Brother_B's Admech project

brother_b

Hello all, long story short, my son has joined me in playing the new edition and for a while it looked like he would follow the ruinous powers. Fortunately for the Imperium, he decided giant crab tanks and robots are too cool.

I bought the start collecting skitari box and it just arrived. I am looking at the Dominus and his entry in the codex (which I also bought).

So, what the heck do the weapon options look like? There are no pictures in the codex so I don't know the difference between a macrostubber, volkite blaster, eradication ray, and phosphor serpentia.

Any help?

Okay, I just checked google image and found pictures of the weapons. I had no idea there were drawings, it looks like they came from a previous edition.

Anyway, I'm sure more questions will crop up so see you all around!

Edited by brother_b

Phosphor serpenta looks like a revolver, macrostubber looks like a machine gun, eradication ray looks like it has a weird satellite dish at the end, and volkite blaster has a rounded barrel with ribbed sides.

Indeed, welcome to the AdMech subforums!  Feel free to snap a pic if you're not sure about one wargear item or another.  I guarantee you'll get more responses than you can handle :)

The Omnissiah's faithful are nothing if not dilligent!  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

So. To base or not to base, that is the question.

Seriously, I am building an onager and the base is giant, like I can eat pizza off this thing giant.

Is everybody basing the onagers, or are some of you leaving them off the base? I only ask due to concerns that they'll be unstable on a table that uses lots of fill terrain (rocks/gravel/moss/) or smaller terrain pieces.

Anyway, just wanted to get a take on this.

Most batreps i;ve seen on youtube have the bases missing, as the four legs give the model good balance and can be difficult to glue to the base unless you put the "feet" down.

Also it pulls down the model's "occupied space" by an inch or so.  Not helpful for "Deep Strike" denial but nice for reducing the model's footprint for targeting by enemy units.  Some could consider leaving the base off as modelling for advantage, but since it helps and hurts I say to each their own.  I personally left mine on but that's because I wanted to use up all the Martian Ironearth I bought and I ran out of other models :P

Is leaving it off the base legal, strictly speaking? It's not a fly/hover model so everything is measured from the base, not the hull.

Both mine are based, I used superglue to stick the legs (without the footplates) and they have held fine. Plastic glue seemed to struggle to bond such a small area.

I have left mine off the base, but magnetize the feet. This was mainly due to playing in 7th there was no way it would fit on any terrain/buildings. Now in 8th it can't go in buildings I am thinking of sticking it to the base. Mainly because the base is so big I went quote scenic with it. I would say if your playing in a competitive scene then having it on the base is probably best

• 4 weeks later...

So, I changed the title to reflect what I'd like to post here: my admech project and any questions that go along with that.

Anyway, I've been working on my army, I've got a full unit of 10 vanguard in the works. After that, my engineseer and an Onager. I've decided to run a Stygies VIII army.

Cheers!

med_gallery_101149_13675_65352.jpg

Oh man, those colors work really well together. Well done!

Thank you, much appreciated coming from a great painter like yourself.

I am the one that does the painting, and the modeling, even though my boy claims the army as his.

Little does he know that ALL the armies are mine! lol

Is leaving it off the base legal, strictly speaking? It's not a fly/hover model so everything is measured from the base, not the hull.

Both mine are based, I used superglue to stick the legs (without the footplates) and they have held fine. Plastic glue seemed to struggle to bond such a small area.

No it is not "legal". So it is with your opponents permission. Removing the base offers some advantages game wise..Which is why is have made mine with bases, even though they are super sized. 

No it is not "legal". So it is with your opponents permission. Removing the base offers some advantages game wise..Which is why is have made mine with bases, even though they are super sized. 

This is good to know. I'll probably magnetize the feet, thereby allowing me to remove if they ever go walking (scuttling?) over broken ground. Cheers!

I love them, if not only for the excellent glow effect (hits all the right buttons for me)  :smile.:

Thanks, I feel I still have a long way to go. I have chosen to depict each weapons glow a bit differently. Green for the radiation from the carbines, red for the arc rifle, and of course blue for plasma.

I'll hopefully get the arc rifle done soon so I can post that.

How did you produce that nice dark bronze colour? Are those GW paints? I really like the contrast between the armour and the bright glowing parts. My Adeptus Mechanicus are too saturated to get a contrast like that.

You're making me very angry as that Skitarii scheme is like the one I was going to do and it looks awesome :tongue.:

Brother, Forge Worlds are big places. The Imperium is a big place. Even in these darkened times, the Omnissiah emits more than enough Motive Force for all of the faithful to be blessed, regardless of the color of their cloaks or the alloy of their armor.

(Besides, until something changes in our options, we're all citizens of mostly Mars or Stygies VIII :) )