Cawl Snuck in some traitor geneseed to troll Guilliman...

Urriak Urruk

Those with certain genes went traitor, so that means certain genes are predisposed to being traitorous.

That (maybe) was true once, but it's completely wrong in modern, revised HH. You have hundreds of examples of bands from 'traitor' legions that stayed loyal despite obedience to primarch being literally hard wired into their brain, from Knights Errant through various Blackshields to groups that dropped the post-primarch legion name and returned to Terran one. Also, the traitors had to kill like 1/3 of their pre-HH strength on Ist-III even ignoring the above due to uncertain loyalty, so yeah, I don't see why these guys should be ostracised when DA, SW, WS or IF got a pass despite their Heresy 'performance'...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found and read that the other night also. Either he's trolling us, instead of Cawl trolling Guilliman, or he really didn't think about it and it's a happy coincidence.

I might do a squad of intercessors in this scheme. And every other scheme out there.

Coincidence? There's way too much coincidence in there for me to believe it's not intentional.

He even says its standard for the chapter's marines to bear an Imperial Aquila on their helmet's forehead!

So the name, scheme and iconography all refer to the III Legion...

So the name, scheme and iconography all refer to the III Legion...

They actually all refer to religion, whether Christian or the Ecclesiarchy. Someone more versed in liturgy than I am can tell you the importance of white and purple among the clergy, whereas the aquila symbolizes the Imperium and thus the Emperor, and these marines are basically a space marine version of the sisters of battle.

Translation of the relevant bits from Kouzes' blog:

I wished to make a chapter with a very religious look. I love this very 40K image of a processions of warriors drawn from various army corps, accompanied by civilians, pilgrims... So I chose very "ecclesiastic" colors with mostly white to evoke purity and call back to priests' robes. I chose purple for contrast, the color having something clerical, enhanced with gold to give a blazing finish to the whole.

The idea is that this chapter is entirely composed of Primaris, successor to the Imperial Fists and thus directly linked to Holy Terra. They're commanded by chaplains, perpetuating a long tradition of rituals and prayers. They're followed in their crusades by several non-Astartes contingents like Ministorom priests, Imperial Guard, militias of fanatics, pilgrims, techpriests from the Adeptus Mechanicus and even some warriors of the Adeptus Custodes.

(...)

The imperial eagle on his forehead is a standard marking proper to the chapter.

They actually all refer to religion, whether Christian or the Ecclesiarchy. Someone more versed in liturgy than I am can tell you the importance of white and purple among the clergy, whereas the aquila symbolizes the Imperium and thus the Emperor, and these marines are basically a space marine version of the sisters of battle.

Alright, let me be more clear.

While the other pretends the colors and iconography are references to ecclesiarchy, in-universe there is far more of a link between the colors, name and icons and the III Legion than there are between the colors, name and icons and the Imperial Church...

It might be a conicidence. It doesn't look like one.

Edited by Spinsanity