+++Call of Chaos X+++

Are you sure none of the above are finished? Like the Termies? They look more finished than any of my "finished" work. And as regards the Cypher, I may still vow him. :wink:

If your allow under strength units?  But Terminators squads are now minimum of 5 models now instead of 3.  Just I'm not all that keen on the fly Terminator model that with this unit & aim on replace him with a few bit site selling the new Nurgle Terminator part. 

With the website being down over the weekend, I didn't have a chance to post pics of my first vow. I am here to rectify that. I took possession of Typhus and the Blightlords Friday night and immediate went to work on the models. As you can see, Typhus has been slightly converted for a more desirable pose:

2JskDuxh.jpg

Post-picture, I cut his right upper pauldron off and angled it to match the movement of his arm... I couldn't live with it as is.

Here are the Blightlords built. Not much to add, although I will say I love Fly Dude and he will also be the only one in this army... I will convert any others to hell and back before I have a clone in my force:

m8R7CiDh.jpg

As for the rest, they're older models which I had stripped using Simple Green and re-primed. They will make up the allied Daemon force to accompany my Third Grand Company:

UriIvVfh.jpg

irXzuGwh.jpg

pJ2Uyvrh.jpg

Finally, I'd like to revise my vow and add another model.... my third Bloat Drone. He's armed with Plaguespitters but they're removed for painting purposes:

nm74xY9h.jpg

That's my first vow... and now for an update (already!):

The Blightlords and Typhus already have paint. Once I had these guys together Friday night / Saturday morning I immediately got to work painting them. The pics aren't the best but since I wanted to do a Vow 1 Group Shot, I had to show these:

erhEuoUh.jpg

yqDc03Hh.jpg

And finally, the group photo:

s66VcxHh.jpg

Whew! What an exhausting first update...

Spent most of today relaxing, but as I haven't got anything better to do, I decided to sort out my units. However I noticed I have a lot of characters and decided it wouldn't feel right if I did ALL characters for mine... so once I sort out which ones I'm vowing I miht try to at least make the unit ratio 1:1 Big detailed units to small characters.

The only problem so far is deciding if I'm going to bet using Ahriman on a disk or a custom DP/GD conversion made from the Everqueen's model for Unit #6. Which I am leaning somewhat towards because the beetle is also being entered as a conversion into a Maulerfiend. It just means my Thousand Sons would be likely to be unrepresented at all unless I took out a Word Bearer.... which I could. Hmm. 

Soooo convoluted! :biggrin.: I say go for the custom conversion of the Everqueen... It's irony of it!

GENERAL NOTE: If you have yet to take your "before" pics, when you do, please edit them in your original vow post, so anyone could see them my clicking your name in the participants list.

I also had to remove the images from the quotes because they were too many for the post to go through...

Keep the good work going and for those who lurk: Come and join! 

UPDATED TO THAT POINT!

I decided I would... because this means both the Everqueen and her Beetle are in the challenge.

So. I Leonite answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 6 units - Slaanesh's sacred number! - including:

• 10 Peasant Cultists  Invalid due to Fantasy Models, replaced with 1 Exalted Sorcerer of Tzeentch
  • The Masque of Slaanesh Broken, replaced with Ahriman on Disk of Tzeentch
  • Mutated Word Bearer Sorcerer with a Jump pack 
  • Corphycus/Diabolist of the Word Bearers Legion (Terminator Lord/Sorcerer model. It's pretty obvious which. He has since lost part of his arm and had it reglued. Such is life)
  • Winged Daemon Princess of Slaanesh (Also Obvious)
  • Daemon Beetle (Maulerfiend)

before December 15th 2017. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Total Hedonism and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Pictures are:

50732S0.jpg

2ol6AjT.jpg

And the Updated extra image in a link

Edited by Leonite

Completions.

Unit #1 - Herald on foot

22449623_10208105581952384_1411262870892

Part unit #5 - ten Daemonettes

22448416_10208105580552349_6181629769425

Unit #9 - five Seekers

22406424_10208117398327786_7789114884247

Units 11 & 12 - Hellflayers 'before' pics posted in my OP

Edited by Res Ipsa Loquitur

Here's a Deathshroud with the start of the white armour going on!

I've also started on Mortarion. I got this as a birthday gift, quite unexpected, and am currently working on it for a painting course. Can I add this to my pledge Captain?!

Great start there... So you're going for white rather than the sickly green? Good choice. Brave choice may I add! And Mortarion? What Mortarion? :whistling:

I'm just a bit tight, if i do them in the Legion colours I can use them as both 40k and 30k! I will probably try to use them as late heresy, with the plague marines being vets or tactical squads.  

I like the opportunity white gives for weathering! I've a new DG WIP thread going on for more pics!

Here's a start on Morty, I've been painting him on an MKA course!

http://i65.tinypic.com/30bg0nm.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2djz6na.jpg

Fantastic progress so far! The quality of the work and the innovation is outstanding! Always a joy to run this event! :biggrin.:

Now a few moments:

@ DuskRaider: Typhus looks amazing! The dirtied whites is an art that lies way beyond my comprehension. I cannot event do clean white...  BTW I have edited in all your before pics in your original vow post so people can easily access them in case the browse this thread. Keep going!

