If you want to give him a tough list to play with I'd avoid Assault Marines, Drop Pods and Tacticals to be honest. Kinda sad as such units used to be the core of any Marine list, but that's how things are currently.

I agree on the netlist mentality though. I mean I know what's popular and why it is so I can give proper advice on forums but myself I often use units that aren't considered competetive as well since my groups game evenings are literally beer&pretzels (well not pretzels, but lots of beer and whiskey lol).

The Chaincannon thing is really annoying, yeah. Luckily the Heavy Bolters and Autocannons are very similar bitz so you only have to source the barrels from somewhere and then replace those.

Definitely go Thunderhammer if you want the Lord to deal damage. The weapon is so much better than any other weapon (relics excluded) it's ridiculous. High strength, high AP and flat 3 damage is gold on a character with good WS and lots of attacks. 

I don't quite remember, do you play EC or just generally Slaanesh?

If your army isn't EC exclusive you could give the Flawless Host a try for a REALLY mean Daemon Prince as well. As warlord with the Flawless Host warlord trait, Prescience, Talons and Intoxicating Elixir he has 8 S8 AP-2 D2 attacks which generate 4(!) additional attacks on a 5+ against the Blood Angels (1 from the Flawless Host trait which gets boosted to 3 from the warlord trait and 1 from DttFE). With 8 attacks and re-rolling 1s that should be 4-8 additional attacks, so 12-16 attacks with S8 AP-2 D2 in total.

Maybe that's a bit much in such a game though, I got carried away. :teehee:

Tbh I was thinking of painting up any new CSM's I get as Flawless Host, that way I avoid the scale creep between the old and new stuff and everything looks right. I might try out the Flawless Host using what I have at the moment so I can see what works best for them, then I can purchase units I need not ones I want. 

That Flawless Host DP does look tempting, what units would synergise well with him using 'FH' instead of 'EC' rules?

That means Ill end up with Emperors Children (eventually when they drop), Flawless Host, Hellbound (renegades), Hellborn (Daemons), Hella annoying (Traitor Guard), and Pre Heresy Emperors Children. I can almost taste the decadence in the air!!!

Well Flawless Host doesn't have much going for it except for the exploding attacks in melee so the obvious choice would be melee attacks I guess. Funnily enough nothing prevents you from taking non-Slaanesh units in a Flawless Host detachment (probably gets Errata'ed eventually anyway) so for now the best fitting unit would be Berzerkers. :D Alternatively I'd go with either lots of Possessed or Chosen. Power Scourge Helbrutes with exploding attacks sounds like lots of fun too.

Just had a look through my bits boxes and I am one Assault Cannon whirlie bit away from a squad of Havocs with chainguns :D I cant wait to try them out on some dirty loyalists.

What would be a good weapon loadout for chosen (number unknown atm) and a unit of 5 Raptors?

Just had a rematch with the Blood Angels guy, same list as last time but I changed the havoc loadout from Las/Hvy Bolter to 4 rotor cannons. Turn 4 wiped out the Blood Angels, lost 2 possessed and 3 Noise Marines. 

Post game thoughts... Rotor cannons do :censored: out a lot of hits but if your dice are rolling cold the low STR is a bit of a bitch, but I am loving the amount of hit dice I get to roll so Ill keep using this unit and see how it works out, the Noise Marines really shone this game (not had a unit of Sonics do anything useful since 2nd ed). Unlike the last game Lucius actually made it to combat, now he has a Lieutenant, 3 Tacticals and 4 Hellblasters to his list of kills (so far his list is a Lieutenant, 3 Tacticals and 4 Hellblasters :laugh.:).  Our next game is gonna be 800 or 1000 points, so I am thinking of adding in a Dark Apostle and maybe a Daemon Prince (I LOVE me some Dark Apostles and I have never used the Prince in a game and I bought it like 4-5 years ago). Plenty to think about, might even try Cultists (shudders) to shield my Havocs.

Didnt manage to get any pictures though, totally forgot. Ill get some when we play next. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

• 3 weeks later...
So Ill be playing the Blood Angels dude again soon, we will be playing roughly 1300 ish points, he will total his army up properly tomorrow. I have tweaked the list I have been using recently, to up the points I have thrown in some Terminators, Exalted Champ, Spawn and some Cultists for objective camping or general annoyance and meat shield duties.  I know Terminators are not in too good a place and the weapons aint the best for me to be using buthey ho rule of cool over optimal performance  and all that. Heres a copy of the list Ill be taking next time. Found my digital camera as well so Ill try get some good pictures and get a bat rep written up, seems to be a little bit of fluff developing for my Warband between them and the Blood Angels. 

