CCCP IV: Poll Thread and Initial Discussion (The Taurans)

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I

If Eldar come, we will fight until the end

If Orks come, we will fight and battle

If Tyranids come, we will fight and rage

If Traitors come, we will fight and obliterate

I

II

If you come as Dragons, we will become as Stormhawks and tear you down

If you come as Giants, we will face you with fleet and strong armour

If you come with evil intentions, we will end you

II

III

Ten of us will strike you like thunder

One hundred of us will crush your hearts

One thousand of us will kill and annihilate

Ten thousand of us will hand you the wrath of Heaven

III

IV

If you come flying, we will scatter you to the wind

If you come swarming, we will trample you with steel hooves

If you come charging, we will gore you with iron horns

If you come as flood, we will fight unto death

IV

V

Let's burn them with the hearts of bulls

Let's stampede them with our armour

Let's defeat them with the wisdom of our Great Khan, Jaghatai

V

- Taurans war song

From a tone poem of the Hu Warband

When a friend sent me Wolf Totem by The HU, I immediately thought of the White Scars and with just a few changes fit it to the Taurans. I was going for something that the Taurans might sing before battle and during their pilgrimage to the homeworld as well as something that would tie them to their primogenitor chapter. I hope it worked and I hope you like it.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

• 2 weeks later...

I see we've had some views, but alas, no comments:sad.: Weeell, I'll continue regardless...…..

From the feedback I have gotten I think we've locked down the general force structure of the Taurans. 

I'm going to start concentrating my Tauran time on summarizing what we have so far submitted for chapter lore from all members. If anyone has ideas to add please submit it and I'll include it in the summary. Hopefully, this will give us a convenient and concise post for everyone to look at without having to read the entirety of this discussion. I'm shooting to have something useful for you before the end of May. I'm sorry to be so slow with this, but the real world calls and I must answer. 

As usual, all constructive feedback is welcome. Please feel free to add your ideas for lore and character background (characters both great and small). If anyone has a short story, that would be most welcome too:yes:

I'll leave you with some ship names:

• The Iron Bull (battle barge and flagship) 
  • The Lion at Dawn (strike cruiser)
  • Furyborn (strike cruiser)

PEACE:biggrin.: 

I'm going to start concentrating my Tauran time on summarizing what we have so far submitted for chapter lore from all members. If anyone has ideas to add please submit it and I'll include it in the summary. Hopefully, this will give us a convenient and concise post for everyone to look at without having to read the entirety of this discussion. I'm shooting to have something useful for you before the end of May. I'm sorry to be so slow with this, but the real world calls and I must answer.

I'll leave you with some ship names:

• The Iron Bull (battle barge and flagship)
  • The Lion at Dawn (strike cruiser)
  • Furyborn (strike cruiser)

PEACE:biggrin.:

-pops head in-

Brother Lunkhead, your diligence is an example to all. This son of Dorn approves. :thumbsup:

A summary post with everything would be fantastic to prevent trawling through miles of pages, I think we do need to focus on the nitty gritty of the Nova Terra Interregnum itself and the consequences in the aftermath as that points to why the Taurans are so distant and different in their standard structure etc.

I was thinking the Taurans were caught in a loyalty debt akin to the Executioners in the Badab Crisis. They were oathed to aid a specific person of high rank in their original homeworld's sector and acted to aid them to uphold their honour and debt, but it turned out to be on the wrong side of the hostilities to Terra. Thus the consequence, forfeit of their homeworld and a penance crusade that remade the chapter into who they are now.

Some other major conflicts or incidents would be a tasteful add too. Could be the usual subjugations of disloyal/tainted systems to help further lift their weight of guilt from the Nova Terra Interregnum or a major disaster that affected command structure and helped create the Bullguard.

Regarding the ship names, Lion at Dawn seems a little out of place as they are not DA successors, Iron Bull is a great flagship name and Furyborn is a good old generic name of power and Space Marineyness Edited by Brother Cambrius

Hail Brother Cambrius,

Bless you for your kind words and thoughtful input:yes:

Agreed on the Nova Terra Interregnum focus...… As all of their problems and transformations begin with this, that was my plan. 

Your idea of the honor debt conflict sounds like a winner idea. I do want to handle the Taurans' transgressions carefully because I want them to be able to hold on to their homeworld at the end of their crusade, or at least have it rewarded back to them. My reasons are as follows...…

1. I want them to be able to return and destroy their fortress monastery...… a powerful symbol of throwing off the mantle of the old chapter and returning to space as a crusading fleet.
  2. The Taurans still hold the world as a protectorate and a spiritual home where they return every 25 years (or whatever standard time span) to inter their dead, lay down offerings from their campaigns to the spirits of the world, and regale the stories of chapter glories and shame for all to learn from.
  3. Neophytes are bonded to the spirit and traditions of the Taurans here by the Chaplains and Librarians.

I'll relay all ideas members have come up with in my summary and I'll mark everything that has been finalized. 

Lion at Dawn...… I liked the name but also felt it was a bit awkward. I was going for the African plains feel. I tried a lot of variations on bull and bull parts, but they all sounded rather silly to me:teehee: I do like your ship names a lot.... we should keep those.

Your markings for the Bullguard look perfect.... clear, uniform, and simple:thumbsup:

We are still getting regular views on this post but no comments. Perhaps if you messaged some of our past participants some might return. In the mean time, development of the summary is going well and I should have a comprehensive post by the end of the month (would have it sooner, but real world..... you know).

Speaking of the real world.... I'm outta here:biggrin.:

"As upon the plains of Chogoris, so unto the void eternal."

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am again, just like a bad habit:wink:

As the Nova Terra Interregnum is going to play an important role in the forming of the Taurans I'm posting some links that might be helpful for anyone wanting to develop potential fluff. It's a wide open 900 year conflict with a lot of blank space.... perfect for our purposes. Links are as follows:

Nova Terra Interregnum

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nova_Terra_Interregnum

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Nova_Terra_Interregnum

Segmentum Pacificus

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Segmentum_Pacificus

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Segmentum_Pacificus

Also, here are some of the goings on in the Imperium and the galaxy during the Taurans early years:

M34

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/M34

M35

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/M35

M36

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/M36

It's not too late to add your two cents, so let's hear from you:yes: I'm still shooting for month's end to have the outline..... wish me luck:dry.:

Enjoy:biggrin.:

Completely lost track to this one. Need to catch up but it's looking pretty good thus far.

But why's the title of the thread changed? Oo

*edit*

May I propose something?

This thread is already quite long with the first half only about deciding on which chapter to work with.

Would it be feasible to start a new thread with all decided and "set" stuff in order to have a better overview over the project? With the first posts being the place to add new stuff, etc. just like a "regular" homebrew article?

And then continue with the pending issues? Think that this kind of "cleaning" would be a good thing to continue. Maybe add an announcement in the News & Rumours sub forum, stating that we/you/ the Liber has decided to work on a canon chapter, namely the Taurans. That way you'd might have new participating members and the project itself gets some attention.

I mean, we already got some great things happening over here like the Dornian Heresy or the Brotherhood of the Lost just to name a few. The Taurans would be a great addition to the BnC tradition of creation. :)

Edited by Kelborn

Thanks for the support; it might be an idea now for the Moderati to close this thread so we can move forward on the next.

If and if there's another community driven chapter creation project, should it focus on ultima founding?

=][=

Per request from Commissar Molotov, we are locking down this thread. Commissar Molotov has created a new, updated Taurans Project thread and closing this one will prevent loss and duplication of  new posts as well prevent confusion on where to post. Please  check out the new Taurans thread and support Molotov in this worthy effort.

=][=