+++Call of Chaos X+++

gallery_95896_12723_341803.jpg

got 1 out of 4 wings to this stage and the rest including the claw arms just need the wildrider red highlight

Whilst I was waiting for washes to dry I started one of my cultists

gallery_95896_12723_1272782.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_533226.jpg

Bit more tidying up, final highlights and paint the hair/eyes and he's done. then 9 more to paint lol.

Update: I'm behind, and only still working on Ahriman. Starting tomorrow after work I plan to change that.

Incidentally, where do Brettonian Peasent models stand on the AoS Scale? They're OOP for that line at the moment, all of the Brettonia line is, and I've shown a picture of how I have them... is it ok to just them as is as feaudal Cultists, using Energy Shields to justify the pistols?

Bretonians are Fantasy minis and certainly not 40k so using them unconverted won’t fly. You need to 40k-fy them so they’ll be passable in the 40k universe.

gallery_95896_12723_341803.jpg

got 1 out of 4 wings to this stage and the rest including the claw arms just need the wildrider red highlight

Whilst I was waiting for washes to dry I started one of my cultists

gallery_95896_12723_1272782.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_533226.jpg

Bit more tidying up, final highlights and paint the hair/eyes and he's done. then 9 more to paint lol.

That cultist has a Delaque quality I always thought... as Necromunda has been dormant the similarity seemed irrelevant, but now... :woot:

Came back for holidays, it was time I finished mouting this squad. 

Here we got :

- the two last Noise Marine with Blastmaster (yes, size matter). 

- the Noise marin champ, member of the palatine blades (weapon on the left hand will be magnetize)

- Lucius

Another pict with all the Endless Song squad all together : 

Edited by DreamIsCollapsing

Update: I'm behind, and only still working on Ahriman. Starting tomorrow after work I plan to change that.

Incidentally, where do Brettonian Peasent models stand on the AoS Scale? They're OOP for that line at the moment, all of the Brettonia line is, and I've shown a picture of how I have them... is it ok to just them as is as feaudal Cultists, using Energy Shields to justify the pistols?

Bretonians are Fantasy minis and certainly not 40k so using them unconverted won’t fly. You need to 40k-fy them so they’ll be passable in the 40k universe. 

Hmmmm... and I don't have the parts ready for them. Sigh... can I make another substitution? I promise the models I have in mind aren't painted. I'm thinking at this point unit for a unit... and if I can find the sprue, I have horrors ready. Otherwise an Exalted Sorcerer model, the alternative I had to Ahriman prior, is my suggestion

I'm sorry I've had to make TWO substitutions so far.

No problem. Make your substitutions, edit them in your original vow and give me a heads-up when you do.

Btw, a conversion should not necessarily be a complex and elaborate one (welcome as this may be). A head or simple weapon swap can convey the meaning. However if you want to swap those units for others, go ahead.

No problem. Make your substitutions, edit them in your original vow and give me a heads-up when you do.

Btw, a conversion should not necessarily be a complex and elaborate one (welcome as this may be). A head or simple weapon swap can convey the meaning. However if you want to swap those units for others, go ahead.

Alright, tomorrow then. I'll also show the converted look for the Daemon PRincess

'Fresh as Amended' Vow;

I, Res Ipsa Loquitur, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete seventeen (17) units, being;

1. Herald of Slaanesh on foot - Complete
  2. Herald of Slaanesh on foot - Complete
  3. Herald of Slaanesh on Steed
  4. Herald of Slaanesh on Steed
  5. Eighteen Daemonettes - Complete
  6. Seventeen Daemonettes
  7. Seventeen Daemonettes
  8. Six Seekers
  9. Five Seekers - Complete
  10. Five Seekers - Complete
  11. Hellflayer - Complete
  12. Hellflayer - Complete
  13. Hellflayer 
  14. Hellflayer
  15. Herald of Slaanesh on foot (OOC) - Complete
  16. Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot (OOC)
  17. Hellflayer (OOC)

before December 15th 2017. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Total Hedonism and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I might be a bit late but there can still be time!

I, Warpmiss, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

1) Iron Warriors Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor (Proxy)

2) Iron Warriors Warpsmith

3) 10 man unit of MK3 Iron Warriors (6 with Kromlech's bionic bionic legs)

before December 15th 2017. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of total Hedonism and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail, I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I except no mercy on my soul!

I’ve only been painting since September so I hope I can do this. I will most likely post frequent updates in my twitter and imgur.

Here's a pic of the Warpsmith & Marines before priming:

sQ2bE1m.jpg

It is, in fact, like that.

Good job I have a plan thats as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University!!!

Thought I would put some progress up, been a slow few weeks. Work just gets in the way lol.

