An excellent start with the beaten and worn half scheme (pulled off the twin colours side by side perfectly!). Will you use any Executioners pieces form FW or the Phalanx Warders upgrade set as their shoulder guard emblem is the Crimson Guard's one I believe?

Cambrius

First off, thank you all for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated! Now, in more detail...

How much armor do you think you'll be facing? A devastator squad with two missile launchers and two las cannons will put the work in there. A las Predator is also very effective! Though based off of your list, upgrading the razorback, Dread and scouts would be cool to see.

Not much armour, at least not in the beginning. We do have a Guard player though so I might be on the receiving end of plenty of hurt pretty quickly! :pinch:

Definitely the option with the dreadnought :wink: Also, very lovely veteran and tactical marine! Quick question: Did you ever think about painting the ribbed "backparts" of mark 3 legs in a more darker colour like black or dark iron? I think your scheme could benefit from that if you'd like a bit of a more subtle backdrop? Just some food for the thought :smile.:

Haha, I thought you'd suggest that. ;)

No, I hadn't really thought of it but I'm not sure it would look all that good to be honest. And it complicates the scheme which is something I would like to avoid... but I'll see, I might try it out on my next Mk III model.

Oh, I may bring a detachment of SoM around but we’ll have to wait and see. As for the new additions I love the movement of the sergeant and the use of his bare head. As for the tactical I like the use of the chain bayonet. A nice, aggressive touch.

I really want to see what you do for a chaplain.

As for army suggestions I say turn traitor...>:smile.: Just kidding, hate to say I have no helpful input for loyalist stuff.

I shall wait and see, then. :tu: Thank you! I'm glad you like the new stuff. I might not do the Chaplain just yet as I'm lacking the necessary bits but I will make one at some point!

I vote for this option:

Upgrading the twin heavy bolter on the Razorback to a twin assault cannon, adding a Dreadnought with assault cannon and DCCW, and a 7-man Scout Squad with camo cloaks, shotguns, close-combat weapons, and a power-sword-wielding Sergeant;

Thank you for your input!

Excellent work and progress, but you'll need to keep it up lest the butterfly stage a come back (I'm told he stings like a bee) :wink:

Indeed, indeed. But I think that (for the moment) things are working out quite well and I'm doing everything I can for it to stay that way!

An excellent start with the beaten and worn half scheme (pulled off the twin colours side by side perfectly!). Will you use any Executioners pieces form FW or the Phalanx Warders upgrade set as their shoulder guard emblem is the Crimson Guard's one I believe?

Cambrius

Thank you, Cambrius! That is a an excellent suggestion and something I hadn't thought of. As it happens, I have quite a few of those shoulder pads. The axe design isn't exactly the same but I think it'll do quite nicely here and there for some Veterans. :tu:

Right, so I've made some list changes and here is what I am aiming to have 100% built and painted by next Saturday (4th November):

Lieutenant w/ plasma pistol and power axe;
Tactical Squad (6-man) w/ plasma gun and lightning claw Sergeant;
Rhino w/ two storm bolters.

A total of seven infantry models and a tank. No pressure. In just over a week. No pressure. :P

Anyway, here's a WIP shot of the Tactical Sergeant and 3rd Tactical Marine:

gallery_45765_11678_30614.png

Not long until these two are done!

Paint is going on real purrty-like!

Thank you!

I'm liking the mix of bits, lots of character that's popping with colour. When do we see the Rhino?

Cheers, 'Fish. The Rhino will be up sometime during the week.

I've vowed to paint five Genestealers as part of the Tyranid Army Growth Challenge:

gallery_45765_13882_10520.png

Nothing special to see but updating this thread keeps painting on my mind. The intention is to paint them up in the colours of Hive Fleet Behemoth (thinking about replicating the following scheme: https://brokenpaintbrush.com/tyranid-hive-tyrant/).

Ohh Genestealers! Just as I was about to put paint on some cultists ;) I believe I still have the old White Dwarf from a few years back from when the Trygon and co were released, I believe there was also quite a nice Behemoth tutorial in there. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Cheers, The Observer. I'd appreciate seeing that tutorial if you find it. :tu:

Got some paint on the two Crimson Guard models. Nothing worth taking pictures of except for the Sergeant's face which I'm pretty happy with:

gallery_45765_11678_57114.png

Far from perfect but it's fine for the standard I'm aiming for with this army. :) I'm hoping to have these two finished by tomorrow evening.

