Rumours of Sisters of Battle in 2018

Banjulhu

Boob plate and high heeled power armour should not be part of the aesthetic going forward. You can’t fight in high heels and armour with a “boob plate” design actually focuses force onto the sternum, making it hazardous to wear - in fact if you fell over wearing it, it could do you some serious damage!

Adepta Sororitas armour design is all about the delicate designs and intricate workings, however it should still be practical armour. Remember we are talking about the Daughters of the Emperor, not the Brides.

Guarantee the new Celestine and geminae models would be the aesthetic we'd see if plastic happens.  Personally I like the boob plate.  It is an iconic look of the sisters- save for the Cannoness and Mistress model boob plate- thats just rediculous XD I don't give two hoots about the imagined functionality of my imaginary girls running around an imaginary battlefield shooting imaginary guns.  My suspension of disbelief kicks in and I like the current aesthetic.  I would be disappointed if they did away with it.  Anything short of what they have now is just marines and frankly, the last thing we need is to look like those inferior vagabonds.

Boob plate and high heeled power armour should not be part of the aesthetic going forward. You can’t fight in high heels and armour with a “boob plate” design actually focuses force onto the sternum, making it hazardous to wear - in fact if you fell over wearing it, it could do you some serious damage!

Assuming the interior mirrors the exterior and the armor rests against the body.

I would like to see boob-plate remain for Sisters of Battle power armor.  Besides, the linked GW post could just as easily refer to Guards, Eldar and other armies.

Assuming the interior mirrors the exterior and the armor rests against the body.

I would like to see boob-plate remain for Sisters of Battle power armor. Besides, the linked GW post could just as easily refer to Guards, Eldar and other armies.

Armour does not hug your anatomy! When I’m competing in martial arts tournaments, my box doesn’t snugly cup my genitals! What it does is provide a nice armoured case around them to keep the protected! The exact same is true for a breastplate and thus for power armour.

I have no issue with anyone liking the current aesthetic - hell, I think the miniatures are amazing and they are my primary 40k army! I would just like to see them updated to something practical.

If they change the aesthetic of Sisters models I certanly wouldn't be buying any. Probably not likely too at any rate if they ever do come up with new Sisters. If they change the size, or the aesthetic, the differences would stick out too much and I know that would drive me nuts.

I hope they create a sexy (but still realistically so) line of in-proportion Sisters. Yes, keep the "boob plate!" Nothing in 40K makes any sense, so forget about armour not designed to look like anatomy. This is the setting of World War 1 trench warfare with bayonet charges within a military that has access to planet destroying starships.

Sisters are supposed to be the subject of awe and inspiration to those who see them, filling Guardsmen and others with vigor and pride.

I don't want an SJW pandering line of masculine women with no curves or femininity. We're too concerned with potentially attracting some easily offended women into the hobby when it's not going to make a difference. In England we have leagues for women's football teams but women don't care to watch or know about it. Funny enough the women I've shown models to really like Celestine and the Gemini twins, and hate more masculine third party alternatives.

I want the line to stay true to the original ideas.

In topics like this, there always seems to be an odd conflation of feminists, sjw, and women.

Not all women are SJW or Feminists

And most feminists aren't even the crazy man-hating dang the patriarchy Big Red types.

I personally love the current aesthetic of sisters, boob plate and power heels all the way. If you don't like them, feel free to convert away from that. The dreamforge panzerjagers were a good nonboob plate but still feminine model, and there are a ton of ways you could change the plastic (or even metal) sisters away from that. Sisters really aren't even close to the worst in terms of 'objectified' in Games Workshops catalogue, and are definitely pretty tame compared to most mini companies.

If the new models follow the lead of the gemini they'll be fine.

Though the Celestians could do with something a little more distinct, either engraved and embellished or perhaps the variant armour type from the cover of the WH book. Painting helmets a different colour to distinguish veterans is such a 2nd edition thing :p

I'll believe it when there's an official announcement. I got into 40k because of the Sisters, but I've never been able to afford an actual army. 

Also, practical? This is 40k, practicality left this setting a long time ago. If we want practicality, might as well get rid of the space marine shoulder-pads, helmets, the entire concept of pwoer armor, most of the vehicles, anything that has to do with the orks, the eldar and dark eldar... oh and entirely get rid of any walkers. 

