Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'Hellbound'. StD's Slaanesh Chaos Marines.

Call of Chaos Call of Chaos X Slaanesh Chaos Hellraiser Dancing

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,093 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Oh neat, those oldschool metal Greater Daemons were awesome (or so I'm told, they were a bit before my time...). A shame it's kinda small for modern purposes because I adore the Keeper of Secrets. I honestly wouldn't mind it if they made a plastic Keeper styled after that old miniature.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

The classic RoC era stuff is a pleasure to work with even now considering its older than most gamers I know. I have a Great Unclean One and a Beast of Nurgle as well, used to have some Daemonettes years ago and a couple of the old Horrors. Yea they are small, (a terminator looks down at my GUO) but are still regularly used on the battlefield (even though one person did say I was moddeling for advantage and I should use the larger minis when they get released, pffft I say, its an official GW mini and I'll use it whenever I want).

I would love an updated KoS with the bull aspect of the older minis and not the 'larger Daemonette' look of FW's version. Lets hope NuGW slips a suitable head into the newer kit if/when we get one. 

Had a look through my many bits box's for a bare chest to use for my Lord, I am sure I had some Hellstrider torsos left over but I cant seem to find them, looks like I am gonna have to sculpt one. Question is how am I gonna keep the recognisable Astartes silhouette if he cant connect his backpack,  arm and shoulder armour? Guess I could connect the backpack to a kinky leather harness or something like that. As usual answers on a postcard to 'The Labyrinth, Realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure, Kings Lynn, Norfolk', this weeks prize is the most brutal prize ever, NOTHING!!! :lol:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,093 posts

For the backpack, that's easy- have it growing out of/implanted directly into the Lord's back. A harness would be good too, though.

As for the shoulder pads, perhaps have them held on by hooks embedded into his flesh?

And yeah, as much as I adore the FW Keeper I really would like to see at least the option for a RoC style bull head for a plastic update. I have considered making a KoS from a Ghorgon at some point, actually. As it happens I have what I think is a Realm of Chaos Fiend of Slaanesh I picked up for cheap at Salute! 2017. It looks like this (not my picture but this is the same mold):

mPbQLEfgB1iPvODJMyDrxpg.jpg

• Slave to Darkness likes this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Did a little bit of painting on my Noise Marine champion, the lid of my Tamiya clear red has got stuck so I had to use Blood for the Blood God (eww). Still need to touch up the face a bit, I got too carried away with the blood laugh.png

med_gallery_75911_12239_362019.jpg

Decided I dont like gold trim so all gold bits in my army will be getting repainted silver, well everything apart from the markings on my Lament Configuration influenced Dreadnought. 

+++ EDIT +++

Been looking through boxes of stuff I have left after selling off my Iron Warriors and Deathguard, I still have two Vindicators and a Land Raider left, one Vindicator might go into my Word Bearers force, the other one and the Raider will go to the Hellbound. 

For the Land Raider I was thinking of mounting the Heavy Bolters on the top of the hull, and build a Pulpit for my Lord/Dark Apostle. To decorate it I was thinking of some paintings of Cenobite esque creatures but done in this style.

Spoiler

I think fluffwise this warband was originally a chapter with close ties to the Ecclesiarchy, that would explain the Monastic angle. To further differentiate them from the Emperors Children the Hellbound will have less interest in looking pretty with shiny armour and blinged up wargear, I am thinking of having their equipment more beat up with the occasional bit of rust and dried blood, they spend less time picking flowers and putting on makeup and they focus more on Prayer and Vicissitude.

Edited by Slave to Darkness, 14 February 2018 - 04:51 AM.

• Draakur, WarriorFish and Kierdale like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts

I started the flayed man for the Icon bearer. 

med_gallery_75911_12239_487487.jpg

• Draakur, WarriorFish and Kierdale like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts

I have noticed all the units I am working on are fancy units, I have no actual CSM squads yet, just dug out parts of a CSM box and some Calth Mk4 plastics and I have enough for a ten man squad and another 5+ strong (depends on how many arms and shoulder pads I have). Top half of the flayed man is nearly done, and I have started repositioning the legs for the lower half. Gonna have a try at freehanding a banner today as well, gonna try on paper first to see how it looks. 

Now I get to walk for an hour to the nearest Halfords to get black spray (praise Slaanesh the sun is out today), then an hour back into town to get some superglue, more Tamaya Clear Red and a bottle of red wine :wub:. Then I can crack on with building the normal CSM's and get more stuff primed. 

Todays quest for supplies and alcohol is sponsored by the following bands...

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Draakur

Draakur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,653 posts
  • Faction: The Desolators
Baby metal is one of the strangest things I've seen in awhile :D good stuff!

Godspeed on your sacred pilgrimage, brother :tu:
ATTACK is the only order worth remembering

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
As its nearly time for the ETL I am currently preparing everything to build and prime ready for kickoff. So far all I have done is stick loads of bits into baggies so I dont loose everything.

So many bloody baggies..
  • Kierdale, Celtic_cauldron and Evil Eye like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
Well its that time of year again...

I Slave to Darkness, long of beard and mighty of gut, champion of the dark gods and lord of funky dancing vow to paint the following...

