Aetaos'Rau'Keres

The Traitor

So, I'm thinking about my next competitive list and I think I'm going to include Aeatos'Rau'Keres on it, the FW LoC. My last list consisted of Magnus and some Rhinos with flamer Rubrics and zerkers, but the problem was that Magnus got focused ALWAYS. He was my first wave and my opponents always tried to down him before they went for the rest of the army. That's why I guessed that it would be a good idea to get him a friend, and looking at Aeatos stats he looks like a beast and great, but I haven't ever seen him played so wanted to ask for opinions. I'll be playing him besides Magnus and the Changeling for a double threat list and the -1 to hit bubble to defend them turn 1, do you guys think it could work? Also, what would you do with the 885 points remaining in a 2000 points list? I was thinking of a couple of heralds for smite and wrapping Aeatos, the Changeling and them in a supreme command detachment and cultists and Noise Marines in an allied battalion for more CP and anti-infantry... Any other ideas? I would like to keep some CSM, but maybe I should go for an all-Daemon list instead.

He seems very overpowered. I used him once in a game as a proxy to see how he played, and unless my opponent has a similarly powerful unit I doubt I would play him again.

His shooting is absurd, I believe he has a 3++ and 27 wounds as well lol.

Maybe others have a better idea of his capabilities, but I just felt bad for my friend I was playing at the time.

But if that's your bag, you would probably find him fun! Just gotta keep him away from your own LOC and DPs cause he has a 50% chance to attack them instead

Yeah, that's why I said this was for my "competitive list", in friendly games I wouldn't use him, much less paired with Magnus. This is rather designed for a competitive environment, in where you see thinks like Guilliman's Smurf Town, Malefic Lord spam or Conscripts & Artillery lists. And yes, he has a 3++ and 27 wounds, above his T of 8! I my list wouldn't have any LoC or DP for that very reason, don't want nasty surprises. However I believe he's much better used in CC than in shooting, he has damage 6 against monsters and vehicles!

• 2 weeks later...