@ tremblant: Yeap, they look the part alright! Get on with the bases then! :smile.:

@ Leonite: Well, it's good to see you committed finally. However a few things: I assumed that you do some 40k-fication on the fantasy minis - you should not use them straight out of the box. This may be some basic conversion work - even some basic bits exchange. The odd bolter here, the odd plasma pistol there... Or it could be an elaborate conversion work adding pipes and exhausts to the beetle (the maulerfiends are bio-technological constructs anyway) or some God-specific markings and colouring or whatever that will convey that this came out of the Eye of Terror and not from Athel Loren (or the equivalent AoS environment). I just want to make sure the there will be no display of AoS / Fantasy minis here, as the B&C has strict rules on the matter: it's a 40k/30k dedicated site and no other gaming systems may be displayed. However, conversion work is fine and encouraged. As far as the Masque goes, it goes without saying that you may substitute it if the mini is damaged. Use whatever other mini you want - Ahriman sounds yummy! :biggrin.:

@ fedratsailor: Fixed. :wink:

@ Res Ipsa Loquitur: WOW! That purple works very well with the grey of the skin! And the use of green as a spot colour for the Fiends is really making them stand out! Well played! Keep the pace - this is coming along beautifully! 

@ Scourged: That's fine: a unit is done when you say it's done. I have updated the first page accordingly! :smile.:

@ Kierdale: Your choice of colours is, as always, amazing! This is going to be interesting... :devil:

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: Yeap, Legion colours all the way. They are the most challenging option too, in my mind...

@ FirstSonofHorus: And you should be! Not only the blue is perfect, I think the basing really helps too... Rubric Marines FTW! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Fantastic progress so far! The quality of the work and the innovation is outstanding! Always a joy to run this event! :biggrin.:

Now a few moments:

@ DuskRaider: Typhus looks amazing! The dirtied whites is an art that lies way beyond my comprehension. I cannot event do clean white...  BTW I have edited in all your before pics in your original vow post so people can easily access them in case the browse this thread. Keep going!

@ tremblant: Yeap, they look the part alright! Get on with the bases then! :smile.:

@ Leonite: Well, it's good to see you committed finally. However a few things: I assumed that you do some 40k-fication on the fantasy minis - you should not use them straight out of the box. This may be some basic conversion work - even some basic bits exchange. The odd bolter here, the odd plasma pistol there... Or it could be an elaborate conversion work adding pipes and exhausts to the beetle (the maulerfiends are bio-technological constructs anyway) or some God-specific markings and colouring or whatever that will convey that this came out of the Eye of Terror and not from Athel Loren (or the equivalent AoS environment). I just want to make sure the there will be no display of AoS / Fantasy minis here, as the B&C has strict rules on the matter: it's a 40k/30k dedicated site and no other gaming systems may be displayed. However, conversion work is fine and encouraged. As far as the Masque goes, it goes without saying that you may substitute it if the mini is damaged. Use whatever other mini you want - Ahriman sounds yummy! :biggrin.:

@ fedratsailor: Fixed. :wink:

@ Res Ipsa Loquitur: WOW! That purple works very well with the grey of the skin! And the use of green as a spot colour for the Fiends is really making them stand out! Well played! Keep the pace - this is coming along beautifully! 

@ Scourged: That's fine: a unit is done when you say it's done. I have updated the first page accordingly! :smile.:

@ Kierdale: Your choice of colours is, as always, amazing! This is going to be interesting... :devil:

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: Yeap, Legion colours all the way. They are the most challenging option too, in my mind...

@ FirstSonofHorus: And you should be! Not only the blue is perfect, I think the basing really helps too... Rubric Marines FTW! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ahriman on a disk it is, I'll even pose him alongside my foot Ahriman when done! As for the models, just separating them means they're different from out of the box (The beetle is a MOUNT for some reason), but as that is a fair point, I'll add a Slaaneshi symbol to her to make her a bit more obvious, maybe some other parts from my Defiler or other unit sprues. Work on the conversions starts tonight after a bit of Doctor Strange

As for the beetle... well, I actually had plans for that. I can't exactly get away with branches, so all those are being trimmed of leaves, greenstuffed if needed... and becoming tendrils and tentacles. Also, the plan is to paint it with gold armoring and have the tendrils a nice demonic looking flesh colour - human style with a purple wash, same as my possessed. Buuut if I can fit it I'll get spare parts I'm not using to add to the Everqueen to make it look more 40k if I feel it's not enough.

Howdy Guys and Girls :smile.:

Finished the Nurglings this morning :happy.:

gallery_79873_10492_54706.jpg

Awww look at those cute lil faces (or Faeces if you dislike Nurgle). :wub:

Quick question regarding my vow.

My dread will be a possessed dread with a bit of the old body horror going on with the sarcophagus, a few dribbly wibbly wobbly fleshy bits here and there. The thing that is bugging me though is how would I incorporate the whole fleshcrafting/body horror thing over to other vehicles? Seems like a pointless task going for the whole Hellraiser/BH vibe with my mandollies then I plop down 'Generic purple Rhino #3' next to them.