Seriously, I'm all for inclusion and women's rights, but pick your battles. Trying to bring practicality to a bat:cuss insane setting is not a hill to die on.

I like the boobplate and I hope it sticks around for 1 reason; it makes the miniatures visibly female at a distance. I play sisters partially for their theme, and a large part of that theme is that it is an all female army. If they just wore space marine armor, I would just play my space Marines. I realize it's not realistic, but a ton of the 40k aesthetic is unrealistic. Just look at the giant banners or torches on soldiers backs.

I like the boobplate and I hope it sticks around for 1 reason; it makes the miniatures visibly female at a distance. I play sisters partially for their theme, and a large part of that theme is that it is an all female army. If they just wore space marine armor, I would just play my space Marines. I realize it's not realistic, but a ton of the 40k aesthetic is unrealistic. Just look at the giant banners or torches on soldiers backs.

This. Part of the issue I am having making a feminine/female inquisitor. Using my regular bits they come out as looking like a stormtrooper (sense I prefer everyone having a helmet), so one of the happiest moments was when Greyfax model came out and I was able to scavenge a spare chest piece from folks.

And I personally want some plastic sisters, so I scavenge them for bits. Because I wasn’t particularly happy with how the Inquistor came out. But getting another Greyfax is a pretty penny.

And finally, if boobplates and heels bother you, Crusaders exist. While Crusaders aren’t sisters they shave similar design decisions with the heavy usage of cloaks and cloth, as part instead of as the armor like you see in Dark Angel and Black Templars. Alongside the triangle knight heads. (It makes sense given both are Ministorum in affiliation).

I’d imagine non-feminine Sister would go that route. But this sounds terrible, the army would look like a Scion Force, with Medieval styled armor and headswaps.

I’d imagine non-feminine Sister would go that route. But this sounds terrible, the army would look like a Scion Force, with Medieval styled armor and headswaps.

I think that sort of thing can look pretty good, although you'd obviously want the armour to be less plain than that shown here. Scale down the gorget and amp up the Ecclesiarchal motifs and I would be all over a model range that looked something like this.

That said, I'm absolutely in agreement that visual continuity should the priority when updating the Sisters range. You've been asked to deliver plastic Sisters, so plastic Sisters you should deliver, not something that radically shifts their aesthetic. I'm not a fan of combat heels and would be absolutely okay with the range being pushed in a more neutral direction rather than playing up the feminine, but all the same I definitely recognise that a huge part of the faction's visual appeal are all the eccentricities and unique design elements that set it apart. Something as long-awaited as a major update and plastic release for the Sisters of Battle isn't exactly the right place to meddle with the formula. You won't catch me complaining if there aren't any models with skull-boobs in the eventual release though.

Heels? No.

The current chestplates? Yes, though if they did change there’s a chance I’d like the new designs, I guess.

“Sexy” Sisters models? Absolutely not. That’s not why I like Sisters and that’s not what I want from the models.

Sorry for the rather odd topic post, but I really had to respond to that bit.

Please stop crying about the design choices of nonexistent plastic models. if you want Sisters that look like GW sisters, buy GW. If you want Sisters that look more or less sexualized buy 3rd party (it'll save you some money anyway). 

I came to this topic to find out if there was any update or more information on the recent rumors, something nobody can find anymore without wading through a trough of off topic comments. the topic of this thread is supposed to be about the rumors of a sisters of battle release in 2018. Not discussing the aesthetics of hypothetical models. If that's the talking point folk want to discuss, then I suggest making a new topic about it and stop derailing this one.

We, as a sub forum community have an awful habit of going off topic and we all need to be better about policing ourselves for it.

But the heels exist in the art and are a part of the look.

In 40k no one cares about comfort.

Theres lore that suggests Sisters actively seek out discomfort as a form of penance, so heels make tons of sense. Also, it's the 42nd millennium, I'm sure there made them more comfortable by then.

=][= Im currently on a mobile device so cant make the type orange, but make no mistake about the fact that this is in my Mod voice. =][=

I'm closing this topic for now. It has gone off topic more than once, despite Warriorfish's prompt. That and the fact there is no concrete evidence of a new range of models means it is, for now redundant and going around in circles.

Members are reminded that continual off topic posts are against the rules. Whilst my absence from the forum has allowed this and that is on me, there is no excuse for this behaviour. It will not be allowed to continue and repeat offenders will be dealt with =][=

Archived