Rather unexpectedly, I've managed to keep sleep at bay and ploughed forward with painting. The Tactical Squad now has two more fully-painted members!

(Veteran) Sergeant:

gallery_45765_11678_70748.png

gallery_45765_11678_266452.png

gallery_45765_11678_158910.png

gallery_45765_11678_160311.png

Tactical Marine #3:

gallery_45765_11678_88214.png

gallery_45765_11678_440052.png

gallery_45765_11678_134084.png

gallery_45765_11678_371073.png

And a group shot of my Crimson Guard force so far:

gallery_45765_11678_646786.png

I'm getting there, slowly but surely!

They look amazing mate! Perfect mix of rich colours and grimy weathering :smile.:

Thank you! I'm glad I've achieved that balance. :)

They are looking good! The sarge's face is also exceptional!

Cheers, hush. :tu:

Current state of my Lieutenant armed with power axe and plasma pistol:

gallery_45765_11678_223034.png

Thoughts?

I've also built and undercoated the last two members of the Tactical Squad so there should be an update with paint later on tonight or tomorrow.

The Lieutenant looks great and I love the yellow on your guys! What scheme are you gonna use for your 'Stealers?

Edit:

Hive Fleet Behemoth

:rolleyes:

That dude looks bad ass! I have nothing but praise for that lieutenant . The pose is great and the bits you have used make a character with some presence.

Is that torso and legs from the Ultramarines?

It's from the MkIII Command Set if I'm not mistaken :tongue.:

That dude looks bad ass! I have nothing but praise for that lieutenant . The pose is great and the bits you have used make a character with some presence.

Is that torso and legs from the Ultramarines?

Thank you! As Atia mentions in her post, the torso and legs (one piece) are from the FW MK III Command Set.

The Lieutenant looks great and I love the yellow on your guys! What scheme are you gonna use for your 'Stealers?

Edit:

Hive Fleet Behemoth

:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Eyeroll beacuse you dislike the scheme or because you had the answer before you asked the question? :tongue.:

Edit: Ninja'd. :ph34r:

Great pose screams authority, awesome stuff per usual

Thanks, betrayer! Authority is definitely what I wanted to convey so I'm glad it's noticeable. :tu:

Lovely lieutenant mate, really oozes presence and authority. Can't wait to see him in your rich red and yellow! Also, love the crest :smile.:

Danke, The Observer! I couldn't really figure out how to make him stand out so "I mean business" pose and the crest help with that, I think.

Love the painted squad as well as the LT. Looking forward to seeing what you do for the background of these guys!

Cheers, Vazzy. I've been thinking about the fluff and I have a few ideas for each of the Astartes I've assembled so I'll have to write it all down at some point before I forget it all.

Was up late last night, painting away to get the armour done. Here's the current state of the last two Tactical Marines and the Lieutenant:

gallery_45765_11678_495987.png

I'm aiming to have them finished by tonight so I can then start work on the Rhino tomorrow and finish that on Friday. :tu:

So, the infantry for the first 250 points is done:

gallery_45765_11678_1068680.png

This might seem like a trivial thing for many but this is the first time I manage to achieve something like this so I am chuffed.

Now, individual pictures. First off, Tactical Marine #4:

gallery_45765_11678_213103.png gallery_45765_11678_287280.png

gallery_45765_11678_426290.png gallery_45765_11678_161837.png

Tactical Marine #5:

gallery_45765_11678_327358.png gallery_45765_11678_216224.png

gallery_45765_11678_99405.png gallery_45765_11678_306406.png

Last but not least, the Lieutenant (which I'm really proud of model-wise):

gallery_45765_11678_388044.png gallery_45765_11678_296060.png

gallery_45765_11678_146895.png gallery_45765_11678_437705.png

Thanks to all for your encouragement (posts and likes) over the past three weeks! It has really helped me knuckle down and paint, paint, paint. :tu:

Archived