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [77 PL, 1242pts] ++

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +

Lucius the Eternal [5 PL, 85pts]: Warlord

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 100pts]: Blissful Devotion, Mark of Slaanesh, Soultearer Portent

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 78pts]: Chainsword, Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 52pts]: Mark of Slaanesh

. 8x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun

. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber

. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 52pts]: Mark of Slaanesh

. 8x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun

. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber

. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 100pts]: 19x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon, Mark of Slaanesh

. Cultist Champion: Shotgun

Noise Marines [6 PL, 125pts]: Icon of Excess

. Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster

. 3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster

. Noise Champion: Bolt pistol, Lightning Claw

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [20 PL, 247pts]: Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh

. Chaos Terminator Champion: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter

. Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-melta

. Terminator: Combi-melta, Power axe

. Terminator: Combi-bolter, Power axe

. Terminator: Combi-bolter, Lightning Claw

. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power axe, Reaper autocannon

Dark Disciples [1 PL, 10pts]: 2x Dark Disciple 

Greater Possessed [4 PL, 70pts]

. Greater Possessed: Mark of Slaanesh

Possessed [10 PL, 130pts]: Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, 6x Possessed

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Spawn [2 PL, 25pts]: Chaos Spawn, Mark of Slaanesh

+ Heavy Support +

Havocs [7 PL, 168pts]: Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh

. Aspiring Champion: Boltgun, Lightning Claw

. 4x Havoc w/ reaper chaincannon: 4x Reaper chaincannon

++ Total: [77 PL, 1242pts] ++

• 3 weeks later...

Quick to do list for the ETL so I don't forget...

Finish Fabius conversion.

Finish Greater Possessed conversion.

Finish Daemon Prince conversion.

Build a gaint Chaos Spawn.

Build Spawn based on the Edvard/Andy? organism from The Thing.

giphy.gif This one...

Build Spawn based on the 'Baby' from The Void.

Build Daemonettes.

There is other stuff for me to vow, but thats just generic CSM's and not very exciting, although I could convert a unit that has been 'improved' by Bile, and I have had an idea for another Bile/Medic counts as Exalted Champ based on Dr Satan from House of 1000 Corpses.

Heres a trailer for the Void... Put in spoiler tags due to potential graphic content. 

• 4 weeks later...
So I made my first vow for the ETL.

I, Slave to Darkness, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete the following units for the Hellbound and Slaanesh on or before September 1st 2019

Channard Vile (Counts as Fabius)

med_gallery_75911_12239_710770.jpg

Chaos Spawn

med_gallery_75911_12239_885729.jpg

Ten Daemonettes with Icon and Banner

med_gallery_75911_12239_802216.jpg

I would have vowed for the Daemon forum and vowed it as an actual Greater Daemon but couldnt be bothered figuring out what version of the KoS has the same weapons as the original, so just threw it in as a Spawn. Just dawned on me that I should have vowed it as a Prince instead. Ahh well, at least its getting painted, and on the tabletop Ill still run it as a Greater Daemon. 

• 2 months later...

Channard Vile is finally finished.

med_gallery_75911_12239_338390.jpg

L - R Greater Possessed, Chaos Lord, Fleshcrafter (counts as Exalted Champion).

med_gallery_75911_12239_165933.jpg

Got a cheeky Spawn knocked up, not literally, I'm still planning the pregnant Spawn. :)

med_gallery_75911_12239_206308.jpg

med_gallery_75911_12239_474870.jpg

med_gallery_75911_12239_159993.jpg

When I get the bits I'll give the Greater Possessed a bit more bling, a few spikes here and there, and a loincloth so the lower half of the mini doesn't look so empty. Eventually I will make a unit of Fabius' enhanced warriors and I might use the Fleshcrafter as the unit leader, I'm not sure bit that's not something I need to worry about for a while as its low on my to do list.

• 2 weeks later...

Annoyingly in the tiny space of time between the ETL and now I have knocked out a few units (couldnt bring myself to paint during the comp though. grrrrr). Some were for my Wolves but I did manage to paint the unit of Rotorcannon thingys (keep forgetting the name of them) and a few test minis for the Hellbound before they fell to chaos (Im thinking purple and white quartered scheme). Currently writing up the fluff for my warband thought doing a killteam of them whilst they were loyalists might be fun. 

I have been doing a lot of thinking about their homeworld and I was thinking of a shrine world considering the Hellbound are a very religious bunch, but then why/how would a uber religious order of Marines fall to Slaanesh? Everything I could think of was a little bit too close to the Emperors Children fall from grace. Basically there is two 'Orders' within the Hellbound that have a lot of control even though they stand apart from the chain of command, the Order of the Gash and the Order of the Void, 'Gash' is basically a cult of Fleshcrafters and the 'Void' is the spiritual heart of the warband, consisting of all things Warpy like Master of Possession, Dark Apostle etc. I did think about the condition of the Geneseed and how would the Apothecary's go about sorting the issue but then I thought about Fabius playing about with the Emperors Children and thought they were a little bit too similar, then I thought about the 'religious' angle and that just screamed Word Bearers. Im sure Ill think of something though, still early days. Although any ideas would be greatly appreciated as fluff writing isnt really my thing.