My dread will be a possessed dread with a bit of the old body horror going on with the sarcophagus, a few dribbly wibbly wobbly fleshy bits here and there. The thing that is bugging me though is how would I incorporate the whole fleshcrafting/body horror thing over to other vehicles? Seems like a pointless task going for the whole Hellraiser/BH vibe with my mandollies then I plop down 'Generic purple Rhino #3' next to them. 

Well with what I'm doing for my beetle, I've taken some spare heads from other sprues, and some greenstuff, and had the metallic skin "buckling, damned souls it's consumed trying to escape. Maybe details along that line on Rhinos?

Well with what I'm doing for my beetle, I've taken some spare heads from other sprues, and some greenstuff, and had the metallic skin "buckling, damned souls it's consumed trying to escape. Maybe details along that line on Rhinos?
Ill add that to the list of ideas I have scribbled down. :tu:

Whats this beetle everyones on about? Not really been following fantasy since they ruined the setting. Some Wood Elf thingy?

Update time!

Reasonably productive week, its still going to be challenging to get everything finished for the tournament in 2 weeks. I have decided on an army list though:

Daemon Prince w wings, 2 x malefic talons, suppurating plate

Daemon Prince w wings, 2 x malefic talons

Helbrute w twin lascannon, missile laucher

Helbrute w twin lascannon, missile laucher

Helbrute w multimelta, ccw, twin bolter

7 Plague marines, Champion with plasma gun and plague sword, 2 x blight launcher

7 Plague marines, Champion with plasma gun and plague sword, 2 x plasma gun

7 Plague marines, Champion with plasma gun and plague sword, 2 x plasma gun

7 Plague marines, Champion with plasma gun and plague sword, 2 x meltagun, icon of despair

Should be a fun list, should be able to get most of the remaining models done next weekend as it's a long weekend here.

This week I finished painting my new Daemon Prince

ibd6Iag.jpg

xxK8PLH.jpg

881ssnD.jpg

Reasonably happy with how he turned out, my brush control has diminished being away from the hobby for so long, i'm going to need to practice edge highlighting.

Also assembled my Typhus, I hated the model when I saw it initially but on further inspection I hated just the molded on smoke, pastel paint scheme and the overly heroic pose with no cohesive direction. The first 2 points are easy enough to fix as the smoke/bugs are not required on the model, but its a challenge to fix his pose. As much as I appreciate having all these death guard releases, i'm a little frustrated with how difficult they are to convert. It seems like they are making it as hard as possible to even do simple conversion.

I ended up cutting up his arms and the arms of one of the deathshroud in an effort to replicated the pose of the old figure (Which I like immensely). This took far too long and I wouldn't do it again, in part because I cut my finger while removing the largest piece of the deathshroud's shoulder (Blood for the blood god). I had to fill a few gaps with greenstuff, I practiced sculpting chainmail in the gaps.

dCzY5hT.jpg

I like this pose a lot more. His head, nurgling on his waist and general direction of the model all line up a bit better, and he looks more like a corrupted champion of the plague god and not some statuesque space marine hero...

Another update in a week. 

Yeah, it's Alarielles mount. Absolutely gorgeous model.

First Helbrute is pretty much done, just gotta do the horns pretty much. Thinking of Incubi Darkness flesh on the second one, not sure what to do for the armour though.

Dragonlover

Quick wip pic of my drake, managed to get the trim based with brown

gallery_95896_12723_621395.jpg

Also, finished my 1st Bez squad complete :)

gallery_95896_12723_1099097.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_886031.jpg

not the best photo's, but ill sort better ones out soon (i promise) lol

edit: also Sempar I did update my vow list on my first post a while back and noticed is not updated on yours, I vowed:

1. Finish my 10 man Bezerker squad (hopefully thats ok)

2. 10 man suqad of cultists

3. 5 Man havoc squad

4. Fabius Bile (might do this via convesion) ... this will be my tip of the hat to Slanesh

5. Bezerker squad 2 (chainswords/BP)

6. Helldrake (strip and repaint)

Edited by Sagentus

Jeez thats a big Beetle.I want one :wub:

Yeah, it's Alarielles mount. Absolutely gorgeous model.

First Helbrute is pretty much done, just gotta do the horns pretty much. Thinking of Incubi Darkness flesh on the second one, not sure what to do for the armour though.

Dragonlover

Big doesn't even do it justice. Here's an in progress picture of my converting of it - with still at least a night or two of greenstuffing and at least some more glue to fix the jaw and add more details. Because I need to either replace the foliage, or make it look like techno-organic scarring.

4uRIQRy.jpg

Not shown: The Laud Hailer stuck over the Wood Elf logo on his front, the Daemonette head trying to force her way out and so on. The idea being that it's not just a fusion of Daemon and Machine in a very Soulgrinder sort of way, but also like a walking temple, hence the hanging gargoyle heads which are meant to convey the idea of a charging temple of Chaos.