Exalted Champion 85pts
Lightning Claw, No Chaos Mark, Plasma pistol

Chaos Terminators 259pts
Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh
. Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-bolter, Power axe
. Terminator: Combi-melta, Lightning Claw
. Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-melta
. Terminator: Combi-bolter, Power axe
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power axe, Reaper autocannon

Noise Marines 125pts
. Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
. 3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster
. Noise Champion: Boltgun, Doom siren, Lightning Claw

Chaos Vindicator 125pts

Havocs 139pts
. Aspiring Champion: Boltgun, Power sword
. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon
. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon
. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter
. Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

Total: 733pts

by the deadline (that I cant remember off the top of my head), failiure is not an option... 
The before pik of my vow will be posted later, atm my painting area is a mess due to a sudden burst of inspiration and the following Necromunda building binge I went on.
  • WarriorFish and Kierdale like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts

gallery_75911_12239_948390.jpg

Ok so theres what I am doing for my first vow. Still plenty of greenstuff work that needs doing before I paint, and I need to find (or sculpt) suitable heads for a few guys as well.
  • WarriorFish and Kierdale like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,093 posts

I'm liking the look of those Noise Marines...This will be promising indeed!

ztbmByp.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
Just got some thin brass pipe to try a church organ kinda thing with the backpacks. I dont really have a plan exactly, I am just gonna try wing it and see what I end up with. :lol:

No idea what I am doing for the Doom Siren either, speaker mouths have been over done IMHO but I cant think of anything else atm. Having a creative brainfart during the ETL is mildly frustrating.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,688 posts
A speaker-face? With the skin pulled taut around it, wires pulling it back. Wires buried in trepanation holes in the skull, snaking up from out of the chest piece/rib cage and backpack?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,939 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Just got some thin brass pipe to try a church organ kinda thing with the backpacks. I dont really have a plan exactly, I am just gonna try wing it and see what I end up with. :lol:
No idea what I am doing for the Doom Siren either, speaker mouths have been over done IMHO but I cant think of anything else atm. Having a creative brainfart during the ETL is mildly frustrating.

I'd honestly probably just use the church organ idea for the Doom Siren.
Or model a bagpipe (of war) for the doom siren! :D
  • Kierdale likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
I have an idea, it might be pushing what is acceptable for a family forum but Im gonna run with it, if its a bit too naughty Ill just have fun building another Champion to take his place.

I have got to stop calling the Blast Master guy 'Ass Master', sounds like a dodgy excersise/torture device or a Mad Max villian.

I really should look at pipes on Church Organs, I have no idea what I am doing at the moment. :lol:

Edited by Slave to Darkness, 07 May 2018 - 02:52 AM.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
Does anyone know of any companies that do Violins, Cellos, Hurdy Gurdys etc that would be in scale with a Space Marine? I think some 'Classical' Noise Marines would be a fun project to work on.
  • Kierdale and Evil Eye like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
Vow 1 finished.
med_gallery_75911_12239_445027.jpg

Vow 2...
med_gallery_75911_12239_96255.jpg
Lucius, Dark Apostle, Possessed, Landraider and the beginings of a Spawn.
  • WarriorFish, Kierdale and Tallarn Commander like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,688 posts
Close ups of those degenerates, please! :D

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
Will do tomorrow when I get the chance. :tu:

Converting Lucius is a pain in the backside, trying to use Hellstrider legs and have him walking down stairs. So far I have had to cut/greenstuff both hips, knees and one foot.
Instead of the whip I might give him a cat o nine tails, seems fitting for a power armoured Cenobite.
  • Kierdale likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,744 posts

Will do tomorrow when I get the chance. :tu:

Converting Lucius is a pain in the backside, trying to use Hellstrider legs and have him walking down stairs. So far I have had to cut/greenstuff both hips, knees and one foot.
Instead of the whip I might give him a cat o nine tails, seems fitting for a power armoured Cenobite.

That conversion idea sounds awesome, not gonna lie.

Also, if we want to get technical, even though the Lash of Torment is called a whip
LashOfTorment.jpg
The artwork consistently shows it to be a cat-o'-nine-tails. So technically, you're already on the right track :lol:

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,415 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Well, a cat-o-nine-tails is a whip (its a specific type of whip, much as a rapier is a specific type of sword) so there isn't anything wrong with GW calling it a whip. whistling.gif

• Panzer likes this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,093 posts

For the Lash of Torment I'd suggest using a twist of thin wire as a starting point (wine bottle wire is ideal).

ztbmByp.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
I did a Lucius conversion two ETL's ago and I made it out of wire, I think I might have the whip arm somewhere. Would save a lot of time and effort, if not I was thinking of a shorter nine tails like the one the Cenobite used on the Ice Cream man in Hellraiser Inferno. A few short leather strips with hooks on the end. I might call him Luke the Flayer. :lol:

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
Found the whip arm from my old conversion, just need to find a suitable head and Lucius is ready for painting. Had to use fantasy Forsaken (the possessed chaps) arms as heads for my possessed, they look better than I thought they would.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
Just a few WiP's of Lucius and the Possessed.

med_gallery_75911_12239_412526.jpg
Sideways Lucius, wont let me rotate it on my phone.

med_gallery_75911_12239_619021.jpg
med_gallery_75911_12239_887118.jpg
Possessed.
  • Dr_Ruminahui likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Call of Chaos, Call of Chaos X, Slaanesh, Chaos, Hellraiser, Dancing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users