CCCP IV: Poll Thread and Initial Discussion (The Taurans)

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brotherhood of a Thousand

Now I recall a cool idea we had last time we were planning on a collaboration and these guys came up. I think the concept revolved around each Battle Brother no longer having a name when they ascend from the Scout Company and are given a number that is available from 1-1000.

Cambrius

Throw in another vote for the Celebrants. The colour scheme and the tone of their own name invites ideas that are out of the norm for most DIY Chapters, imo. You don't see a great deal of "boisterous" Chapters... :happy.:

So long as they aren't the stereotypical frat-boys I'm looking forwards to seeing if we choose them. Just no Venerable-Bro Kegsters and such, please. :P

Cambrius

So long as they aren't the stereotypical frat-boys I'm looking forwards to seeing if we choose them. Just no Venerable-Bro Kegsters and such, please. :tongue.:

Good grief, I hope they never turn out to be like that, whether by us or GW. I wouldn't be able to live it down. :wink:

I think the concept revolved around each Battle Brother no longer having a name when they ascend from the Scout Company and are given a number that is available from 1-1000.

I think I remember reading that. Interesting idea. Very interesting. Unique probably, too.

I think the concept revolved around each Battle Brother no longer having a name when they ascend from the Scout Company and are given a number that is available from 1-1000.

I think I remember reading that. Interesting idea. Very interesting. Unique probably, too.

Perhaps the naming structure could mirror the way Talos, from the Night Lords Omnibus, named his slaves. Primus, Secundus, etc. 

If so, I really don't want to be the 1000th brother. ^^

That's the thing, certain numbers are held with esteem or despised. The famous Chapter Masters carrying the number 434 and the maligned and cursed number 993, who has been found wanting in loyalty twice. Such potential.

Cambrius

If so, I really don't want to be the 1000th brother. ^^

That's the thing, certain numbers are held with esteem or despised. The famous Chapter Masters carrying the number 434 and the maligned and cursed number 993, who has been found wanting in loyalty twice. Such potential.

Cambrius

You get me. :wub:

Perhaps even the geneseed could be numbered with marines being proud or ashamed of their previous owner. Numbers could even be removed as you alluded to. 

Edit - Second sentence. 

Edited by Sun Reaver

I suppose I still get a vote:

Vorpal Swords

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Vorpal_Swords

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/6/67/VorpalSwords.jpg/200px-VorpalSwords.jpg

In mid-M37, the Chapter was among those declared by Saint Basillius to be lacking in faith and was subsequently condemned to the Abyssal Crusade in the Eye of Terror. The Chapter survived the expedition however, and Chapter Master Konvak Lann led a purge against Saint Basillius' status within the Imperium.

During the Gheistos Cataclysm in M41, the Vorpal Swords assisted in stopping a Daemonic incursion of the planet Gheistos. The Vorpal Swords deployed via Drop Pods at multiple sites across the planet. One assault attempted to relieve the Planetary Governor's Fortress but was attacked by the rampaging Bloodthirster Skarbrand. Another assault on the Devlan space port surrounded the Daemonic forces and succeed in closing a major Warp Rift.
Edited by Minigiant

Celebrants could indeed be very cool.

I was reminded, when I went to put my own work into developing the Destroyers not long back, that it seems more likely than not that the WS Second Founding Chapters are likely to be fleshed out to some degree in coming Heresy novels. Is this something we want to consider before choosing the Marauders?

I'd personally love to work on them but the last thing we want to do is waste our time of course.

Seems like I need to get the latest White Dwarf.

There are several new Primaris chapters, right?

The 'Create Your Own Chapter' section has four Primaris Chapters, including the Sons of the Phoenix. The Necropolis Hawks, the Void Tridents and . . . Castellans of the Rift?

The Celebrants have been getting some sudden support, and I like the idea behind it.

Edited by Conn Eremon

The forum shutdown over the weekend has delayed me, but I will update soon.

My preferred approach at the moment would be to avoid a 27th Founding Chapter. This could however be a futile ground for a future CCCP to cover.

