Oooooooooooh, that sounds promising...

Everything's looking wonderfully grotesque, I have to say. I love the obese Daemonette (OH SWEET EMPEROR IT'S TOO THICC) and the Contemptor especially.

Some more silly ideas I had for when the army gets expanded a bit more:

For Rhinos, or any vehicles for that matter, perhaps give them extra armour...in the form of still-living foes chained to the exterior, as literal human (or Aeldari) shields. Bonus points for representing a Dirge Caster with a prisoner chained to one of those BDSM vault-horse things linked up to a loud speaker.

I'm not sure what you'd represent them as (perhaps as a Warpsmith, or a Fabius Bile stand-in?) but a sort of "nutty nurse" type character would be interesting. She/he/it could be a twisted parody of the "sexy nurse" stereotype- so scantily clad and all that, but with hideous mutilations and augmentations (notably a profusion of extra limbs, perhaps pilfered from the Talos kit, and a face that's pure OH GOD NO). For added fun, give her/him/it a big ol' grimdark "giant anime syringe", perhaps actually grafted onto its arm.

Some kind of centipede-inspired daemon engine would be cool. Perhaps take the Necron Tomb Stalker and heavily convert it?

Oooooooooooh, that sounds promising...

Everything's looking wonderfully grotesque, I have to say. I love the obese Daemonette (OH SWEET EMPEROR IT'S TOO THICC) and the Contemptor especially.

She isnt just obese, she is with child. I am currently coming up with a bit of fluff for her tying her into a previous  short story I wrote a few years ago. 

Just seen the new Hellraiser trailer, it looks pretty good and I hope the new guy can fill Dougs shoes and play a convincing Pinhead (unlike the guy in Helraiser Revelations, he totally killed the character for me). 

Currently stuck on what to give my Terminator Icon bearer, either a banner with a skinned person or a face being pulled apart by flesh hooks (depending on how my freehand stays wobble free) or do I try and model a victim strung up like the guy in this picture

+++EDIT+++

Also, I will be working on another version of my Lord for Grotsmashas conversion challenge, and I wanted to bounce a few Ideas off you guys. As the Hellbound are a very religious order I was going to do this version in a 'skirt', like a cut down version of a Cassock (I think cassock is the right word). Do I go for a black 'leather' skirt or one stitched together out of skin? The upper torso will be bare, fleshtone will be Pallid Wytch Flesh and there will be some bodily mutilation on the go as well. What do you guys think would look better, black leather or patchwork skin??

Edited by Slave to Darkness

If the top half of him is exposed flesh then I’d go for the black leather :thumbsup:

As for the banner, my vote is for face being pulled apart.

Hmmm, now I'm wondering if I should do it mid 'pull' or have the face already in bits like this (NSFW or Younglings).

Shame I dont have magical powers so I can animate the image on the banner, I think this would look mental!

As for the skirt, after sleeping on it I'm thinking Black Shining Leather is the way to go. 

I definitely agree with Kierdale. If his torso is flesh, make the skirt leather for better contrast

As for the icon bearer, I recently did a bit of research on flaying (bad, bad idea. Reading some of the descriptions and little known facts gave me chills). So my vote would be for that

Two quick ways for black shiny leather:

1. Black paint without any highlights. Cover with gloss varnish.

2. Black base with bold thin highlight of off white. Maybe a slight drybrush of a dark blue first.

Good to see you playing with those again though.

I definitely agree with Kierdale. If his torso is flesh, make the skirt leather for better contrast

As for the icon bearer, I recently did a bit of research on flaying (bad, bad idea. Reading some of the descriptions and little known facts gave me chills). So my vote would be for that

Some of the stuff I have seen whilst researching and looking for insperation would make your toenails curl then. :laugh.:

As for the skirt, black is the obvious choice, I really shouldnt make important descisions before bed lol. I think for the Icon I will do a flayed chappy and a banner and see what one looks best.

Two quick ways for black shiny leather:

1. Black paint without any highlights. Cover with gloss varnish.

2. Black base with bold thin highlight of off white. Maybe a slight drybrush of a dark blue first.

Good to see you playing with those again though.

The gloss varnish sounds easier, but I'll give the other technique a few goes first before I commit. 

:censored: highlighting, I'm going for the gloss varnish. :laugh.:

I have been thinking about how I will base my minis, I would love to have them walking over a carpet of wailing victims, kinda like in the Hellraiser Origins trailer NSFW

but I dont fancy trying to sculpt god knows how many bases. Again I need ideas from you guys cuz my brains useless. :cry:

I actually had a thought, is it worth putting effort into this army when GW will end up increasing the size of the minis to almost Primaris size? If the new Deathguard minis are anything to go by any new Slaaneshi minis will look stupid anyway, I doubt GW will make minis that will fit with what I have in mind (the Deathguard would look out of place in my army, I would have had to cut them up and do some serious resculpting to get them to look like how I want them).

I am probably just stressing over nothing because I am tired, but NuGW have dropped the ball imho on most things since they killed off Fantasy and replaced it with the abomination we have now. I cant stand 8th ed or the fluff, even Necromunda hasnt lived up to the hype.

Well, are you making the models...

...to game with?

...to fit in with the current fluff?

...both of the above?

...to represent Slaanesh how you think it should be?

...to exercise your talents and (sick, twisted) imagination?

:)

I'd go the lazy but expensive way....like with my BA bases. :D

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_30_86&products_id=822

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/images/BCF3201.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oYC2rGvTKfE/T4xGU08ONSI/AAAAAAAAA7I/SQ77AI861EQ/s1600/_preview%2521CorpseFields.jpg

Yea to represent how I think Slaanesh would be and to make a 'Mature' looking army like how they used to be in first ed. Imho thats how Chaos should be, not the 'ehmegherd boobies!!!' PG13 mess it now.

