Absolutely brutal looking Lieutenant, the power effect on his axe is very nice.

The whole group are looking great and really benefit from the wide range of armour marks, the paintwork and weathering are spot on too.

They look great.

Thanks, Marius! :)

The new additions are amazing! The Lieutenant is especially gorgeous :biggrin.:

Cheers, Observer! I look forward to the day when my Crimson Guard will cross blade with whatever army you will deploy against mine. :tu:

They are awesome and you were really quick! Have you thought about a plasma effect on your Lieutenant's plasma pistol? Using an airbrush or drybrush OSL effect?

Having a deadline reaaaally helps with the speed aspect! :lol: The Lieutenant's plasma pistol is "powered down" and not as glow-y as the plasma gun because it's not in use in the character's pose. But thanks for the suggestion!

WOW, you work so quickly and keep putting out such amazing quality models! Definitely looking forward to seeing more!

As I mentioned above, having a deadline really helps! And thank you! :)

Damn those came out pretty my dude!

Question: Are you using anything to get your halving, or are you just eyeballing it? As another split scheme guy, I'm curious!

Cheers, Vazzy! And no, I'm not using anything other than my eyes and paintbrush to do the halving. Not 100% neat but it does the trick.

Absolutely brutal looking Lieutenant, the power effect on his axe is very nice.

The whole group are looking great and really benefit from the wide range of armour marks, the paintwork and weathering are spot on too.

Thank you, Pearson! I'm glad the effort gone into mixing up different armour marks and the painting is worth it. :tu:

The Crimson Guard look great! The paint job is awesome and the weathering brings it to an 11. I even love the extra detail like the cross on the sarge's knee.

Cheers, hush! I was trying to find a way to add a Crux Terminatus to the Lieutenant model but couldn't find anything so I just went with a simple cross on the knee.

I've got a meet-up arranged tomorrow with the other people in the Tale of Warlords I'm in and we'll be playing some games. As a consequence, I've been rushing to get the Rhino painted up as it's the last unit in my 250-point list that hadn't seen any paint. Unfortunately I was up stupidly late last night playing Civ V so I'm feeling shattered right now and will stop painting. Here's the current state of the Rhino:

gallery_45765_11678_104401.png

I'll take my paints with me and paint away as fast as I can while I wait for the others/while they chat pre-game. Wish me luck!

Thanks for looking and for all of the encouragement!

Love your work brother:thumbsup: The weathering on your tac sqd is different and refreshing. Not the usual mud splatter and bolter dings. I like your posing as well, dynamic, but not over the top. The rhino is looking good too. I'm anticipating that the finished product will be equally fantastic.

Looks good! You painted a whole rhino to that level in one night. While I just look at bits to put together and then do so a week later.

You’re kicking butt, buddy! Take some pics tomorrow!

Cheers, hush! Having a set deadline and not wanting to disappoint works wonders! :D

Very nice! The paintscheme and technique scales really well! :smile.:

Thank you, Observer. I was a little worried about my technique not working but in the end it has worked quite well. :)

Love your work brother:thumbsup: The weathering on your tac sqd is different and refreshing. Not the usual mud splatter and bolter dings. I like your posing as well, dynamic, but not over the top. The rhino is looking good too. I'm anticipating that the finished product will equally fantastic.

Thank you, Brother Lunkhead! Very kind of you. I'm glad you appreciate the effort gone into the model assembly and painting. :tu:

I originally thought I was going to be able to play a number of games yesterday but it ended up being just one because... well, we were quite slow with the rules and our models and how 8th Edition is different from previous editions.

The lighting was terrible so most of my pictures came out blurred. I do have a few though which you can see below. Note this was a 2v1 500-point game where I joined my forces with the Imperial Guard of a friend against Khorne Daemons.

gallery_45765_13895_120564.png

The table after deployment. A small force of Crimson Guard ready to advance down the left flank while the Imperial Guard, led by Castellan Creed himself, in the bottom right corner of our deployment zone. The Daemons of Khorne materialised around the Chaos Lord towrds the middle, ready for a first turn charge.

gallery_45765_13895_624525.png

The men and women of Cadia and Armageddon stand firm in the face of the Warp-spawned horrors. Unfortunately their bravery won't stop them being cut up into small bloody chunks.

gallery_45765_13895_221956.png

The Bloodletters advance, their Lord and summoner hiding cowardly behind them, as the Cadian soldiers ready their lasguns for overwatch and brace themselves for the inevitable slaughter.