In competition Vow

Before

10 Man Squad Complete

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/10manComplete_zpsioyaljwo.jpg

Few out of competition pieces complete

Two Squads of Intercessor

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/x2_5manInterecessorComplete1_zpssnqcvxpj.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/x2_5manInterecessorComplete_zpstdkhah3l.jpg

Squad of Hellblasters

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/5manHellblasterComplete_zpsdbm24wxd.jpg

Squad of Scouts

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/ScoutsComplete_zps6knraa62.jpg

Some Progress with the Helldrake and a bit of practice on an old dread.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/HelldrakeProg_zpsqhi9ypk2.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/Dreadnought_zpsgajds4oc.jpg

Don't like the bronze layer in between the body, going to change that back to silver, need to find somewhere to get some red in on it and make a start on the lighting.

I will try and take some proper photos with a real camera at some point.

Need to push on with the Fire Raptor, had loads of issues with the paint reacting after the primer and then any subsequent coats of airbrush paint.

Painted more Primaris marines than I have the in competition ones :S

Peace.

Just show bit progress

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-project-black-crusade/page-4?do=findComment&comment=4924464

Pretty much the second unit of Plague Marines will be finish by Saturday.

Land Raider & Predator are almost there. Just waiting for the frost weather out side to go away, so I can get them varnish & add weather powder.

While the other Land Raider, should be ready for painting in two week. I'm waiting for a event as a few friends are given me some parts to rep there armies as trophy from past games & events.
​Also the Hellforge Predator getting there. Just I had a really bad headache yesterday which meant I was not able to do anything for the whole day. However for the front hull, I'm unsure what to go for. Ether I go for the FW Chaos brass etch, trophy from the Renegade set or the Blood Angel as a trophy (old grudge army back 2001 for my IW's).

But as it stand, everything bought. Everything built (some still get finish).

Update

Just spent today painting the second half of my third unit of Plague Marines. Arm them all for Close Combat just so I've got the unit & something new. So these just started today from the Death Guard green spray.

gallery_13342_13449_50533.jpg

Then along side the rest of the squad painted last week.

gallery_13342_13449_98554.jpg

Then my fourth unit of Plague Marines. Because the narrative meant to be a Nurgle Crusade. One of my aim is to add units from different warbands who are draw to this. So I though I'd start off with making a unit theme around Maxime Pastourel warband. So here how the models are looking right now.

gallery_13342_13449_40777.jpg

Here the fourth Land Raider now with transfer. I've having to wait a little while until I can get this & the seventh predator varnish as it been way to frosty right now out side.

gallery_13342_13449_84252.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_98696.jpg

The seventh Predator, as said there waiting right now until I can get the model varnish & then add the weather powder.

gallery_13342_13449_65178.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_43770.jpg

Then the Heelforge Predator. I was hoping to get a bit more work done to the armour plate yesterday but ended up with one of my worst headache yesterday. Mean I was not able to do anything that all from 12pm & by time it clear (10pm) well that been best part of the day gone.

gallery_13342_13449_65557.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_125534.jpg

I'm not quite sure what to do with the front hull. Ether I go for

Forge World Chaos brass etching

gallery_13342_13449_4527.jpg

Forge World renegade trophy. If not then this part would be use on the other Land Raider I'd shown in the last update.

gallery_13342_13449_90464.jpg

Blood Angel - They use to be a old grudge army that my Iron Warriors game against a LOT back in 2001-2005 that a club I use to go to.

gallery_13342_13449_19114.jpg

Then getting bit work done to the Basilisk new trophy.

gallery_13342_13449_117034.jpg

So the Eldar one going to be base on the really great Eldar force I fought back in March Boralis Schism campaign event, that Warhammer World.

med_gallery_13342_13449_34330.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_137621.jpg

While the Raptor helmet going to be base on Syn Slannesh force when I fought them that a local event two year ago & because we've got a grudge match that the same event in a few week time.

gallery_13342_13449_26179.jpg

Also next Friday going to mark 16 year of collecting Iron Warriors. Time permitting, I'd really like to try get the Iron Warriors all set up to allow me to see how it all looking since last year photo. This will also allow me to see what still need to be done & what I'd like to still add.
​I think I'm going to keep it just the Iron Warriors & included the Chaos Knights.

Made a start on the bloat drone!

http://i63.tinypic.com/z9260.jpg

I've pretty much done the plague marines and Rhino, just need to base the whole squad and take some good pics!!

I'll get the drone and Deathshroud done now!

I, Brother Gorath, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete the following units:

• Daemon Prince of Nurgle
  • Unit of 7 Plague Marines
  • Unit of 7 Plague Marines
  • 6 Nurgle Terminators
  • Typhus, Herald of Nurgle
  • Rhino

before December 15th 2017. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Total Hedonism and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

In addition I pledge to set up my own painting log, to cover the progress outside of this thread, and use these units to play my first game of 40k!

Weekly update, another model finished... this time it's the Daemon Prince. I had a lot of fun (re)painting this guy and he'll look great with the rest of the army. I've also got more work done on the Bloat Drone as well which you can see from the very blurry picture... sorry, he wouldn't sit still. Which reminds me... Semper, it seems the Bloat Drone is missing from my Pledge. Could you add that please? Thanks!

AuOBDiZh.jpg

iXmMsBWh.jpg

b2yTKesh.jpg

0Xo3iZHh.jpg

hxP9fd8h.jpg