Settled on the following for my Call of Chaos vow. 1 unit of Chosen, 1 unit of Terminators, 1 unit of Raptors, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Terminator Lord and 1 Slaaneshi Harpist thingy

med_gallery_75911_12239_573986.jpg

med_gallery_75911_12239_774208.jpg

Nearly got the Chosen finished, I just need to do the helmets and then Ill get the Raptors out of the way.

Got the Chosen done, noticed a few bits I need to touch up on the white but my paints going gloopy so I have to call it a day on these. Still they are tabletop standard and thats all that matters, just primed the Raptors and I'll get the base coats done after I get some sleep.

med_gallery_75911_12239_593541.jpg

• 1 year later...

Im still alive, and slowly chipping away at these. Just took a break really to concentrate on Guard and Necromunda as I am getting burnout from painting power armour constantly since 1991. 

Whats peoples thoughts on Emperors Children vs Agents of Bile when it comes to running their armies. The Bile list seems to fit Aesthetically as that was kinda the vibe I was going for, but I am not sure if I want to run Fabulous Bill in every game. Hows everybody else doing with the Bile army list compared to the EC?? 

Good to have you back.

I think agents of bile play better as a renegage legion rather than emperor's children, as the assault move + charge is generally better than "always" fight first.  Certainly, almost all of the agents of bile threads have been in the main Heretic Astartes forum.

Myself, I haven't been tempted, as I don't like the Bile model very much - it doesn't really match my army's aesthetic.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I know the feeling, I'm on a PA break too and I've been enjoying it - will be dipping my toes back into ceramite soon though :smile.: I quite like the new Bill model, though he doesn't fit my aesthetic either the reality is he's a sub-faction and GW has burned me enough on them :sad.: Barge pole aside I think he offers some decent stuff but nothing setting the World on fire so it kind of passed me by. That we see so little discussion on it is perhaps the answer in the end :confused:

Ahh well I'll just plod along painting stuff and worry about the rules later when I actually get a chance to play again. No doubt GW will pull a sneaky and change something like drop a whole new dex for us before then so no point in stressin over it :biggrin.: 

I have been thinking about my Daemon Prince recently, and Im not feeling the frank from Hellraiser vibe tbh, its fine with the rest of the Daemons but the Prince doesnt look right. I think it might be because the Daemons are born from the warp, where the prince was once a marine, and all my marines have pale skin. Also I have been thinking about the main influence on this army (Hellraiser if its not painfully obvious :laugh.:) and the whole 'Demons to some, Angels to others' line, so far I have pushed the 'Daemonic' side but I have neglected the potential conversion ideas of the 'Angelic' side. Already the Prince has feathered wings I had kicking about, I am thinking of changing his skin tone from the reddy gore to a pale white like my marines, so I may swap his head from the patchwork skin face he has now to something a bit 'less generic GW daemon prince head with bad greenstuff work' to something more suitable for a Daemon that will make people weep with tears of joy. I will still keep the grimness because I still want to give someone the chaos attribute 'Crown of Fingers' that you can get in 1st ed, and I guess I could have the DP blinded with barb wire wrapped around its face, get that Event Horizon thing going. 

Then again Im also very lazy, and I have Bobby from King of the Hill's motivation to sports with literally everything at the moment.  ehh.... 

giphy.gif

All things must start with an idea so you've got that far at least :P Sounds good to me, I also kept a slightly different skin tone to reflect the daemonic that came from Marines, seems fitting for some reason and is a good way to add a bit of variety while keeping the theme.

A lot of armies are waiting for their codex so getting models ready is good use of time :tu: Don't forget progress pictures :)

Fell asleep earlier and had a pretty messed up nightmare, did spark a couple of ideas though, who'd have thought fingers could have been so scary... :lol: I'm gonna sketch some of these out and see how they look before I forget. 

I was once told as a kid if I eat cheese before bed I will have bad dreams, I wonder if there is any truth in that? 

I was once told as a kid if I eat cheese before bed I will have bad dreams, I wonder if there is any truth in that? 

Yes, there's a little truth to it but the opposite is possibly more likely. Cheese contains an amino acid called Tryptophan that actually helps you sleep but your body can't digest large amounts of it very quickly so isn't always as benificial as can be.

Some studies show a small amount of cheese before bed usually helps you sleep but cheeses vary a lot as do human metabolisms. If you want to encourage/discourage nightmares its not as simple as cheese consumption.

May as well stop eating cheese before bed then if I aint gettin any good dreams. Shame as nightmares are better than whats on TV these days anyway... 

Anyhoo back on topic, I just picked up a sprue of the Frostgrave Cultists off ebay and noticed one of the heads has a nice Executioners head, and that leads on to my question, the Executioner chap, is he worth taking in an Agents of Bile list? Is he worth taking at all even in any list?