Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brother_B's Admech project

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Clingy

Clingy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 358 posts
Looking good!
  • brother_b likes this

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 888 posts

It’s been a long while friends. Things slowed down due to health and work. I’m back at it though having joined a slow growth league at the FLGS. My plan is too fully complete my first ever painted army, Admech. BA, Tau, and the sinister Kraken Kurt will wait for now.

The league started with a 500 point game. I took an infantry heavy list with no real heavy weapons. I hoped for power armor adversaries and dreaded facing armor. Of course I got guard as an opponent. I wasn’t able to destroy his tanks, I didn’t even target them. I did wipe out his infantry, but he did the same to me. In the end he won the game, he was not able to defeat my Dominus though. In fact I have switched to Lucius and his main guns were auto cannons. I ignored the armor penetration and made my saves.

The other opponents look fairly Imperium heavy, with a couple space wolves, 2-3 IG, a GSC, and some Nurgle.

Here was my list. I’ll probably drop TA rangers and add another unit of vanguard. I’ll then drop the grav katapbrons and pick up an onager.

Photos to follow of my new Manipulus and a shot of the battle today.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [34 PL, 500pts, 8CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Forge World Choice: Forge World: Lucius

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 92pts]: Phosphor Serpenta, Relic (Lucius): The Solar Flare, Volkite Blaster
. Warlord: Warlord Trait (Lucius): Superior Bionics

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

+ Troops +

Kataphron Destroyers [10 PL, 153pts]
. Kataphron Destroyer: Heavy Grav-Cannon, Phosphor Blaster

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 77pts]: Omnispex
. Ranger Alpha: Arc Maul, Galvanic Rifle
. 2x Skitarii Ranger
. 2x Skitarii Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic Arquebus

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 58pts]: Omnispex
. 3x Skitarii Vanguard
. Skitarii Vanguard (Plasma Caliver): Plasma Caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

+ Elites +

Sicarian Infiltrators [6 PL, 90pts]
. Infiltrator Princeps
. . Flechette Blaster and Taser Goad: Flechette Blaster, Taser Goad
. 4x Sicarian Infiltrator (Flechette/Taser): 4x Flechette Blaster, 4x Taser Goad

++ Total: [34 PL, 8CP, 500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edit: Yes that's two Leman Russes and 30+ infantry at 500 points. Oh well. I could have and should have brought an Onager. Next time! I do like Lucius now, I may occasionally run Stygies, especially if I get some Dragoons painted and ready. I just really like the deep strike option and the ignore -1 AP is a nice bonus. The Solar Flare is an ace item and allows for some sweet repositioning of your Tech Priest Dominus.

med_gallery_101149_13675_134644.jpg

Edited by brother_b, 17 March 2019 - 03:36 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 888 posts

Here's a WIP of my Tech Priest Manipulus. I've finished the screen, I just haven't "installed" it yet. I'm kind of hesitant to do it, actually, I like the look of the model as it is.

med_gallery_101149_13675_260229.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_61499.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_328103.jpg

I must say it's nice to be back to painting and hobbying. More to come as the forge world starts to ramp up production.

• Focslain and Battybattybats like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,043 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Manipulus looks great!
  • brother_b likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,759 posts

Lovely colours, he looks sweet!

• brother_b likes this

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 888 posts

I painted these guys for a slow growth league. We just fought at 750 points. I lost a close match to a GSC army. The first game I had no real anti-tank against astra militarum. The second game I had a hard time dealing with his light vehicles (he had a bunch)  and infantry. Just not enough shots going out. I've got two weeks to come up with something at the 1000 point level. I'm 0-2 but have accumulated points based on having an entirely painted army.

I've got another 5 rangers, a plasma vanguard, TUA ranger, and Arc rifle ranger in the painting queue. I've got another leader with taser goad and phosphor pistol. I've also got 6 Kataphron destroyers primed and ready for paint. I'm finishing a second engineseer for a low points HQ option. I may go with the Vigilus detachment and paint up some servitors and try and run some Kataphrons (Kataphri?).

I think a really interesting option at 1000 points may be to put in a dragoon. I own one model, new in box. He's a pretty sweet distraction too.

On a side note, those D6 hand flamers are super legit at taking out low toughness models. He erased my vanguard easily with just 5 hybrid acolytes.

med_gallery_101149_13675_602611.jpg

My first vanguard leader with melee capability: an arc pistol and power sword. Didn't even get to swing with him. <sigh>

Edited by brother_b, 31 March 2019 - 03:32 PM.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,043 posts
Your Skitarii look good in black.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 888 posts

I've slowly been adding to the army. I've got a new engineseer who's been put in charge of maintaining the Onagers, selecting the appropriate unguents, and placating the oft difficult machine spirits.

med_gallery_101149_13675_560278.jpg

• Magos Takatus and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,043 posts
Excellent work on the Enginseer.
  • brother_b likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users