The Ashen Wardens - A 40k Primaris Marine Army

Hi gang!

I wanted to share with you some photos from my most recent project. Having recently spent a lot of time working on the original legions and their colours (specifically Iron Hands, White Scars, Night Lords and Iron Warriors), I decided it was time to come up with my own scheme when looking at starting a Primaris force. Alas, this produced a contingent of marines I like to call 'The Ashen Wardens'.

I managed to get this 1500 point force painted up within 6 weeks, no mean feat for me as I'm usually a very slow painter.

To inaugurate this new chapter of marines, a good friend and I played a narrative campaign tree based on the one found in the new rule book and had a blast creating the back story for this newly forged band of warriors as they came face to face with a branch of Mortarion's forces following their defeat at Konor. Ultimately the Wardens emerged victorious!

Who knows what deeds these heroic warriors will undertake in the months and years to come, but for now, please enjoy these photographs I took of the models in all their resplendent glory.

4ICO9LU.jpg

IprZqHQ.jpg

gc9RcAH.jpg

YxxFq3D.jpg

SofAPWw.jpg
KFxCHNI.jpgIzNjsnr.jpg
B8VWJPl.jpgwxUripG.jpg
Bnq6yiz.jpg
MF08ttR.jpg

Really, REALLY nice

Thanks man!

Excellent work, but why are the Marines' right pauldrons blank? So the commissioner may reassign them from Command to Assault to Devastator to Etc., as necessary? To prevent enemy snipers from identifying them as priority targets?

Haha, well - the main reason is actually that I've never done codex markings by battlefield role myself, but in the fluff for these guys it has more to do with them all being multi-disciplined combatants with no fixed role. 

Stellar painting. I wasn't sold on the original librarian model when it was first released. I am now though!

Oh, wow - well thats a compliment! I should be on commission or something :wink:  Hah. Glad you like them!

Excellent painting and choice of colours. The grey with red trim really works well. Did you paint the Redemptor's part assembled?

Thank you, brother. I was very happy with my test model - the combo really spoke to me. I did indeed paint them in various sub assemblies. It was easier in the long run, I think!

These are amazing, sir! My own home brew chapter sports very similar colors. Just a darker shade of Grey. I hope my Primaris turn out half as good as yours when I start painting them.

Well thank you very much indeed! Ah thats great, its a really nice colour combo. I'm sure yours will turn out just grand. Be sure to post them up when you get some done!