Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

I saw in the BL subforum ADB basically said there are no plans to release more Primarchs.

Can you provide a link/quote for context?

Go to page 4...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350535-dark-imperium-ii-by-guy-haley/page-4

Also just because people play Knights does not sanction field three or more daemon Primarchs in the same army... that is just WAAC power gaming plain and simple.

What ADB is saying there is that Chris Wraight doesn't know anything about such plans and thus LoS is neither proof nor hint for any Primarchs returning. Not that there aren't any plans for them to return. Those are two entirely different things.

I don't know anything about other loyalist Primarchs returning and wouldn't bet on it or hold my breath but imo it's just a matter of time before we see Fulgrim and Angron. We've already read about Fulgrim being active even.

Why wouldn't that sanction that? Both would be armies of tough LoW monsters/walkers. I'd bet money that an army consisting of three or more Daemon Primarchs wouldn't even be that competetive anyway. So if it's not super competetive it's not about winning and only about having some really awesome models on the board.

Angron+plastic world eaters+codex

Angron+plastic world eaters+red butchers+updated berserkers+codex

I guess Russ is out of contention now with the rest of them.

To be completely honest, I doubt GW could release Russ in any form without pissing a lot of SW players. Release him as Odin-Russ, furry players get mad. Release him as Wulfen-Russ, "Viking" players get mad. Release him as a transforming Russ, Lore players get mad. Angron is much easier, a big ball of anger with muscles. Less lore disagreements, less split factions, simple destruction.

I saw in the BL subforum ADB basically said there are no plans to release more Primarchs.

Can you provide a link/quote for context?

Go to page 4...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350535-dark-imperium-ii-by-guy-haley/page-4

Also just because people play Knights does not sanction field three or more daemon Primarchs in the same army... that is just WAAC power gaming plain and simple.

What ADB is saying there is ... LoS is neither proof nor hint for any Primarchs returning. 

Honestly, literally just that. Nothing thrilling or controversial. I'm ludicrously careful about the details I do and don't know. I have three NDAs at this point, and I wouldn't slaughter my career by breaking them. 

"My brothers are stirring. You hear this? My brothers. Magnus revives his tedious old blood feud, but it will not end there. The few surviving loyal sons will be found again."

Sure he may not have meant it, but given the subject at hand was clearly primarchs, it wasn't much of a stretch to interpret it like people did.

I mean how else do you parse it?

"My brothers are stirring. You hear this? My brothers. Magnus revives his tedious old blood feud, but it will not end there. The few surviving loyal sons will be found again."

Sure he may not have meant it, but given the subject at hand was clearly primarchs, it wasn't much of a stretch to interpret it like people did.

I mean how else do you parse it?

He probably just didn't think people would take it as confirmation for future model releases. It's clear what it means but it doesn't automatically has anything to do with what GW will release and what not. Especially not in near future. ^^

Its just logical, gw favours chaos except slaanesh. We got tzeentch and nurgle so now it's khorne time.

About loyalists,I'd say that since we got a codex sm primarch now it would be the turn for other books, and both lion and russ are much more alive than girlyman was

He probably just didn't think people would take it as confirmation for future model releases. It's clear what it means but it doesn't automatically has anything to do with what GW will release and what not. Especially not in near future. ^^

Eh, to also be fair, wasn't that the case with Dark Imperium?

Mentioned what was it... Aggressors? Before they were officially revealed.

This is the ultimate nerd wishlIst thread on the internet with absolutely nothing substantial. It is all speculation.

How is this different to the fanfic "insider infos" and "totally true leaks" your beloved BoLS is spewing like the lying gossip brat on a schoolyard!?

I doubt the Authors at Black Library get insight into everything in the pipeline.

As ADB says, he has 3 NDAs. Other Authors maybe have less or more, including other things/Storylines/Release Plans, etc.

Anyone thinking there WON'T be other Primarchs released, is delusional.

Sutely, all these 'hints' in Lords of Silence, Ashes of Prospero and other publications are just open story hooks - but you can't tell me they are NOT intentional.

Fulgrim and Angron are a given by now. And even Loyalists won't be far off.

WHEN is the real question - and even with just ONE Primarch a year (+ corresponding Releases of their favourite Legion/Chapter/Daemons) they will be able to keep the hype train going for a decade.

There’s no novels on the horizon from Black Library that indicate any other Primarchs will be returning any time soon.

Neither were there any known for Magnus, Mortarion or Guilliman until they got released.

There's no doubt we'll see a few more. It makes business sense after all. Expect things next year, after all codex releases are done. I expect GW will start releasing various campaign boxsets and that's when we'll see models released for various factions.

Archived