Any time is right for eating cheese :tongue.: I think the Executioner is pretty good as a secondary HQ, I don't think he can compete for the main slot but he can supplement it. Depends if he can serve a role in your list, I've been mulling over a conversion for him for ages as something to help tackle characters let my main HQ not get bogged down being a counter-character beatstick. That said he's more or less swinging a power fist around so even if you can't find a character to chop for his bonus rules he's got good offensive output :smile.:

The biggest problems with the Executioner are:

1)  Delivery - as he can't take a jump pack and he can't deep strike, he either needs a ride or to hoof it across the battlefield; and

2)  No invulnerable save - if he does get into combat with an enemy character, chances are if he doesn't get to fight before it does and kill it, he's going down.

I'll probably convert one up at some point, but I have no plans on fitting it into any of my lists.  That may change if my list becomes more melee centered - but it may not.  He's probably a better choice in a Agents of Bile list, though, since they are both faster and choppier than normal chaos marines.

He's fun, and for a guy that's supposed to be a character killer, he's actually a really good squad eraser. 6 base attacks on the charge, which can go higher with relics, gets dttfe adding more, and then the EC strategem to get additional attacks for each kill can get you even more attacks.

• 2 months later...

Found a beat up Landraider in a box of random crap I forgot I had the other day, and I was thinking about Orkying it up for my Blood Axes as I couldnt think of anything better to do with it. Earlier I thought I would relax with a nice calming film so naturally I watched Event Horizon, and inspiration struck harder than Angrons foot to the groin when the 'Hell scene' images were flashing up on the screen. For those who have not seen the film (if not, go and watch it right now!!) check the link at the bottom of this post to see the bits I mean.  I have spent the past few hours digging through every box of bits I can find looking for spikes, hacked up minis, bits of barbed wire, left over Zombies from my Fantasy days, severed heads and any other fleshy bits that may come in handy so I can turn it into an armoured shrine to Slaanesh. 

Im thinking of mounting the heavy bolters on the top in place of one of the hatches and turning the bit where they originally sat into a pulpit for battlefield sermons (gonna need to convert a Dark Apostle as well then), or leave everything where it should be and use the dish full of blood from the Vampire Coven Throne (dish is the wrong word but my brain wont English at the moment) with a skinless Daemonette rising up out of it, like Julia popping up out of the mattress in Hellraiser 2. 
This is the bit I am on about, incase someone can remind me of the correct word for it.

Dm3wK3qW0AE3Xcg.jpg

Event Horizon images can be found here, if you are not a fan of blood, bodily mutilation and other ikky things I recommend you dont look.

NSFW       https://www.reddit.com/r/creepy/comments/3vdohl/still_images_of_hell_from_the_film_event_horizon/
You will still need to click on the blurred out image so nothings gonna pop up suddenly in front of family members, work colleagues or your pets, but again I must say if gore isnt your thing then just dont look... 

Sorry if my post is a bit all over the place, I am very tired and have not been sleeping well these past few months so my brains turned to mashed potato it seems. 

That sounds like a pretty good idea for your army - I think you will need to dry fit the various pieces to determine what looks best on top of the landraider.  My gut feel is that it would look better on the top rather than where the heavy bolters go, as the front has very limited real estate and I'm not sure there is somewhere else the heavy bolters might work.  

That sounds like a pretty good idea for your army - I think you will need to dry fit the various pieces to determine what looks best on top of the landraider.  My gut feel is that it would look better on the top rather than where the heavy bolters go, as the front has very limited real estate and I'm not sure there is somewhere else the heavy bolters might work.  

Yeah I am having second thoughts on the Pulpit, might save that idea for a walking altar using a Defiler as a base instead. So many ideas and so little time and parts to play with :/

• 10 months later...

med_gallery_75911_16694_405728.jpg

Started on the Vindicator and Land Raider, and about to convert another Spawn and a Slaaneshi Genestealer Patriarch for games of 1st ed...

and a lil treat cuz Im worth it *flicks hair like a sexy Severus Snape*

med_gallery_75911_16694_59126.jpg

Be'Lakor will be getting turned into something a bit more befitting the Hellbound, may run as a Keeper of Secrets or a Daemon Prince, who knows, I just wanted to hack up a big ass mini for once. :D

Also had a good idea for Cultists I may try out, was watching a film called Baskin the other night and the weird ripped midget man baby and the camp Fabius looking thing were sparking off a few ideas.

• 2 months later...

The only suitable heads I had were Ogres, so I gave him a bearded head and my headcannon is that he is a Heretic Space Wolf, he liked the murder make too much and was exiled. 

I will be starting a Khorne thread soon, when I have something more to show than 3 minis. 

• 3 months later...

So this year my vow will be 

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Herald of Slaanesh
  • Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
  • x6 Noise Marines
  • x6 Possessed

I've shorted down the list you made in the TS to all of the units I've had the pleasure to play with.

And I can tell you, these units are a blast. I've run 3 Keepers in a 2.000P list (worth roughly 600-700P) with daemons

and some noise marines, terminators, possessed and a land raider. Yes. That's right. I'm a slaanesh boy who pack the heaviest tank in chaos. :D

Daemon princes are fun too, if you use games-workshop you can run them with daemon weapons that are upgraded versions of their normal ones. ^^

• 4 months later...

Downloading the new Hellraiser movie now, hopefully that will give me some inspiration to crack on with this army. It has been neglected recently. :( 

Edited by Slave to Darkness
Lost the ability to spell Hellraiser

• 2 weeks later...

Hellraiser was ok, you dont get to see much of the Cenobites but I did get a couple of ideas, totally worth a watch though and Jamie Clayton did a good job as Pinhead (she was no Doug but much better than the two guys they had in the last couple of films), I wont go on too much about it, this is a warhammer thread not a Hellraiser appreciation thread. 

On the other hand though I finally got to play Scorn after years (and years) of waiting, just had a read through the art book and that has sparked off tons of ideas for Possessed, Spawn and Cultist meatsacks. Even if the game is not the kind of thing people want to play if your a fan of H R Giger or Zdzislaw Beksinski then its worth having a look through the art book. 

Now I have the hard part of trying to get the ideas out of my head and onto the table, and I dont think my sculpting is good enough. Aint gonna get any better unless I try though. 

Been messing about with some greenstuff and some spare bits, got the basic shape of a couple of Spawn underway and started tinkering with some Cultists. Cant find my usb cable so cant get the images off my phone yet... 

david bruckner | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumpik

Well, eventually you will see them. :laugh:

Done a bit more on one of the Spawn, nothing major but at least theres enough done to show. Still got a lot more work to do on it.  image.thumb.jpeg.c93bb9355c44cc66eea94cb7b16558bd.jpeg

After playing Scorn I have been thinking a lot about 'textures', my usual thing to do is flesh and bone and thats about it, so I have started playing about with lichen and clump foliage for some variation of the innards bursting out. Dont know if it will work or not but I wont know unless I try. Eventually Ill sculpt skin around this so it (should) look like its backs splitting open as it mutates more. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6a4a3160872f61315aa1edb9168c5d39.jpeg

Ill try to get at least one test Cultist finished later hopefully, Usually I do a squad at a time when building but I dont wanna bite off more than I can chew and loose interest or get frustrated and rage quit mid build.

For those that like looking at pretty art, heres a little spread of images cropped from the Scorn art book for quick reference inspiration, if anyones interested in looking at the whole thing hit me up in PM. 

image.jpeg