Terminators, teleport homers and captains

Rogue

Hello

Terminator squads come with homers. Terminator captains don't, and have no option to buy one.

Does that mean that if I have a Captain accompanying a squad, the squad can teleport back out, but the captain gets left behind?

Thanks

Pretty sure you know what he means guys.

Yes any Character (or any other unit for that a matter) will be left behind as they are not part of the unit that took a teleport homer - it will only work on the Terminator Squad it belongs to.

Playing an older edition?

An important distinction to make when bringing it up, don't you think.

In the current rules there is no way for a Captain to join a unit of Terminators, unlike the last 4 editions.

In this case, I assume "accompanying" is shorthand for "staying within 6" to grant auras to the squad".

A pretty far assumption.  But even farther out is why one would possibly think the Captain's Aura would have anything to do with another unit carrying the Captain along in its special rules without actually referencing any other unit.

You know what I think? I think I've seen the same question about what was meant by the original inquiry three times and that in the past participants in things like this have been considered for sanction.

I think what we should all do now is relax and go ponder something else while we wait for the thread starter to return and either supplement his inquiry or thank us for trying to help him.

In this case, I assume "accompanying" is shorthand for "staying within 6" to grant auras to the squad".

A pretty far assumption. But even farther out is why one would possibly think the Captain's Aura would have anything to do with another unit carrying the Captain along in its special rules without actually referencing any other unit.

I was just referring to how the OP worded it.

I'm not personally questioning the Captain not teleporting with the squad.

Yeah. I didn't want to feel like this was necessary, but given that we've decided to ignore the soft close/hard nudge I guess I'll deploy the chains.

Rogue, if you wish to extend this question, let me know and I'll unlock it for you.

As much as we might wish to think speculating on the intent of the original question is on topic, unless it's accompanied by some useful commentary related to rules interpretation, it's not. I can see that some of us would drift off in this direction, so, we're not going to let that happen.

Archived