Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

With Fulgrim and Angron it's always going to be a case of when rather than if. Unless it's very soon - and considering we've just had Death Guard I doubt it will be - I doubt a random staffer is doing anymore than throwing out an educated guess.

Additional rumors:

Plastic Fulgrim

Plastic Noise Marine Kit

At least 2 new Plastic Chaos Characters, one for Khorne with "Blood" in the name and one for Slaanesh with the word "Excess".

New recut of the standard SM Tactical Squad sprue as the mold is wearing out.

Plastic Aeldari Aspect Warriors dual-kit.

New plastic sculpt for Lucius the Eternal.

New BIGGER Abadon plastic model.

Just sprinkle those around every couple of months until one of them turn out to be true.

Also, we reallllly need new plastic Berzerkers, so let's hope that part is true sooner rather than later.

Since GW went down the route with primaries already...

It would be nice to see the big 4+1 chaos undivided Primarch I just hope that Guilliman isn't the only loyalist. I hope they balance it out so it isn't lopsided. (Also, as always, no wulfen russ)

I actually wonder what daemon angron would look like, since they changed Magnus and mortarion. I hope they keep him like a primary bloodthirstier and not something else.

I don’t agree. I think we’ll see Daemon Primarchs faster than we’ll see Loyalists.

Happy to be wrong though......As long as it’s the Lion......And his model’s better than Guilliman. ;)

You know, that's probably true as well. GW experiment with creating kits and designs years in advance.

I've also heard GW has the designs for years worth of Primaris kits at the ready. It's why I've started to focus on them as my main Marines.

[

If they do release Angron, they should just buy KrautScientist's design,

Just looked that up and it's perfect with a few minor tweaks. Even the Marine he's holding is easily converted to a Primaris.

The only release he would fit in is a campaign based on Armageddon, or is there much else comming up with WE inside?

Armageddon is the perfect setting for Angron TBH. I feel that is where the fighting is the thickest and therefore where Angron would be. He would only care to slaughter and not petty thing like his other brothers.

Calling it now Angron vs Prime Ork Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

I'd like to believe a lot of this, but I won't be holding my breath until I see something in pictures.

Some thoughts:

• I have no problems with more daemon Primarchs coming out before any more loyalists. We know that the daemonic brethren are still around, and in the case of some of them (e.g. Angron) have been pillaging outside of the Eye / Warp, but half of the loyalists are missing somewhere with an air of mystery. I'd rather not have a weak "Here is the Khan, and this where's he's been for the past 10 millennia and why he's come back now", and instead get back to the Imperium being beaten back by a resurgent Chaos force (considering the vast reinforcement of the Primaris)
  • Some new Chaos kits would be welcome indeed, as would some love for Slannesh and the Emperors Children. I had hoped for a new basic Chaos Marine box to bring them in line with the more recent Chaos releases (like the Dark Vengeance Chosen, and the Raptors / Warp Talons) but will be pleased with plastic cult troops should they turn up - yes, I know the Bezerkers are already plastic, but they're getting dated now.
  • The plastic Eldar Aspect Warrior kit would be brilliant, but I can't help but feel that they missed the boat if it doesn't come out in the next couple of weeks. I think I would have preferred a slower rate of Codex release if each release got a extra unit or two released alongside, not like the slew of kits that the Death Guard got (understandable considering it's a new faction) but something other than a single character that was available in a previous box set (e.g. Eldrad, Cawl). Just my opinion. 

My expectation going forward is that all major releases will be tied to a global campaign event of some sort and that's when we'll see new kits (in no particular order) I'm thinking:

-Armageddon - gives us scope for Orks, Guard and World Eaters.

-Eldar vs Slaanesh - perfect for Ynnari and Emperors Children.

-Blood Angels vs Tyranids - angry about Baal.

You get the idea. They'll have Codexes and model releases that tie in.

Right now, they've had Ultramarines vs DeathGuard and they're just racing to get a first Codex out for everyone (or almost) . They've learned from previous editions I think.

The real question is do these campaigns come once or twice a year? Spring and Autumn make sense for building on the new gamers you get at Christmas and over the School holidays in the Summer.

Rik

Archived