Unfortunately that's all the decent pictures I had. The light was atrocious for taking pictures and a lot of them ended up blurred due to a long shutter speed. :(

The Imperial Guard squads just above got slaughtered in one turn of close combat, inflicting minimal casualties with their lasguns before close combat ensued. The Veterans behind them, guarding Creed, were a tougher bunch to get through (with their guns doing much more damage) but they also eventually succumbed, as did Creed who managed to survive a couple of turns in close combat with a trio of Bloodletters.

My Space Marines didn't rush up the left flank and instead disembarked and let loose a storm of bolts and plasma beams, inflicting heavy casualties on the Bloodletters (dual storm bolter Rhinos are great!). However the Tactical Squad got wiped out by the Bloodletters in one round of combat and the Lieutenant didn't survive much longer. The Rhino ended up zooming around the battlefield, going in and out of close combat in a bid to kill his Chaos Lord who was down to two wounds. This vehicle and its brave crew survived (despite me forgetting the Repair rule) with four wounds, with me conceding because victory was not a possibility.

I don't have pictures of the finished Rhino as I left my models at my local shop as I'll be having another game there on Tuesday morning but as soon as I pick him up again I'll post some pictures here.

Anyway, thanks for looking! :tu:

Oh man, seriously, the pictures end when it was going to get GOOD!? :teehee:

Looks like a fun game and awesome to see a battlefield with painted minis. Also, I have a new found love for rhinos this edition. I love loading them up with an addition combi bolter and havoc launcher and just laugh my way across battlefield pumping out shots!

Looking forward to more pictures from your next game!

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few things have happened since my last update. Got a new job, moved back out of my parent's house, and got gifted a Start Collecting! Tyranids box for my birthday earlier this month by the staff of my local hobby shop which shall go nicely with the rest of the Hive Fleet that's been building up over the past couple of years... speaking of Tyranids, looks like I've got an growing infestation on my hands...

gallery_45765_13882_123392.png

Had the time to get some hobby stuff done today and above is the result: four Genestealers ready for their black spray undercoat. I'll assemble the last one tomorrow and then spray them all. The idea is to have them all fully-painted by the end of the week so I can go back to Space Marines next week.

It's fantastic to see games where everything is properly and fully painted - very well done! :biggrin.:

Thank you! And yes, it is fantastic. I definitely enjoyed it. :D

Oh man, seriously, the pictures end when it was going to get GOOD!? :teehee:

Looks like a fun game and awesome to see a battlefield with painted minis. Also, I have a new found love for rhinos this edition. I love loading them up with an addition combi bolter and havoc launcher and just laugh my way across battlefield pumping out shots!

Looking forward to more pictures from your next game!

Yeah, unfortunately. But, with some luck, I'll have more game pictures to share fairly soon. :tu:

Aye, Rhinos are great in 8th. I love the double storm bolters which cost only 4 points (!).

Always great to hear good news! You might need to invest in an exterminator for that hive growing on your workbench!

And yeah, the cost for an extra combi-bolter and a havoc launcher (and the fact the launcher isn't one-use only anymore) is the gift that keeps on giving.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it was time to update this thread with something.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been working on the Genestealers. Haven't managed to get very far with them but some progress is better than no progress! Here is a picture of the models in their current state:

gallery_45765_13882_85432.png

The front right one is about 90% finished (missing painted claws and base) while the rest are in varying earlier stages of painting. I'd like to finish these as soon as possible because I have another 25 to paint!

Congrats on the new job! Looking forward to seeing how you'll paint the genestealers as well as seeing more marines!

Cheers! :tu: Regarding Space Marines, their current in-game state leaves a lot to be desired so they're going to be on the back burner while I concentrate on my Tyranids and Necrons!

Always great to hear good news! You might need to invest in an exterminator for that hive growing on your workbench!

And yeah, the cost for an extra combi-bolter and a havoc launcher (and the fact the launcher isn't one-use only anymore) is the gift that keeps on giving.

Haha, yeah, might do!

Dos, that face is beyond the pale in quality. Easily 'Eavy Metal standard.

Cheers, Rohr. :tu:

Ui, can't wait for your 'stealers! Are you gonna give them 32mm bases, or will you stick with the small ones?

Yes, they'll be on 32mm bases. :)

That's a good point about the bases - 25mm always looked small on the little beasties even "back in the day". :tongue.:

Indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

Where there's a bug infestation, there's bug hunters...

gallery_45765_12974_261506.png

More to come very soon!

Atia: Thanks! :) I hadn't realised there was actually a Hive Fleet associated to the classic Genestealer colour scheme. Not sure if I'll stick to that scheme for the non-Genestealer Tyranids or not.

Kill teams are looking rad! Love the poses in each kill team and I am excited to see them painted up.

How are you going to go about black? I have an army building up that's going to be painted in that crazy color.

Archived