And them bases look pretty good, gonna need more naughty bits sculpting on them though.

Im thinking of making a giant butcher/medic based on the new Cenobite in the new Hellraiser film using a Primaris mini, to hell with the new 'Girlymans super awesome army that fires lazerbeams from the eyes and lightning from their arses', these bastards are corruptable, turned after only 100 years of being forced into the lore.

So afterlooking at the Noise Marine conversion parts thread some rather fetching bits n bobs have caught my eye, first we have some lovely bits by Spellcrow.

http://www.spellcrow.com/images/Pleasure_Legions/PleasureKnightsTorsos.jpg

http://www.spellcrow.com/images/SkinTabards.jpg

http://www.spellcrow.com/images/Pleasure_Legions/GuitarsWithaHands.jpg

http://www.spellcrow.com/images/Pleasure_Legions/PleasureLegionsShoulderPads.jpg

and this set of doors by Kromlech.

bedlam-fraternity-doors.jpg

The skin tabbards and plasure knight pads I could do with greenstuff, but the ease of just picking up a bit and sticking it on instead of messing around for hours with putty is rather tempting... I think I will dig out some old broken minis and have a try later, could do with the practice, might have a go at sculpting skin corsets as well. 

The one thing I am struggling to find is suitable heads, most of the ones I have seen look like they have come off that mutation sprue that came with the CSM box years ago, and Hellraiser only has so many Cenobites to 'borrow' ideas from. 

Not had any dancing for a while, but I am too tired so I'll have a nap, sweet dreams y'all... 

scary-sleeping.gif

I had a big long post filled with images that might help but none of them worked, so instead I'll just write my ideas.

BDSM helmets/masks would be fittingly disturbing and thematic. Granted I have no idea what you'd use (though Empire Flagellents might be useful, and that one Space Wolves head with the wolf helmet would be good for those horrible dog-themed ones) but they'd be excellent for the theme.

Medieval torture implements are always good. Perhaps Scold's Bridles? On the subject of medieval stuff, Henry the 8th had a truly magnificent battle helmet that would be good for a champion (no idea how you'd make it though).

Puppetswar have some really creepy heads by the name of "Prometheus Brides" that would work spectacularly.

Self mutilation usually works a treat, so how about a head with his nose chopped off and a gaping hole where it should be?

Pop culture is often a good place to draw inspiration from- some characters I think would work well include Silent Hill 2's Pyramid Head (easy enough to make too), Nier/Nier; Automata's Emil (his head is a ball, you could probably get away with just painting his creepy grin on), Transformers 3's Shockwave (the actual toy's head would work for a Dreadnought) and the Mass Production Evangelions (it's literally a giant penis with horrible, HORRIBLE grinning jaws).

I should have thought about BDSM masks, my guitarist has one of those 'Doggo' masks, I might get a Unicorn one and start a Slipknot covers band. :lol:

Some of your pop culture ideas went straight over my head, I shall google those later. I did think about Cheesegrater head and the Nurses :wub: but I have seen loads of Silent Hill themed stuff over the years (might do a Silent Hill themed Inquisimunda gang though one day).

Well without boring you with the ridiculously in-depth lore that requires you to play two games, one of which you need to finish like 3 times to get the true ending (totally worth it though), here's Emil's design.

http://i.cubeupload.com/TRKGVo.jpg

And a closeup of just his (oddly mobile) head:

http://i.cubeupload.com/LLIHJQ.jpg

That face is begging for some kind of cameo. Noise Marine with spherical helmet, design painted on visor, shoulder emblem, banner, Dreadnought head, whatever. Though really I should have kept my mouth shut and kept the idea for myself. :teehee:

Omg I just had an idea, a cute mask like that mixed with some Hellraiser flavour and you get... 

deadmau5-hellraiser-640x426.jpg

Now I have to have a Noise Marine Deadmau5 on decks. 

Henry the 8ths battle helm is mental!! It has given me some ideas, awkwardly small fiddley ideas. :dry.:

The Scold's Bridles made me laugh, it once seen as a torture device and now it wouldn't look out of place in my local BDSM establishment. Not sure if it will clash with my Dark Funeral longsleeve though, I may have to go with the Unicorn mask and 'Lord Humungus' vest. :lol:

Those Prometheus Brides heads look weird, but I cant quite say how. Obviously that is the desired effect I seek so naturally I shall add those to the growing list of bits. I think they would look interesting on a Bloodletters body with some added wobbily bits. 

Highlighting leather didnt go as planned, gloss varnish is the way to go I think.

Just got this beauty stripped.

med_gallery_75911_12239_1022063.jpg

Not long primed her and tbh I look forward to painting up a classic sculpt with a bit of weight to it instead of CAD designed plastic.

As for the new Hellraiser film, avoid, avoid with your life. Take Pinhead out the film and its just a generic horror film with a bit of gore. Absolute :cuss.

It was that bad I actually felt like it was a personal attack against me lol. Who knows, you might like it, but to me it felt like they ignored the essence of what Hellraiser is and just stuck Pinhead in the film to make money. Gonna give it another watch now to give it a chance but I doubt my opinion will change. 

They should just get Doug back and make a movie of the Scarlet Gospel and kill off the franchise. Or adapt some of the graphic novels, like the story arc where Tiffany becomes the new ruler of hell. 

Ahyway I'm drifting off topic lol, its an army thread not a movie review forum. :lol:

The films still crap though.