Oh neat, those oldschool metal Greater Daemons were awesome (or so I'm told, they were a bit before my time...). A shame it's kinda small for modern purposes because I adore the Keeper of Secrets. I honestly wouldn't mind it if they made a plastic Keeper styled after that old miniature.

The classic RoC era stuff is a pleasure to work with even now considering its older than most gamers I know. I have a Great Unclean One and a Beast of Nurgle as well, used to have some Daemonettes years ago and a couple of the old Horrors. Yea they are small, (a terminator looks down at my GUO) but are still regularly used on the battlefield (even though one person did say I was moddeling for advantage and I should use the larger minis when they get released, pffft I say, its an official GW mini and I'll use it whenever I want).

I would love an updated KoS with the bull aspect of the older minis and not the 'larger Daemonette' look of FW's version. Lets hope NuGW slips a suitable head into the newer kit if/when we get one. 

Had a look through my many bits box's for a bare chest to use for my Lord, I am sure I had some Hellstrider torsos left over but I cant seem to find them, looks like I am gonna have to sculpt one. Question is how am I gonna keep the recognisable Astartes silhouette if he cant connect his backpack,  arm and shoulder armour? Guess I could connect the backpack to a kinky leather harness or something like that. As usual answers on a postcard to 'The Labyrinth, Realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure, Kings Lynn, Norfolk', this weeks prize is the most brutal prize ever, NOTHING!!! :lol:

For the backpack, that's easy- have it growing out of/implanted directly into the Lord's back. A harness would be good too, though.

As for the shoulder pads, perhaps have them held on by hooks embedded into his flesh?

And yeah, as much as I adore the FW Keeper I really would like to see at least the option for a RoC style bull head for a plastic update. I have considered making a KoS from a Ghorgon at some point, actually. As it happens I have what I think is a Realm of Chaos Fiend of Slaanesh I picked up for cheap at Salute! 2017. It looks like this (not my picture but this is the same mold):

mPbQLEfgB1iPvODJMyDrxpg.jpg

Did a little bit of painting on my Noise Marine champion, the lid of my Tamiya clear red has got stuck so I had to use Blood for the Blood God (eww). Still need to touch up the face a bit, I got too carried away with the blood :laugh.:

med_gallery_75911_12239_362019.jpg

Decided I dont like gold trim so all gold bits in my army will be getting repainted silver, well everything apart from the markings on my Lament Configuration influenced Dreadnought.

+++ EDIT +++

I think fluffwise this warband was originally a chapter with close ties to the Ecclesiarchy, that would explain the Monastic angle. To further differentiate them from the Emperors Children the Hellbound will have less interest in looking pretty with shiny armour and blinged up wargear, I am thinking of having their equipment more beat up with the occasional bit of rust and dried blood, they spend less time picking flowers and putting on makeup and they focus more on Prayer and Vicissitude.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I have noticed all the units I am working on are fancy units, I have no actual CSM squads yet, just dug out parts of a CSM box and some Calth Mk4 plastics and I have enough for a ten man squad and another 5+ strong (depends on how many arms and shoulder pads I have). Top half of the flayed man is nearly done, and I have started repositioning the legs for the lower half. Gonna have a try at freehanding a banner today as well, gonna try on paper first to see how it looks. 

Now I get to walk for an hour to the nearest Halfords to get black spray (praise Slaanesh the sun is out today), then an hour back into town to get some superglue, more Tamaya Clear Red and a bottle of red wine :wub:. Then I can crack on with building the normal CSM's and get more stuff primed. 

Todays quest for supplies and alcohol is sponsored by the following bands...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VANhYO1TLno

• 1 month later...

As its nearly time for the ETL I am currently preparing everything to build and prime ready for kickoff. So far all I have done is stick loads of bits into baggies so I dont loose everything.

So many bloody baggies..

• 3 weeks later...

Well its that time of year again...

I Slave to Darkness, long of beard and mighty of gut, champion of the dark gods and lord of funky dancing vow to paint the following...

