Thousand Sons BattleScribe Help

_Valten_

I could do with a little assistance with my list building. I've got both the Index and the CSM Codex in front of me with battlescribe open so I can keep a copy of the lists I produce.

Do we have to pay for the aspiring sorcerer in rubric squads anymore? We paid a premium in the Index, but the Codex doesn't have a point entry from them. That, coupled with the change in power points for the elite version of the squad raises some questions.

Secondly, do I use the points for the cannon from the Codex or the Index. It's a slight reduction in points in the Codex.

Finally, can anyone point me in the right direction for a BattleScribe update for the CSM? The data I've got has been updated in the last 7 days, but still shows the Index points for the Rubrics and Cannon, and doesn't have updated points for things like the CSM daemon prince. Or should I use CSM as the faction in BattleScribe to sort these things out?

When in doubt, the Codex is the way to go, per the most recent FAQs.

As for Battlescribe, been wondering that myself, it seems pretty slow to adapt to the constant changes (FAQs) but the Codex has been out for some time now. Integrating FW units also seem to be particularly difficult, for some reason...

Edited by Khannis

I use the points from the codex. No one has an issue with it here since we know that's how it should be priced for our future codex.... if not then changes to Rubrics from the new codex cost would probably change the CSM costs as well.

I just create my lists manually but when I use BattleScribe I use the CSM armylist for my Thousand Sons and use a detachment option to add Thousand Sons units iptjat CSM might be missing.

Well if the general consensus is to use the CSM Codex I'll go with that - it's just unusual because they FAQ'd the daemon points cost on the back of the Codex, but didn't FAQ anything else with points costs.  I guess they just assume that people are going to buy every Codex that is even remotely to do with their forces.

Do we have to pay for the aspiring sorcerer in rubric squads anymore? 

Yes, we do.

The english version of the CSM codex is missing the Aspiring Sorcerer line in the points table, but most foreign codices have it. The Aspiring Sorcerer costs 20pts.

I find it weird that it's not been FAQd by now.

Do we have to pay for the aspiring sorcerer in rubric squads anymore? 

Yes, we do.

The english version of the CSM codex is missing the Aspiring Sorcerer line in the points table, but most foreign codices have it. The Aspiring Sorcerer costs 20pts.

I find it weird that it's not been FAQd by now.

Do you have an image of that part of the CSM Codex?  I can't seem to find one.

Interestingly on Battlescribe - if you select a CSM detachment and not a Thousand Sons one, the Rubrics there have the new points cost, but the Aspiring Sorceror there costs the same as the rest of the Rubrics.

Do you have an image of that part of the CSM Codex?  I can't seem to find one.

I've seen it on these very forums, but I can't seem to find the thread.

I'll post a picture of the french Chaos Codex as soon as I can though (I don't own it but I've checked on my friend's codex and the cost is indeed 20 :()