+++Call of Chaos X+++

Right... 

We have entered the last two weeks of the event, so everyone make sure you optimise your time! 

@ Sagentus: Wings might have been problematic to fit but the end-result is great - well done mate!

@ Metzombie: Well, 15 zombies sure shows a lot of commitment... now you need to do another 30! Don't want to be you at this point! :biggrin.:

@ Warpmiss: Well done on completing your vow! Excellent work and we look forward to see more of your stuff going forward. As regards your additional vow, that must be out-of-competition (occ) - it will not affect your score if you fail but you are honour-bound to complete it! :biggrin.:

@ DuskRaider: THAT'S A FANTASTIC MORTARION! :eek: *are you sure you want to swap the wings? those look awesome...*

@ Atia: Congratulations War Mistress! Fantastic work as usual and those nurglings? cuteness incarnate! And Typhus? oh, boy! :thumbsup:

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: Good pace mate! That white is turning out just right I think!

@ gezabutla: Love your work man! Very crisp, beautiful blending of shades... Awesome stuff! 

@ IP: I think I updated everything correctly - let me know if not... :wink:

@ Leonite: Well done on your diabolist! Now keep the pace!

@ Nekro83: Amazing IWs! That metal shade works wonders! Bravo Nekro!

@ Res & StD: You guys must be aware that we are in the last 15 days... :ph34r.:

@ rednekkboss: No worries mate, I will not declare you a Spawn just yet, we'll need to wait until the end of the event for that (who knows what will happen until then?) Best of luck with painting this army for your nephew - what army is it going to be anyway? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Actually, just a quick question. Idont think I will have all the parts needed for a couple of minis, would I be able to swap out the Spawn for a Vindicator and the Giant Spawn for a unit of 6 Terminators?

I'm waiting on a box of Seekers to be delivered so that I can build my last units. They were supposed to be here a week ago, but nothing ever came so easy with Canada Post. 

Luckily my painting 'technique' boils down to drybrush everything Ceramite White, then apply one of three different purple washes so I'm not overly worried about the time left. Pretty sure I've even got time to submit another unit or two as last-minute OOC entries, just in case StD snipes me.

EDIT - So actually, it turns out that my FLGS didn't order them until yesterday (December 2), despite me paying for them on November 20, despite the dude telling me on November 20 that they had been ordered and would be delivered on November 23 and despite them then telling me they'd be delivered on November 30 when they didn't show up on the 23rd. 

Alans. Total Alans.

Edited by Res Ipsa Loquitur

I'm waiting on a box of Seekers to be delivered so that I can build my last units. They were supposed to be here a week ago, but nothing ever came so easy with Canada Post. 

Luckily my painting 'technique' boils down to drybrush everything Ceramite White, then apply one of three different purple washes so I'm not overly worried about the time left. Pretty sure I've even got time to submit another unit or two as last-minute OOC entries, just in case StD snipes me.

Oh sniping will be done lol. I have some minis put aside just in case. ;)

And we're done. Finished my Hellblade. Not the best picture but my anglepoise isn't exactly great for this sort of thing. I'll put some nicer ones up tomorrow. You'll forgive me the base I hope, Forgeworld don't supply a way of mounting this particular mini to the flight stand so I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to do it.

http://i.imgur.com/16oD479.jpg

Forgeworld don't supply a way of mounting this particular mini to the flight stand so I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to do it.

I always wondered why the FW pics show it on a length of wire rather than a proper flight stand. 

Big magnets? Cut the 'x' off the top of the flight stand, embed a magnet in the top, embed the other magnet in the bottom of the Helblade? Otherwise you'll have to Dremel an x into the bottom of your model.

Forgeworld don't supply a way of mounting this particular mini to the flight stand so I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to do it.

I always wondered why the FW pics show it on a length of wire rather than a proper flight stand. 

Big magnets? Cut the 'x' off the top of the flight stand, embed a magnet in the top, embed the other magnet in the bottom of the Helblade? Otherwise you'll have to Dremel an x into the bottom of your model.

I'm going to get some 3mm electronics spacers, a length of 3mm threaded rod and then screw a spacer into the underside of the model and one into the base. I can then screw the rod to the base and the fighter to the rod. Until I work out how it all goes together though it's sitting on its landing gear in my display case.

@ DuskRaider: THAT'S A FANTASTIC MORTARION! :eek: *are you sure you want to swap the wings? those look awesome...*

The more I think about it, the more I'm probably going to keep the wings on him. The blend job isn't perfect, but overall they compliment the model well.

Well, I finished my Nurgle Sorcerer...here is just a quick shaky pic...

gallery_66914_10128_841549.jpg

and I am calling greenstufff work done on my Herald

gallery_66914_10128_281831.jpg

gallery_66914_10128_573539.jpg

gallery_66914_10128_801377.jpg

now it`s just priming and painting him. Also assembling and painting two Thousand Sons Sorcs, In under twp weeks. The Gods smile upon me^^

Just in case my previous question gets lost in the wall of posts... 

Actually, just a quick question. Idont think I will have all the parts needed for a couple of minis, would I be able to swap out the Spawn for a Vindicator and the Giant Spawn for a unit of 6 Terminators?

@ Metzombie: Well, 15 zombies sure shows a lot of commitment... now you need to do another 30! Don't want to be you at this point! :biggrin.:

The zombies are easy. The other stuff takes a lot more time but I finished two more models

The blighthauler

WIN 20171203 21 56 38 Pro

WIN 20171203 21 56 25 Pro

WIN 20171203 21 55 59 Pro (2)

WIN 20171203 21 55 40 Pro (2)

And the first of my deathshroud

WIN 20171203 21 55 40 Pro

WIN 20171203 21 55 59 Pro

Two more deathshroud and 30 zombies to go.

Last little push!

Hopefully I'll be able to to make the Deathshroud into Gravewardens, but I'm waiting on bits to arrive!

http://i63.tinypic.com/66ys1g.jpg

Hopefully it'll arrive in time otherwise I'll paint what I've got and swap arms later!

The Champion guy can double as a lord of Contagion, but I'll paint the standard one as well!

http://i64.tinypic.com/n3ohz6.jpg

I'll probably use manreaper on him to keep the scythey theme!

With the plague marines I finished the Death Guard models of my vow, some of them already showed before but I update them with their bases

7 Plague Marines
25048591058_9670642e18_z_d.jpg38204650434_42353a7c3c_z_d.jpg

Lord of Contagion, Noxious Bligtbringer
25048593018_3c5622f2f4_z_d.jpg38884396242_c7906715ab_z_d.jpg

Malignant Plaguecaster
38884394422_55089170a8_z_d.jpg

Foetid Bloat Drone, Hellbrute
38884397952_e1de1726a6_z_d.jpg25048594488_318830acc5_z_d.jpg

Only the 10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh are left, but I'm working on them
38884392792_1f390a778b_z_d.jpg