Moving through cover

Plaguecaster

I am really stumped on this as I can't find anything but I know seems to only give +1 to a infantry units armour SV but what happens when something tries moving through cover like a ruin or something??? Had it come up last night in a game between my DG and a mate's SOB force, one of his tanks wanted to drive through a set of ruins to flame a unit of plague marines, we tried looking through the rule book but couldn't find anything. In the end we just went back to old edition rules taking a dangerous terrain test which he failed which let my Deathshroud massacre his tank

Anyone know what actually is meant to happen as I'm a bit stumped really

Cover by default only grants the armour saving throw bonus. The only effect ruins have on vehicles is that they may not be set up or ever end their move on a floor other than the ground floor in Ruins. The rules for different types of terrain (some of which have movement penalties incorporated) are of course in the Battlefield Terrain section of the rulebook.

I recommend going over any terrain at the beginning of each game and deciding with your opponent what kind of terrain it will be played as, and any special rules you may like to agree to use.

Also, hullo fellow Kiwi!

Edited by Mr. Shine

As Mr Shine pointed, there is no general rules for moving through cover.

The basic movement rule is on the other hand rather clear :

Moving
A model [...]
cannot be moved through other models
or through terrain features such as walls,
[...].

So your friend's tank could not drive through a ruined wall (or a forest for that matter). If there is enough space between the walls (or trees) however, there is no problem.

After that, advanced rules have some further provisions but those are to be considered on a case by case basis and only if both players have agreed to use them before the game started.