Primarch.

Which writing on which wall?

Seems to be based on "But if the Space Wolf, Dark Angel and Space Marine codexes all get Primarchs, that means Blood Angels would be left out".

Dorn can be a changed individual after 10k years. What if he's now a close combat berserker or a unit that bolsters the mobility of an army by making all infantry units advance further and charge?

Seems to be based on "But if the Space Wolf, Dark Angel and Space Marine codexes all get Primarchs, that means Blood Angels would be left out".
Ferrus is DEAD

Alpharius/Omegon are DEAD

Kurze is DEAD

Horus is DEAD

Sanguinius is DEAD

3 Heretic Legions and 2 Astartes Chapters don't have the primarch anymore

I don't see the problem here

It's the fluff of the setting

If i was a BA player i would be offended if GW writes a terribile fluff (like primaris fluff is ugly) to make Sanguinius come back from death

I am a DA player and even if i know that Lion will return i Hope he doesn't cause GW is already messing with the DA beautiful and tragic fluff with ugly novels by the worst writers in GW history (Thorpe/Kelly) and also.in the last codex they made Luther escape from his prison by a Tzeentch demonic attack to the Rock

So the DA fluff is already going to hell to justify the return of the Lion

I hope other Chapters fluff will not be beat like DA one

If i was a BA player i would be offended if GW writes a terribile fluff (like primaris fluff is ugly) to make Sanguinius come back from death

That's true. However I'd be fine with it if GW would write awesome fluff to make Sanguinius come back from death. It's all about how it's delivered. Unforatunately I don't have the faith in GW to write fluff awesome enough for it to happen and fortunately I don't think GW wants to make it happen anyway. There are enough ways how they could make BA special without Sanguinius coming back (Mephiston and the Sanguinor are big candidates for that).

Archived