Which primarch is next? Or will it be two?

Dark_Master

I would not presume to know any of those details and wont ask. I normally dont flow down the rumor river. He is just a long time good friend has some access and shares from time to time. I dont pry because he shares what he thinks he can and is safe and I normally dont post what he says, not even sure why i did it this time, just really excited about the directions GW is going in I guess. Anyway the only solid truth is only time will tell if you are not a GW insider.

Does he come with a gun-arm or a sword-arm. I personally think it should be a giant power fist so he can knock some sense into people...

Dorm would be a neat addition but that means Perty would be rather upset....

If the Imperial Fist himself comes back without an excessively huge power fist, then they have missed a huge obvious opportunity.

It was me who dropped the Dorn rumors to start with lol

I kinda made up for it by saying Mortarion was next after Gman was revealed but people don't forgive or forget!

I was making fun of the 4chan rumors not yours. The whole evil dead shotgun hand meme for dorn. Not yours.

++++ A LOT OF SALT++++ So the Irony here with the Rumor is I have a very good friend who works for GW doing  marketing and sales and  he just returned from one of their marketing and sales conferences. We were discussing the Primarchs over a few beers last weekend. He made it very clear to me and stressed what he was saying with out Directly admitting knowledge that "if he was a betting man" the next of the LOYALIST Primarchs would be the Lion, then Russ and then the Return of who he knows is my favorite Primarch, sprinkled with the Deamon Prince Primarchs in between (because he knows i care very little for chaos) very similar to dark imperium releases. He also said don't rule out Plastic Sister in late 2018 since this was a very good sales year and the developers are listening to the audience/players now. He said the end of 2017 and what is on the docket for 2018 will be the largest amount of new releases in the 40k model range they have ever done.....so again take it with ++++SALT++++ but the things he has told me so far have been pretty accurate....I am just not a big spoiler junkie.

It's just common sense to say they will be another Primarchs (HH Primarchs sell are off the chart, Magnus and Guilliman 40k too, don't know if we already have some feedback on Mortarion).

For loyalist the Lion is next logical chooce. After Guillman "alive" in stase, in "our" universe in a location well known of all the galaxy, we got the Lion "alive" in stase, in "our" universe. Just in a location known only by chaotic familiar. 

In opposition to those dead, or lost in another dimension (the webway, the warp). 

For chaos in a logical, fluff way there is no way to chooce between Lorgar, Fulgrim and Angron. (Dunno what Perturabo is doing right now).

But Lorgar wont sell, so i dont expect him to show up. Would have been so nice if GW decided to make World Bearer/Ultramarine Primarine the Heralds of the V8 instead of the obnoxious Death guard. We would have new possessed, basic Chaos space marine/Havocs, Mutilator, Obliterators, Chosen and a solid base for conversion into the different legions..

Imho in order to guess what the next Daemonic primarch will be, one must go into AoS rumor thread. Release of Mortarion/DG was correled with release of blightwar. I think GW will do the same, and release both Slaanesh return in AoS and Emperor's Children/Fulgrim codex. 

Or they will kill Slaanesh in Aos, 40k because nipples are worth than skull, putrid guts and religious fanatic

I'd be stunned if the next Loyalist isn't Lion or Russ.  Both have significant good 'lore' reasons they could come out.

My personal druthers would be The Lion as a foil to Guilliman.  At the time the Lion went into stasis, there still wasn't a Codex Astartes.*  A lot of things still hadn't gone down.  And most importantly he was nursing a pretty big grudge against Guilliman to boot.  so he's a very good candidate to help spawn some Imperial Civil War style stories too.

*And that lack of a Codex before he went down?  That's gonna be a big one.  Because he does NOT like other Primarchs telling his legion what to do.  He straight up walked up to Horus and said "don't you dare" once when some of his own people responded to a distress and reinforcements signal in one of the books.  so I don't see him being happy with what's happened to his legion, AT ALL.  And that's definitely why I think he makes for a very good option.

Russ?  He's gonna have issues.  But at the same time, I could see him being more like "I'mma just gonna go kill stuff"  He's content being the killer.  He'd probably ask for a big force, call out his puppers, and go a hunting.  He'll be a monster combatant for sure, but I just don't see the stories with him being as interesting.  Even though he's probably still likely as the one after The Lion (Or even before the Lion)

For chaos in a logical, fluff way there is no way to chooce between Lorgar, Fulgrim and Angron. (Dunno what Perturabo is doing right now).

