• 5 months later...
I Slave to Darkness answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete

1 Counts as Fabius Bile

1 Counts as Lucius

1 Herald of Slaanesh

1 Slaaneshi Sorcerer

1 Hellbrute

1 Khornate Lord

before December 15th 2018. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

med_gallery_75911_12239_353564.jpg

The Brute needs de-Nurglefying, Fabius is a place holder mini until I find the bits for the new one (will be using the arms and torso from this dude though).

• 3 months later...

Still alive...

Trying out a scheme for my Slaanesh Daemons... Thoughts???

med_gallery_75911_12239_482321.jpg

med_gallery_75911_12239_253144.jpg

Still very WiP at the moment. Loincloths going to be skin, corset will be black (or very dark purple to tie in with my marines, unsure on the claws? Maybe to the claws purple and the corset black?? Unsure on what to do...)

Cant wait to paint the Fiends and my RoC Keeper of Secrets like this.

Oh yea got a lil paint down on Lucius, here he is next to his Pre Heresy self...

med_gallery_75911_12239_193953.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Cheers guys. :tu:

The head is the Slaaneshii head from the fantasy Chaos Charriot. Got some nice bits in that kit. Tbh I actually bought it just for this head as well.

Cheers guys. :thumbsup:

The head is the Slaaneshii head from the fantasy Chaos Charriot. Got some nice bits in that kit. Tbh I actually bought it just for this head as well.

I mean, I bought the Slaves to Darkness Battleforce for a similar reason to be honest. Because it came with THREE webstore-exclusive models (the aforementioned Chariot, Lord on Manticore and Chaos Warshrine) that I was able to get at once, at a discount no less :lol:

That Warshrine :wub: I have big plans for that, and a Knight.... One day when my funds are a bit more than 'do I buy Milk or Toilet Roll'.

I have very big expensive plans for my Slaaneshij army

• 2 weeks later...

Just took my chaps out for their first game against my mates Blood Angels, 600pt forces. 

I took Lucius, Greater Possessed, 6 Possessed, 5 Noise Marines, 5 Havocs and a Rhino. He had Primaris Lieutenant, 10 Tactical Marines and two squads of the Primaris plasma dudes. Tabled him and still had 5 Possessed and the Greater Possessed left, Lucius has to live with the shame getting rinsed by the Tacticals before he even got into combat, silly old sod. 

Still not the biggest fan of 8th edition, and still not a lover of Primaris but it did feel good to throw some dice about and slap some primaris into the dirt. 

Going to let him use my Pre Heresy Emperors Children to proxy in some other stuff to see how it works with his army before he buys units he doesnt need, that should easily bump him up to 2000 points next time, gonna try more Possessed (hey, might not be the greatest unit but I like them so they will always have a place in my army) some Terminators, a Sorceror and maybe some Daemonic allies (had Daemons but never ran them as a stand alone force before, might try that out some time). 

I was going to ask how Lucius performs... but maybe best not to :tongue.: Daemons are definitely better as a separate detachment, summoning isn't the best but can be handy if you don't have the models for it. For Slaanesh armies the daemonettes will offer some cheaper punch, though I'm always mindful that it's quite squishy punch so might get a lot of undue attention. However that's attention not on your Marines, so might work out!

Terminators do ok for me, though I insist on taking lightning claws so they can struggle sometimes until I'm clearing troops but Rule of Cool and all that. Sorcerer is fun and sadly mandatory at times, if only Delightful Agonies would work for me (I keep trying)! Don't forget pictures for future batreps :wink:

Yea Ill get pictures next time, was really tired last night and trying to stay focused on the game was hard. I really wanted to see how Lucius did myself, just made the mistake of standing him in the open thinking 'yeah the tacticals are out of range and would most probably go for the Possessed anyway..... Got too confident I guess, how Slaaneshii indeed. 

I am tempted at running a Slaaneshii Daemonkin army just for the laughs, perfect excuse to build even more Posessed :wub:

Got another game tomorrow, lending the Blood Angels guy some of my Pre Heresy Emperors Children to proxy units he wants to buy to see if they mesh well with what he has. Just spent the past few hours reading the Chaos stratagems, relics, prayers and warlord traits and got the cogs ticking, Im gonna ruin him..... *evil laughter*

Ill try get some photos if I can, is there any Blood Angel shenanegans I should watch out for?

Ill try get some photos if I can, is there any Blood Angel shenanegans I should watch out for?

Mostly just Captain Smash.

Maybe a Librarian Dread/Mephiston with Wings of Blood (instant 12“ move, M12 and FLY until next turn and re-roll charges).

