+++Call of Chaos X+++

Semper - Just to say that me calling my vows complete now.

I've got some transfer from Fallout hobby arrive. But I'm not sure when they will arrive, just got the email yesterday the order been sent but not sure how long order take from USA to UK. Really looking forward trying them out on my Land Raider & my Hellforge Predator, but aim that as something to do during the Christmas holidays.

But here are my vows, from my army log

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-project-black-crusade/page-5?do=findComment&comment=4948141

++Call of Chaos++

With Call of Chaos X nearly finish on the 15th December. I'm going to call my vows complete, just with a lot on for moment. There a few thing that need to get finish but it most like going to get done when my Christmas holidays start in two week time.

​So here the vows

1. Iron Warrior Predator
  2. Iron Warrior Predator
  3. Iron Warrior Land Raider
  4. Iron Warrior Land Raider
  5. Iron Warrior Exalted Champion
  6. Plague Terminator
  7. Plagueburst Crawler
  8. Tallyman
  9. Plague Surgeon
  10. Drone
  11. Foul Blightspawn
  12. Unit of Plague Marines
  13. Unit of Plague Maruies
  14. Putrifier

gallery_13342_13449_101897.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_133860.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_2929.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_158130.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_58285.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_74844.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_111949.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_118878.jpg

My first order with Fallout hobbies has been posted & I'm really looking forward to trying out the transfer. I'm just waiting on them & then it add weather powder, but unsure how long the order will take since there from the USA & arrive to the UK. So this will be something I'm aim on getting done during the Christmas holidays.
​I've order the Chaos transfer & the Chaos stencils which I'm really looking forward to using on future models for my Iron Warriors.

gallery_13342_13449_62175.jpg

Been apply the Forge World Space Wolf transfer to the side of the Space Wolves trophy, been inspired by the Viking tv series. So this is rep a oppent & friend I fought that Eternal Warrior event, which was a single day & first one up here ran with the 8th ed rules. It was a really great game & I've said I would get around to added a trophy base on there company.

gallery_13342_13449_51512.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_97292.jpg

Hellforge Predator going to be another one that will be finish during the Christmas holidays as that will also be using few of the transfer made by Fallout hobbies :biggrin.:

gallery_13342_13449_3335.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_70725.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_127332.jpg

So that it, another year, another Call of Chaos complete. Since 2012 has became a big event for my Iron Warriors to take part in.

So as said with my Christmas holidays starting soon. This is the time year I want to get more of my own hobby done. Right now I'm planning this, there a lot of things I want to try get done & setting a day or two aside.
​So this is one of them, my Forgefane squad I made two years ago. Pretty much it to get the Rhino finish. Seem to been when I painted it I think I put the models to one side & ended up forgetting about the Rhino until last month when I took the army wide photos of my Iron Warriors.

So I'm aim to get the Iron Warrior crew/combi bolter built soon. With the Rhino door, want to try get that done & I'm going to try out those transfer from fallout hobbies along with the Forge World Iron Warriors sheet.

gallery_13342_13449_126008.jpg

I also went to Warhammer World on Monday & Tuesday. As always it great to be that Warhammer World & get inspired by all the cool display. From my main board, the Bloodoath one & spend more time checking out the Nurgle vs Dark Angels display.

gallery_13342_13449_70161.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_107752.jpg

While there I pick up my second Contemptor Dreadnought & second Siege Dreadnought. Again there going to be built & painted during the Christmas holidays. It seem to have became traditions that I seem to end up painting Dreadnought this time of year. Since 2012 when I painted the Forge World Iron Warrior dreadnought on the 24th December.

​So just gathering the parts right now for the conversion. They will get built as soon as my holidays start.

gallery_13342_13449_136815.jpg

Also pick up some nice Khorne dice from Warhammer World. Going to pick up another set next time I'm there for my future World Eater force if & when new models are release!!!

med_gallery_13342_13449_57328.jpg

Then the third series of the Will of Iron comic arrive. I'm getting the complete second series which I missed out on for Christmas. Really looking forward to reading these during the Christmas holidays & get some ideas.

gallery_13342_13449_56316.jpg

Also I'm now planning on building a standard bearer for my Iron Warrior, a Battle Brother to carry the Grand Company standard. He will use the Lord rules or Exalted Champion rule & give me another HQ chose.
​Theme wise will be a veteran who carry this banner since the Siege of Terra. This is another model I'd like to plan & get built during the Christmas holidays. In fact work might be starting in the next few weeks on converting this model!!