Exalted Champion 85pts

Lightning Claw, No Chaos Mark, Plasma pistol

Chaos Terminators 259pts

Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh

. Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-bolter, Power axe

. Terminator: Combi-melta, Lightning Claw

. Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-melta

. Terminator: Combi-bolter, Power axe

. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power axe, Reaper autocannon

Noise Marines 125pts

. Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster

. 3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster

. Noise Champion: Boltgun, Doom siren, Lightning Claw

Chaos Vindicator 125pts

Havocs 139pts

. Aspiring Champion: Boltgun, Power sword

. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon

. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon

. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

Total: 733pts

by the deadline (that I cant remember off the top of my head), failiure is not an option... 

The before pik of my vow will be posted later, atm my painting area is a mess due to a sudden burst of inspiration and the following Necromunda building binge I went on.

gallery_75911_12239_948390.jpg

Ok so theres what I am doing for my first vow. Still plenty of greenstuff work that needs doing before I paint, and I need to find (or sculpt) suitable heads for a few guys as well.

Just got some thin brass pipe to try a church organ kinda thing with the backpacks. I dont really have a plan exactly, I am just gonna try wing it and see what I end up with. :lol:

No idea what I am doing for the Doom Siren either, speaker mouths have been over done IMHO but I cant think of anything else atm. Having a creative brainfart during the ETL is mildly frustrating.

A speaker-face? With the skin pulled taut around it, wires pulling it back. Wires buried in trepanation holes in the skull, snaking up from out of the chest piece/rib cage and backpack?

Just got some thin brass pipe to try a church organ kinda thing with the backpacks. I dont really have a plan exactly, I am just gonna try wing it and see what I end up with. :lol:

No idea what I am doing for the Doom Siren either, speaker mouths have been over done IMHO but I cant think of anything else atm. Having a creative brainfart during the ETL is mildly frustrating.

I'd honestly probably just use the church organ idea for the Doom Siren.

Or model a bagpipe (of war) for the doom siren! :D

I have an idea, it might be pushing what is acceptable for a family forum but Im gonna run with it, if its a bit too naughty Ill just have fun building another Champion to take his place.

I have got to stop calling the Blast Master guy 'Ass Master', sounds like a dodgy excersise/torture device or a Mad Max villian.

I really should look at pipes on Church Organs, I have no idea what I am doing at the moment. :lol:

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Does anyone know of any companies that do Violins, Cellos, Hurdy Gurdys etc that would be in scale with a Space Marine? I think some 'Classical' Noise Marines would be a fun project to work on.

• 1 month later...

Will do tomorrow when I get the chance. :tu:

Converting Lucius is a pain in the backside, trying to use Hellstrider legs and have him walking down stairs. So far I have had to cut/greenstuff both hips, knees and one foot.

Instead of the whip I might give him a cat o nine tails, seems fitting for a power armoured Cenobite.

Will do tomorrow when I get the chance. :tu:

Converting Lucius is a pain in the backside, trying to use Hellstrider legs and have him walking down stairs. So far I have had to cut/greenstuff both hips, knees and one foot.

Instead of the whip I might give him a cat o nine tails, seems fitting for a power armoured Cenobite.

That conversion idea sounds awesome, not gonna lie.

Also, if we want to get technical, even though the Lash of Torment is called a whip

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/d/df/LashOfTorment.jpg

The artwork consistently shows it to be a cat-o'-nine-tails. So technically, you're already on the right track :lol:

I did a Lucius conversion two ETL's ago and I made it out of wire, I think I might have the whip arm somewhere. Would save a lot of time and effort, if not I was thinking of a shorter nine tails like the one the Cenobite used on the Ice Cream man in Hellraiser Inferno. A few short leather strips with hooks on the end. I might call him Luke the Flayer. :lol:

Found the whip arm from my old conversion, just need to find a suitable head and Lucius is ready for painting. Had to use fantasy Forsaken (the possessed chaps) arms as heads for my possessed, they look better than I thought they would.