But Lorgar wont sell, so i dont expect him to show up. Would have been so nice if GW decided to make World Bearer/Ultramarine Primarine the Heralds of the V8 instead of the obnoxious Death guard. We would have new possessed, basic Chaos space marine/Havocs, Mutilator, Obliterators, Chosen and a solid base for conversion into the different legions..

Imho in order to guess what the next Daemonic primarch will be, one must go into AoS rumor thread. Release of Mortarion/DG was correled with release of blightwar. I think GW will do the same, and release both Slaanesh return in AoS and Emperor's Children/Fulgrim codex. 

Or they will kill Slaanesh in Aos, 40k because nipples are worth than skull, putrid guts and religious fanatic

Lorgar won't sell???

http://pre12.deviantart.net/07f2/th/pre/i/2011/294/6/9/primarch_lorgar_by_devmarine-d4dh0ox.jpg

"I find your lack of faith.... disturbing..."

EDIT: A Word Bearer release with campaign would actually be amazing. 40k versions of Erebus and Kor Phaeron, Daemon Lorgar, mix in some "Lost and Damned" stuff, models for the below (pulled from 1d4chan).

• Dark Council: A collection of Dark Apostles who oversee the overall actions of the Legion, and confirm the ascension of other Dark Apostles.
  • Dark Apostle: spiritual leader of a Host, the primary organization of the Word Bearers following the Horus Heresy. Dark Apostles are confirmed by the Dark Council and in turn make the decisions of the rank and advancement for the Host.
  • Coryphaus: The senior military commander of a host, comparable to a Chapter Master or First Captain. The Coryphaus leads the Host's returns during religious ceremonies (and trust us, the Word Bearers have a lot of religious ceremonies) and makes all tactical decisions during actual combat, freeing up the Dark Apostle to better commune with the Chaos Gods.
  • Icon Bearers: A Word Bearer charged with carrying the Icon of the XVII Legion in battle, similar to a Company Standard Bearer in a Space Marine Chapter.
  • Champion: The leader of Word Bearer squads, know as coteries. Comparable to a Squad Captain from the Legiones Astartes.
  • Aspiring Champion: Another Squad leader, comparable to a Sergeant.
  • Warrior-Brother: The rank and file soldiers of a host.

Does he come with a gun-arm or a sword-arm. I personally think it should be a giant power fist so he can knock some sense into people...

Dorm would be a neat addition but that means Perty would be rather upset....

If the Imperial Fist himself comes back without an excessively huge power fist, then they have missed a huge obvious opportunity.

I'm still a bit sad his 30K incarnation lacked the groovy power claw from onemof his portraits.

Well for sake of discussion: I would say the Lion returns, HATES EVERYTHING Guilliman has done, rejects the codex and pull all the Unforgiven back to his side (Since the Codex did not exist when he went to sleep). Confronts Guilliman and decides to take Regency over the Dark Imperium I.E. everything "north" of the Cicatrix Maledictum. This has him and any other Chapter aside from the unforgiven that does not have faith in Guilliman's rule push to the other side of the Maledictum. A "truce" of military cooperation is agreed to and the Lion begins his own crusade to push back the will of Chaos. It would be great if he ran head on into Lorgar (the first heretic primarch) here.....and his legions. The Lion hearing of the Fate of Fenris and Russ and launches a second crusade to find his brother. While rivals at times they held a mutual respect for each other and so does their legions. Russ is somehow found and see's what the empire has become and what has become of his sons and is irate, blames Guillimans choices during the rebuilding after the siege of Terra and the Codex and aligns with Lion. Again infuriated by his return Khorne throws Angron and his Worldeaters in all their might and the new Regency.

Guilliman receiving pressure from all sides and realizing he is in need of an ali and Knowing for sure two of the 4 dauntless few are dead and Russ aligned with the lion decides to look for Dorn. Now my preference here is Lysander tells him of his time as a prisoner on the Iron Hands planet and he knew there was a powerful Marine keep prisoner because the guards discussed his torture, Guilliman some how (insert plot device) finds out Dorn is alive and a prisoner, launches a risky and surgical strike to free him. They succeed and dorn aligns with Guilliman. Perturabo is furious that his trophy was stolen and brings the full might of the Iron Hands Legion to bare down on the Imperium, Dorn re-enacts the Last Wall Protocol and stands beside his sons once more in an epic showdown with Perturabo and his Iron Warriors. 