My preferred approach at the moment would be to avoid a 27th Founding Chapter. This could however be a futile ground for a future CCCP to cover.

Agreed, let's get a bit more history to play with in the sandbox.

CCCP? I hadn't realised the LIBER was part of the Soviet Union! -eyes the Commisars suspiciously- :ph34r:

:P

CUrrently from the options, I think Celebrants or Brotherhood of a Thousand.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

The forum shutdown over the weekend has delayed me, but I will update soon. My preferred approach at the moment would be to avoid a 27th Founding Chapter. This could however be a futile ground for a future CCCP to cover.

Fair enough. My vote goes to Brotherhood of a Thousand. 

I feel like staying away from the 27th makes more sense for now, too.

It seems like we're closing in on our potential choices here, but I'm going to throw another hat in the ring here just in case:

I've always found the Storm Wings quite compelling for some reason. The combination of the few facts and visuals we have on them seems like it could have some real potential. Anyone feel the same?

If not I'm all in on the Celebrants.

The forum shutdown over the weekend has delayed me, but I will update soon. My preferred approach at the moment would be to avoid a 27th Founding Chapter. This could however be a futile ground for a future CCCP to cover.

While it was my suggestion, I do agree 100% agree

Libators

en6JOdq.jpg

Almost nothing is known about this Chapter other than that they are a Second Founding Chapter of the Ultramarines Legion. Their chapter symbol is that of a chalice, and it would be interesting to consider what that symbolism represents. As with the Marauders, we have the slight issue that they might be covered in a future FW text and this could preclude us from taking them on. 

Exemplars

R5EAeWV.jpg

There is nothing about these Marines other than the colour scheme, which seems to suggest that the Exemplars adhere to the Codex Astartes. Their Chapter symbol is a bit of an oddity. I wonder if they are a non-Ultramarine Chapter that has devoted itself to upholding the ideal of what the Astartes should be. This could lead to some conflict with 'true' Ultramarine successors, who see them as upstart pretenders. 

Marauders

JZcqZk2.jpg

Although the Marauders have had a small and limited mention in Forge World books, we know nothing else of them other than the fact that they were a second founding of the White Scars. As mentioned with the Libators, we have the slight issue that they may be covered by the Horus Heresy background, and it might be better for us to leave them. 

Sons of Antaeus

Apparently nearly impervious Astartes from the 21st Founding. Little for us to go on here. (Though this is blank slate for us.)  

Halo Dragons

pkHBE37.jpg

Nothing on these guys really, other than that they fought against the Tau after the Ultramarines called them to battle. 

Night Watch

ip5EmxY.jpg

The Night Watch - if we can avoid lazy Game of Thrones references - could be interesting. They also fought against the Tau and pledged eleven Companies in the thirteenth Black Crusade. This suggests they don't have a true Codex structure.

Tauran

OnqdAqh.jpg

Could be interesting to differentiate them from the Minotaurs?

White Panthers

sXVP9js.jpg

I've liked the White Panthers since the third edition Codex, when they were mentioned eradicating a planetary defense network. They might be of some use for us in this project. 

Celebrants

2hF8aD0.gif

The Celebrants seem to have garnered a great deal of support - as a Chapter that fought in the Third Armageddon War they are interesting for us. Some mention of how they might revel in warfare - celebrate their position, which is a change from some of the very dark and grim Chapters we create. 

Brotherhood of a Thousand

FEsokUF.jpg

I feel like this is a little bit of a limited concept - and perhaps one that's a little over-developed, which limits its role in our project. Still, there's something we could do here to differentiate them from the Thousand Sons. 

So - ten Chapters. We will not accept any further Chapters, in an attempt to streamline the project. What are peoples' thoughts here? It seems to me that the frontrunners are the Celebrants or the Brotherhood of a Thousand, but I would love to hear peoples' ideas about any of these Chapters.  

Is that an Inquistorial symbol on the Night Watch?

Edit: Nevermind looked at it full on the Lexicanum article, still seems Inquistiony.

Edited by Heru