Beetle Sprayed, the DP will follow... at this point I have no choice but to go with her as Semper hasn't replied as if her modified form is fine or not. Will have to assume the Icon of Slaanesh on her front works. Fortunately, it's just them. 

There are not perfect (and as an Emperor's Children it's hurt) and I will probably try some turquoise O.S.L. on those sonic weapon. But for now i call the squad of Noise Marine "My Gift of Silence" done :

Now i got 5 days to finish Lucius and avoid Spawnhoodiness..

Edited by DreamIsCollapsing

Narik Dreygur done. He features the first hazard stripes I did on an uneven surface and while I'm not perfectly happy, I'm happy enough. I also magnetized him to be able to swap weapons and backpack so I can use him as a Lord or Exalted Champion. 

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/CoC%2017/6b2ce85b-f005-4a77-8d34-92b3a3c31777.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/CoC%2017/th_20171210_174851.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/CoC%2017/th_20171210_174806.jpg

As for the raptors, although most of the parts are done, I fear it will be a close call. I don't know if I'll be able to get them done in time. I will try though.

Hey everybody, I know I have been pretty quiet during the event, but it turns out that I have had a lot going on in the past couple months.  I managed to finish Typhus, but I have barely touched the demonettes due to real life getting in the way.  Unfortunately with the speed I paint, it may be spawndom for me this year! :tongue.:  I'll try to get some pics up on friday.

I too am legit staring spawnhood in the face. It's a disconcerting feeling, first time I'll have failed a challenge. On the other hand, still got three days, I might get a swift kick up the backside. After all, it's half a Helbrute. How hard can it be?

Dragonlover

I too am legit staring spawnhood in the face. It's a disconcerting feeling, first time I'll have failed a challenge. On the other hand, still got three days, I might get a swift kick up the backside. After all, it's half a Helbrute. How hard can it be?

Dragonlover

I have faith in the Chaos gods that you'll get this complete.  What have you still got to paint on the Helbrute??

Dragonlover

At least you're not in my case. 2, and I'm going to be EXTREMELY busy tomorrow. And I have a Daemon Princess to paint.

Edited by Leonite

Well, I'm glad I didn't pledge more than two units this year. Here are both of my pledged units completed, I definitely didn't have time for a third.

Helbrute

AErz9RS.jpg

Converted Berzerkers

VX1nNKE.jpg

Sorry for the bad photos, with work I'm not going to be home again while the sun is up for natural light before the end of the event.

I've had several games with these guys since the event started and I'm glad to have put the work in for the Berzerkers - they've been a star for me the last couple games. I had good luck with the Helbrute early on in 8th but as people have adjusted to the rules, I've found him to be less effective.

And thanks to Captain Semper for continuing to host this event - it's always inspiring to see the models that are turned out. Looking forward to ETL.

My Call of Chaos vow is complete!!! Well, to be honest, it was completed about a week and a half ago, but I totally forgot to post it up on here. They were posted up on my own log but it slipped my mind to get them posted up on here too. Luckily I'm still in time (I think).

In my last Call of Chaos post I showed my Leviathan Dreadnought built and ready for paint, so here he is all painted up.

LU5Oh1s.jpg

WYuaG9y.jpg

zEEDM58.jpg

9lmrjOX.jpg

And here's some 'before' pics of the Chosen Champion.

NwJHw0d.jpg

HUwAXKV.jpg

Pi1iiRz.jpg

And some 'after' pics of him.

0dQ9ozU.jpg

DYiwH4l.jpg

And the whole lot of them all together!

9ZNXfgM.jpg

6x675Sa.jpg

So with that, I have completed my first ever Call of Chaos!

Edited by SystemSyn