Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

I've heard that there will be a bigger Abaddon :-)

That was a plastic Warhound

I think you're mixing that up with the 2015 sisters of battle and gun hand Dorn

Anyway, I don't hand much credence to a GW staff rumour, but if I had to bet on the next Daemon Primarch, it would have been Angron anyway. Assuming this happens, it probably wouldn't be till the second half of next year. I expect a Loyalist Primarch will come first, and that this is just a educated guess rather than an actual 'rumour.'

Boo, like Chaos needs more stuff. 2 full armies in 12 months; it's becoming UltraSmurf levels of obnoxious at this point.

Loyalists had 5 full SM armies for years (SM, SW, DA, BA, GK) while chaos has had 1 with 4 partial armies. TS and DG are actually a fully independent army.

The let's not forget Skitarii, SoB/Imperial Agents, Deathwatch, SoS, and Custodians also for the loyalists. So let chaos have some fun, sure it was in a short time but it's a crowd that been neglected for some time.

Boo, like Chaos needs more stuff. 2 full armies in 12 months; it's becoming UltraSmurf levels of obnoxious at this point.

After 15 years of practically :censored: all, except for that one time we got dinobots. Emperor's Children and World Eaters are coming, it's just a matter of which one's first, so get used to the idea.

But anyway, I doubt Angron will be the next Primarch. Maybe the next Daemon Primarch, but if a loyalist Primarch isn't released before the next Cult Legion, I'll be extremely surprised.

As far as Angron being a part of the Armageddon campaign/thing, in a little fluff blurb the Salamanders prevented him from being summoned into realspace, so unless they immediately retcon that, or unless there’s ANOTHER war on Armageddon, I dunno about that.

Given how much he keeps getting name dropped in the Lore.  I'd have thought Fulgrim for next traitor.  I mean, there hasn't even been much talk of Angron doing things, but Fulgrim?  He's mentioned more than once across the newer stuff.

In this respect I'd be disappointed if it's  Angron.  Of course, Slaanesh's followers in general need help badly as an army.  They're pretty bad currently.  Not a lot of options either.

Fulgrim has been mentioned a lot yes, and he was very vividly described in Dark Imperium.

He would be a brilliant Primarch to return, especially if they give him rules around his strategic planning in war.

No salt required. The Four god aligned primarchs were always going to be first. With Magnus and Mortarion out then its either Angorn or Fulgrim next and GW has been shying away from Slanesh recently.

This rumour didn’t tax the crystal ball.

I can honestly see it being anything really (though I agree Angron and Fulgrim are likely next for Chaos).

On one hand, DA and SW will likely get their codexes before they drop a new WE or EC line, so I'd expect Lion or Russ to come.

But they also both seem like the "easiest" primarchs to return -- we know the Lion is still around and Russ has at least said he will return. If GW is really going to do most/all of the loyalists, are they just going to keep doing the next easiest one? I think if the next one was a Dorn, robo Ferrus, or maybe a possessed Sanguinor or something, that'd make a much more interesting story than "we've found our next brother who's been lost in the warp/webway/wherever".

But then again, the CSM are kind of mirroring the regular marine lines now: Codex marines - undivided, and the Cult legions are separate like Sw, BA, and DA. So you'd think Russ and Lion should get their models for sure... leaving BA all alone (I expect Sanguinor will get bumped to a primarch-ish statline).

Anyway, I do expect WE and EC getting full lines. We'll probably see some sort of new line early in the new year (whether it's new sisters or one of those Chaos armies). It doesn't look like any current lines are going to get a redo during the codex releases, which we're what about half way through now? But it'd be crazy to not think that GW isn't going to have anything come out for another 6 months or so?

So by all that I mean, yeah probably Angron next... haha

Loyalists had 5 full SM armies for years (SM, SW, DA, BA, GK) while chaos has had 1 with 4 partial armies. TS and DG are actually a fully independent army.

The let's not forget Skitarii, SoB/Imperial Agents, Deathwatch, SoS, and Custodians also for the loyalists. So let chaos have some fun, sure it was in a short time but it's a crowd that been neglected for some time.

Chaos is basically Marines and demons. If you don't play Marines and you are a loyalist, well, the only models you've gotten on the last few years are Celestine and Greyfax.

Chaos is basically Marines and demons. If you don't play Marines and you are a loyalist, well, the only models you've gotten on the last few years are Celestine and Greyfax.

Plus AdMech, SoS and Custodes...

I think Ferrus is leading the legion of the damned.

Rumours and assumptions.

But considering the DA and Tau will have a book coming soon (Black Library), I think we might see codex for them first. And who knows, maybe a few surprises on DA side...

I think Ferrus is leading the legion of the damned.

Rumours and assumptions.

But considering the DA and Tau will have a book coming soon (Black Library), I think we might see codex for them first. And who knows, maybe a few surprises on DA side...

T'au are getting a new book? Wow I missed that. What kind of book is coming for them?

I think we’ll get DA, BA and SW codexes next year with no releases except maybe Primaris upgrade sprues. I don’t think we’ll get their Primarchs for a while and I don’t see it being any of the other Loyalists.

Angron seems extremely likely given GWs love for Khorne over the last few years (decades). An Armageddon campaign seems like a great opportunity for a few range releases (Orks, Guard, World Eaters) but I’d prefer Angron to pop up somewhere new in the fluff, instead of re-hashing things that have already been done.

I don't think it's very likely that we see already the next Daemon Primarch without the loyalists getting anything. Maybe the next Daemon Primarch, but not the next Primarch.

Archived