Khan who is being looked for by Guillimans Eldar buddies is found and returned, he then looks for Corax and Vulcan, these three pick sides in the divided empire for various of their own reasons and Bam......at least thats how I would do it.

Oh and as far as Russ just being a fighter, that is a gross misrepresentation of him, He is a great and skilled leader, he was a "cult of personality" to most around him, and his reflections during the Heresy changed him at the core, dont be surprised to see a more screwed and calculating Russ, still fiery and a great warrior but tempered and seasoned with time. His cross he bore was arguably the most psychological devastating to realize he was used as a tool that sparked much of the final moves in the heresy and already dealing with and not happy with his label of being the emperors executioner.....I think we will see a much more diverse character.

I hope when Corax eventually returns he drops some of his melancholy act. Have him visit Emps like Rob did and find out the Emperor never felt he did anything that needed forgiving in the first place.

I think he'll nominally side with Fuilliman for the sake of avoiding needless strife the Imperium can't afford right now. He'll be appalled by the state of things though.

Too bad Corax will be one of the last to be released. Unless GW throws is a curveball and he's who the Iron Warriors are holding prisoner.

EDIT: A Word Bearer release with campaign would actually be amazing. 40k versions of Erebus and Kor Phaeron, Daemon Lorgar, mix in some "Lost and Damned" stuff, models for the below (pulled from 1d4chan).

As i said, a WB vs UM event and new fig would have been better than DG vs UM imho, both in term of lore and models. I will not compare WB and DG lore, both are great and allow new entry in the chaos game.

And i'm totally fan of Word Bearer, my 2nd favorite legion (after, you know, guys who actually use Death metal correctly).

But Lorgas, as awesome as he is, as awesome as First Heretic is, wont sell. He's not very popular and so are WB. If we are to look after the next primarcs release that's someone to keep in mind.

DG were release with V8 because they are more popular than many legion. That's why GW wanted them fresh rather than all vanilla Heretic astartes (wich make sense in a commercial way, less so in from a non DG player point of view).

In the same logic, Lion and Russ are next. Just because of the success they will surely bring (not to mention it's also logical in the fluff). Angron for Chaos, because he's the ultimate emissary of Kohrn and berzeker (both having huge fan base).

And Fulgrim, for the same reason for Slaanesh (unless GW kill it ?).

But i dont expect Perturabo, Cruze, Ferrus, Vulkain, Alpharion, Lorgar, Vulkan to come soon.

I don't agree that daemon Primarch Lorgar wouldn't sell. The trend seems to be that all the Primarch models are pretty awesome aesthetically. If they give him even a little bit of accessory model support, maybe a long overdue csm kit, a dark apostle or Erebus kit, and a new plastic chaos lord, I could see a lot of new love on the word bearers bandwagon. Heck, a triumvirate kit with something like Abaddon, Lorgar, and a Night Lords character would be a great way to cover 3 legions (two who lack their own Primarch, probably) in a mirror of the Guilliman boxed set.

I actually can't think of a single Primarch who wouldn't sell at least enough to make back the investment and then some. I've seen enough people start new armies just because they loved a Primarch model. Especially with most of them not requiring the gigantic price tag of the aligned daemon Primarch, I firmly believe that any Primarch model is basically like printing money for GW.

Why wouldn't Lorgar sell??

If the model and rules are good he'll fly off the shelves. Word Bearers have amazing lore, fantastic paint scheme and units. They simply haven't been a focus in 40K releases.

So are we throwing the rumor "1 will turn from the light and 1 will come back" out the window now? Just curious if we will see primarch switch sides.

I seem to have missed this rumour! Where has it come from?

So are we throwing the rumor "1 will turn from the light and 1 will come back" out the window now? Just curious if we will see primarch switch sides.

No but the general assumption is that for Primarchs switching sides, it's likely the Khan goes renegade and Omegon is loyal again. But neither seem like the next likely Primarch.

Archived