Ancient with Relic banner is pretty mean as well (5+ FnP aura) but note that the aura affects only models within 6“, not whole units.

Being able to re-deploy a Jump Pack unit the same way as if it just arrived from reserves and then let that unit do a 3d6 charge by combining two different Stratagems.

Also the BA chapter trait lets every unit wound better when they charged or got charged.

There aren't many “shenanigans“ for loyalist Marines unfortunately. Their codexes are pretty straight forward.

I shall watch out for that re-deploy jump pack trick, luckily he doesnt have Mephiston. As his army is only 600 points atm and he will be using some of my stuff his aarmy will be the following... 

Lieutenant 

10 Tacticals

5 Primaris abominations with plasma custard spitters (2 squads)

10 Assault

5 Sternguard

5 Vanguard

5 Vanguard with Jump Packs

10 Tacticals

Drop Pod

Dreadnought

Red units are his, purple mine.

That's a very casual list, you won't have to worry about much. Depending on the Vanguards loadout they could either be a big threat or not. Sternguard in a drop pod have a little bit of burst (though with the Bolter discipline beta rule they don't really need the Pod that much anymore).

If you shoot the Hellblaster and the Dreadnought early you'll have a smooth game I'd say.

Yea I only run casual lists. I dont agree with netlist mentality because it seems like people cant make a decent list anymore and just surf the web until they find the newest hotness. Although my mate does want a tough Blood Angels army to wreck face, he has been unlucky with his armies and rarely wins so I said I will help him write a cheese list using my stuff as proxys so he doesnt waste money on minis he doesnt need (hes one of those people that wastes his money on any old cool :cuss and then has to ask me for food to live, this way he doesnt throw money down the toilet and he can buy his own food lol). 

Actually looked at the rules for the new rotor cannon thingy earlier, no wonder everyones in a stink over there being one in the Havoc kit, blatant cashgrab move by GW. Its obvious we will want the new toys so they limit the amount we have access to, another reason for me to not give GW my cash as Ill be hitting up third party companies, am I :cuss buying 4 boxes of Havocs... Moaning aside, I need 4 rotor cannons!!! They are mental, firepower to put the Flashgitz to shame. *contemplates 2 squads of pure :cussing Armageddon!!!!!!!*

Also, what would be a good loadout for a Lord on Steed of Slaanesh?? I was thinking Thunder Hammer so I can have him leaning over the side smacking a severed Primaris head across the floor. Would the hammer be worth it or should I go for another weapon?

If you want to give him a tough list to play with I'd avoid Assault Marines, Drop Pods and Tacticals to be honest. Kinda sad as such units used to be the core of any Marine list, but that's how things are currently.

I agree on the netlist mentality though. I mean I know what's popular and why it is so I can give proper advice on forums but myself I often use units that aren't considered competetive as well since my groups game evenings are literally beer&pretzels (well not pretzels, but lots of beer and whiskey lol).

The Chaincannon thing is really annoying, yeah. Luckily the Heavy Bolters and Autocannons are very similar bitz so you only have to source the barrels from somewhere and then replace those.

Definitely go Thunderhammer if you want the Lord to deal damage. The weapon is so much better than any other weapon (relics excluded) it's ridiculous. High strength, high AP and flat 3 damage is gold on a character with good WS and lots of attacks. 

I don't quite remember, do you play EC or just generally Slaanesh?

If your army isn't EC exclusive you could give the Flawless Host a try for a REALLY mean Daemon Prince as well. As warlord with the Flawless Host warlord trait, Prescience, Talons and Intoxicating Elixir he has 8 S8 AP-2 D2 attacks which generate 4(!) additional attacks on a 5+ against the Blood Angels (1 from the Flawless Host trait which gets boosted to 3 from the warlord trait and 1 from DttFE). With 8 attacks and re-rolling 1s that should be 4-8 additional attacks, so 12-16 attacks with S8 AP-2 D2 in total.

Maybe that's a bit much in such a game though, I got carried away. :teehee:

Also, what would be a good loadout for a Lord on Steed of Slaanesh?? I was thinking Thunder Hammer so I can have him leaning over the side smacking a severed Primaris head across the floor. Would the hammer be worth it or should I go for another weapon?

I'm working on a lord on a steed of Slaanesh as well, and plan to field with a thunder hammer and either a chain axe or chain sword.  The chain axe is probably better, which while it doesn't give an extra attack like the sword gives you a potent weapon for a bargain price for those times you don't want the -1 to hit from the hammer.  To use the axe, though, I would either need to bitz order one or cut it off the Shadowspear sergeant, and I'm concerned that having the model with both a huge hammer and a likely even more huge axe will look kind of dumb.