Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

Ferrus. Was. An. Idiot.

There. I said it.

You. Need. To. Provide. Points. Not. Bullet. Points.

There, I dismissed it.

He was rubbish in solo combat.

He ran off with no support.

He got his head removed by letting anger cloud his judgement.

Idiot.

When you have Vulkan who can do all the smithing that Ferrus does but on a better scale (lol, dragon joke) Ferrus is nothing original or special.

When Angron is angry. Ferrus’s anger is nothing special.

Ferrus was the better smith than Vulkan. He :cuss forged Vulkan very own pistol. Manus was also just as stalwart as Mortarion, he could weather the battle just as well. Every Primarch had another Primarch that covered their strengtha in a different way. Manus was a better smith than vulkan, but he workes on intricate details and finesse unmatched.

So he wasnt the best fighter. Guilliman almost got killed by orks. As for anger, Angron was almost killed by being baited by russ. Russ almost lost the VIth in his anger. Truth is that only few primarchs are unique. Why have a stealthy primarch like Alpharius when you had Corax. Why have a assassination primarch like Corax when you had Curze. Their strengths are of different kinds and do overlap. So to say "this primarch has X strength so I dont need this other primarch". Emperor knew some of his creations would be failures and made redundancies.

I prefer the notion of leaving the missing primarchs as they are. Guiliman was what the Imperium needed to survive the 2 minutes to midnight that was the 13th black crusade: we don't need another great crusade.

The answer to the daemon primarchs returning isn't always a loyalist primarch to match.

I prefer the notion of leaving the missing primarchs as they are. Guiliman was what the Imperium needed to survive the 2 minutes to midnight that was the 13th black crusade: we don't need another great crusade.

Only there's a new Great Crusade, so there's that.

I seem to recall Ferrus had the better of Fulgrim before the Daemon took over or something?

Granted it's been a long time since I read that one, but Fulgrim was quite a swordsman, and if I recall he definitely had the upper hand on Ferrus and it was the deathblow that made him hesitate. I remember feeling like this moment... the moment Fulgrim allows his body to be 'possessed' is the moment he could never turn back from. (I don't think Fulgrim could have killed Ferrus).

* It is worth keeping in mind that this battle is largely fought with complete and utter shock on behalf of loyalist forces and I think Ferrus was suitably shocked by the betrayal and may not have been fighting at 100%. 

I believe most people confuse the 1st fight between Manus and Fulgrim with the 2nd (and final result) battle.

The 2nd fight they had was more closer an affair but Fulgrim was down and hadn't the strength to stand and stop Ferrus Manus as he rose. The daemon time to the rescue.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very into trying to work out who the primarchs who are going to switch sides are going to be. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if we get all the Primarchs back, dead or alive one way or another. Probably too much money for GW to ignore there.

I can't remember, did Fulgrim get his soul back from the daemon that possessed him? I think he did but not sure.

I can see Angron and Fulgrim (if GW doesn't AoS style remove Slaanesh) getting models, to round out the big 4. So that means at least another 3 loyalists if they want to keep numbers even. With the way their story lines have been going its probably the Lion and the Wolf due next for the Imperium (maybe the Lion IS loyal after all!). I want to say that someone other than Alpharius Omegon will be the traitor to return to the Imperial fold but other than Lorgar and Perturabo who are both daemon-primarchs anyway all the others are either dead or have an alignment. As much as I think it'd be awesome for Perty to come back I think he hates everything and everyone too much for that...which leaves us with Lorgar, the guy responsible for this whole mess in the first place!

What if the Primarchs changing sides means that they don't fight for either side? I think it would be cool to see a pit fighter Khan that has been captured and altered by the dark eldar and made to fight in their fighting pits. It woukd make sense if most of the big armies got a big centre piece model

I am very into trying to work out who the primarchs who are going to switch sides are going to be. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if we get all the Primarchs back, dead or alive one way or another. Probably too much money for GW to ignore there.

I can't remember, did Fulgrim get his soul back from the daemon that possessed him? I think he did but not sure.

I can see Angron and Fulgrim (if GW doesn't AoS style remove Slaanesh) getting models, to round out the big 4. So that means at least another 3 loyalists if they want to keep numbers even. With the way their story lines have been going its probably the Lion and the Wolf due next for the Imperium (maybe the Lion IS loyal after all!). I want to say that someone other than Alpharius Omegon will be the traitor to return to the Imperial fold but other than Lorgar and Perturabo who are both daemon-primarchs anyway all the others are either dead or have an alignment. As much as I think it'd be awesome for Perty to come back I think he hates everything and everyone too much for that...which leaves us with Lorgar, the guy responsible for this whole mess in the first place!

I'd say all the Daemon Primarchs are returning eventually (and by eventually, I mean at a rate of one primarch a year, probably less).

So that guys Chaos 6 Primarchs. Loyalists have one right now.

If the Loyals need 6... I'd say add the Lion, Russ, Dorn, Alpharius, Vulkan, Corax. And Khan goes renegade!

If chaos gets all 6 (mortarion, angron, lorgar, purt, magnus, fulgrim)

Then I expect loyalist will get Vulkan, Russ, khan, Dorn, Lion, corax

RG will be playing Daddy with his Imperial Secundus.

Alpharius will be playing referee making sure no side ever wins.

/sarcasm.

Ferrus going traitor would make a bit of sense, or at least the Iron Hands. If you read Iron Hands fluff you really begin to wonder how the hell they haven't flipped. They're malevolence incarnated in plasteel and ceramite.

Ferrus going traitor would make a bit of sense, or at least the Iron Hands. If you read Iron Hands fluff you really begin to wonder how the hell they haven't flipped. They're malevolence incarnated in plasteel and ceramite.

Malevolence given proper direction is a powerful tool against evil.

Malevolence given proper direction is a powerful tool against evil.

Malevolence without temperance and constancy is a dangerous thing. 

Isn't malevolence directed towards evil called "righteousness"?

IMHO I'd say its 2 people (groups or whatever) being a dick. Who's to say what is good or evil? :wink:

Yeah, except when one of those groups are literal hell-demons who want to eat/beat/torture your soul and corrupt all of reality, they kinda end up being the EVILLEST faction, so even if you take the whole "morality is subjective" line in 40k, you still have pretty clear lines drawn

Isn't malevolence directed towards evil called "righteousness"?

IMHO I'd say its 2 people (groups or whatever) being a dick. Who's to say what is good or evil? :wink:

Yeah, except when one of those groups are literal hell-demons who want to eat/crush/torture your soul and corrupt all of reality, they kinda end up being the EVILLEST faction, so even if you take the whole "morality is subjective" line in 40k, you still have pretty clear lines drawn
Sounds legit to me :p

Rumours to keep people going on these boring times...

(Via Faeit)

via Stepping Between Games: Thousandeyes

http://steppingbetweengames.com/the-brothers-three-primarchs-all/

The Rumor:

The staffer let slip the next Primarch is due to be a World Eater, Angron himself. Take that with whatever salt you want as he was also talking about new plastic Khorne Bezerkers.

Archived