tumblr_m5d5vtsRtu1qbto4fo1_r1_500.gif

Well I have come full circle, four years ago I joined B&C just to partake in the Call of Chaos with my Slaanesh army and oddly enough the we have a Slaaneshi theme this year (its almost like the gods willed it) so naturally I will be vowing units for the god of PVC and boobies.

For those of you who are new or are unfamiliar with my previous Slaanesh offerings you might notice that I am 'slightly' obsessed with the Hellraiser movies (and comics and action figures), and naturally the third incarnation of my force will be no different.

This time I will be dipping my toe into other things for inspiration as well, like the classic 80's movie (and the more recent prequel) The Thing, Event Horizon, Silent Hill and the artwork of Niko Nikizar, Paul Gerrard (his book 'Company of Shadows' has loads of great art in, well worth reading) and Hieronymus Bosh amongst other things (got some good things off google when searching 'Body Horror').

Some of the things that I want to try out will be a Helbrute with a design similar to the Lament Configuration (the Hellraiser puzzlebox) on its sarcophagus (unless it drives me mad and I end up microwaving it), a Herald of Slaanesh using a Bloodletter as the base mini and a Rhino with tortured fleshy faces over parts of the hull.

So this year my vow will be

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Herald of Slaanesh
  • Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
  • Helbrute
  • x6 Warp Talons
  • x6 Noise Marines
  • x6 Possessed
  • Rhino
  • Contemptor
  • x6 Chosen

and here's the before pictures (everything will be stripped/repainted).
med_gallery_75911_12239_1166788.jpg

med_gallery_75911_12239_603460.jpg

Quick question, I have just munched an egg and cress sandwich and was wondering if I have any greenery stuck between my teeth?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/63411360ab8cea664353355097722c88/tumblr_myjokfXGS31rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Excellent :thumbsup:

Is that a good old hunk o’ metal KoS I see there?

Oh yes!! :wub:

Currently on the prowl for another with the alternate pointing arms as well. 

1379538217092.jpg

If I can find one with that head as well I would be very happy.

Debating if I should use the Lament Configuration marking on the Rhino and Contemptor as well as the normal Dread. I hate making important life decisions like this. 

giphy.gif

Oh yea I promised dancing... 

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of modelers block (been sat here for a week staring at my paintbrushes willing them to work) I have had a cracking idea for my dreadnought, cant start it yet though as I will be using it for my entry into BCK's next conversion thingy next month. 

I have hit a minor speedbump though, my dread will be a possessed dread with a bit of the old body horror going on with the sarcophagus, a few dribbly wibbly wobbly fleshy bits here and there. The thing that is bugging me though is how would I incorporate the whole fleshcrafting/body horror thing over to other vehicles? Seems like a pointless task going for the whole Hellraiser/BH vibe with my mandollies then I plop down 'Generic purple Rhino #3' next to them. 

How about:

Model the doors and the top hatch as fleshy orifices. You can always have chain or wire emanating from within, pulled tight across the hull, cutting into the skin.

jobCE90.gif

Great idea! Naturally I'll pass it off as my own. :wink:

*adds 'a :censored: ton of greenstuff' to his hobby shopping list*

I just remembered about the tank in the 3rd ed chaos dex.

med_gallery_75911_12239_321666.png

Might try something like this but with more hooks and wire/chains like you said. Not for my vow though, need to get that done and my Xenos stuff as well. Busy busy busy......

• 3 weeks later...

Any more progress on these StD? Just bought myself Hellbound Heart after flicking through this thread haha love me some Hellraiser. For body horror on the vehicles you could go with the classic Chaos flayed prisoners on the tanks too? The 30k Night Lords have some very gory pieces you could use or get some more inspiration. Also check out The Void it has some heavy Thing/Hellraiser themes mixed with Lovecraft which sounds right up your street lol!

Just discovered the Void a few days ago, was much better than I expected it to be. Zygote looks good, a short film done by Neill Blomkamp, thats next on my to watch list.

As for my vow, atm I am a bit behind due to finishing off my Eldar for the Xenos comp. I might do a little bit of sculpting tonight, something small just to ease myself back into it.

As I find myself in competition with Res Ipsa Loquitur over who will be Slaanesh's favored Champion by vowing the most units I have decided to increase my vow with the following.

• Herald of Slaanesh
  • Sorcerer
  • Dark Apostle
  • Spawn
  • Exalted Champion
  • Giant Chaos Spawn

That takes me up to 16 units, one more than Res. Now I just need to finish them all. 

Oh I forgot... We need more dancing. 

57a87f4779323634fa6226716c6594d4.gif

I must have miscounted, how many units have you vowed?? Or do you mean you lead when we dance?? Cuz I am cool with that, and I would look sexy as :cuss in that red dress. 

I cant dance, were two halves of the same idiot! :laugh.:

Well I think I have every picture related to body horror on the internet saved on my computer now... Tonight I start work on my vow properly. So much sculpting to do!!!

Started one of the Heralds of Slaanesh. The boob turned out a bit wonky because I squished it when I was working on the mouth, couldnt get it back to the right shape after that. med_gallery_75911_12239_1187347.jpgmed_gallery_75911_12239_593388.jpg

Cheers :tu: Im thinking of using a Plaguebearer as the base mini for my next Herald. Im trying to mix feminine 'beauty' with the grotesque instead of the usual one titted lapdancer look. I am even trying to figure out how to Slaaneshify one of those giant Nurgle Bloat Flys. I have a few ideas but I might save it for after the Call of Chaos, I already have a few days of sculpting ahead of me if I stick to my plans and not cut corners.

Just when I thought I couldnt find any more images on Google to give me ideas I come across the term Ero Guro, god I LOVE the Japanese :wub:

Started tinkering about with the Contemptor.

med_gallery_75911_12239_512443.jpgmed_gallery_75911_12239_882388.jpg