CF vs Eldar 2k pts.

Roderikum

Greetings Brothers!

This weekend I'm playing an Open War Battle against an old friend. Due to our playing style we share each other lists beforehand so I'm asking your help in form of tips, suggestions, tactics and strategies (and stratagems). Obviously, the lists we will be using cannot be changed, so army composition advices, although wellcomed, won't be considered right now.

Theese are the lists:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [109 PL, 2000pts]

**Chapter Selection**:Crimson Fists

+ HQ +

Captain: Master-crafted boltgun, The Fist of Vengeance

Warlord Trait: Storm of Fire

Librarian:1) Veil of Time, 3) Psychic Scourge, Boltgun, Force sword

. Lieutenant: Master-crafted boltgun, Power sword

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad:

. 7x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Combi-plasma, Lightning Claw

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Tactical Squad:

. 7x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Combi-plasma, Power fist

Tactical Squad:

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Storm bolter

Tactical Squad:

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-plasma

Tactical Squad:

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Storm bolter

Tactical Squad:

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-plasma

+ Elites +

Apothecary

Terminator Squad:

Teleport Homer

. Terminator: Power fist, Storm bolter x3

. Terminator Sergeant: Power sword, Storm bolter

. Terminator w/Heavy Weapon: Assault cannon, Power fist

Vanguard Veteran Squad:

Jump Pack

. Space Marine Veteran: Bolt Pistol & Chainsword x 4

. Veteran Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Relic blade

Venerable Dreadnought:

Assault cannon

Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad: Armorium Cherub

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun & C.S.

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher x 4

Predator: Predator autocannon, Two Lascannons

Whirlwind: castellan launcher

++ Total: [109 PL, 2000pts] ++

And now his list:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [110 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Autarch :

Banshee Mask, Forceshield, Power sword, Reaper Launcher, Shuriken Pistol

Farseer:

2. Doom, 3. Fortune, Witchblade

+ Troops +

Dire Avengers

. 9x Dire Avenger: 9x Avenger Shuriken Catapult

. Dire Avenger Exarch: Shimmershield & Power Glaive

Guardian Defenders:

10x Guardian Defender

Guardian Defenders:

10x Guardian Defender

+ Elites +

Fire Dragons

. 5x Fire Dragon: 5x Fusion Gun

. Fire Dragon Exarch: Fusion Gun

Howling Banshees

. 5x Howling Banshee: 5x Power Sword

. Howling Banshee Exarch: Shuriken Pistol & Executioner

Shadow Spectres

. 4x Shadow Spectre: 4x Prism Rifle

. Shadow Spectre Exarch: Prism Rifle

Wraithguard:

D-scythe, 5x Wraithguard

+ Heavy Support +

Dark Reapers

. 4x Dark Reaper: 4x Reaper Launcher

. Dark Reaper Exarch: Aeldari Missile Launcher

Dark Reapers

. 4x Dark Reaper: 4x Reaper Launcher

. Dark Reaper Exarch: Aeldari Missile Launcher

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent:Shuriken Cannon, Star Engines, Twin Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines

Wave Serpent: Shuriken Cannon, Star Engines, Twin Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines

Wave Serpent:Crystal Targeting Matrix, Twin Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

++ Total: [110 PL, 2000pts] ++

What would you do if you were I??

Thanks brothers!

Edited by Roderikum

Well, brothers, thankyou so much for your inputs.

My friend asked me for permission to make some changes in his list, so I did the same myself.

Changes:

Removed the two 5 men heavy bolter squads; removed the predator and the apothecary.

Added a stormraven (2 las cannon, missile launcher, hurricane bolguns) and a rhino; substituded the chainswords in my tactical sergeants for power mauls and exchanged the LT´s power sword for a power maul.

Substituded the venerable dread for an Ironclad Dread armed with a chainfist (heavy flamer built-in), hurricane bolters, 2 HKML and launchers.

I feel like a gained some mobility in my list (thakyou, Jeske!!)

On the other side, he changed the twin bright lance serpent and the shadow spectres for some harlequins: a troupe master, a 5 player troupe and a starweaver.

I´m feeling that my odds have increased with both changes. How do you feel about the changes??

Any new tips for this brother??

Thankyou very much!!

good changes are good. now am not sure if your runing something other then the ironclad, in the raven, but you could consider a bigger then msu sized tac inside. But am not sure about it though. Most time I have seen stormravens they were used as gunboats.

My thought is to have both 10 men tac combat squaded: the heavy elements would remain stationary with the devastators and the whirlwind. Having them accompained by the HQ with the rhino loaded with the plasma combat squads. The other two 5 men tactical squads, also equipped with plasma guns, and the ironclad riding ind the storm raven.

I'm planning deploy the raven in reserves, with the terminators and the vanguard veterans, in order to prevent it being blown to pieces by his dark reapers.

Some kind of anvil and hammer strategy, you know.

Greetings brothers!!

Yesterday afternoon the expected battle was fought.

Objective: 3 objective markers, one in the center of the battlefield; the other two in each others deployment zone, At 6 inches of the table's edge. Two victory condition: control most of them at the end ot the 5th turn; whoever control all of them at the end of any of his turns automatically wins.

Deployment: We begun alternatively to deploy our armies in the short edges.

He deployed each serpent (one loaded with dragons and banshees-A-, the other with the farseer and the spectral guard-B-) in his flanks. Serpent A was deployed in his right flank, behind his two squads of dark reapers with the Autarch, with the dire avengers at it's left hand. His Guardian Squad A was deployed near his objective, Guardian Squad B was deployed close to the harlequins loaded starweaver, in the forwardest point of his deployment zone, pretty close to the center of the battlefield.

I deployed my anvil in the middle of my deploying zone's bottom: the whirlind out of line of sight, flanqued in his left hand by the devastators, the captain and the lieutenaunt. 8 inches further, in front of it, a heavy bolter combat squad. Close to them, covered by a huge buiding, the storm raven loaded with two plasma guns combat squads, the ironclad and the librarian. In the right edge, the second heavy bolter combat squad and the rhino, loaded with other 2 plasma combat squad.

Every unit is in cover or hidden. Terminators and Vanguard Veterans were in reserves.

Turn One:

He gain the first move, so he took fire position with the dark reapers and advanced all his vehicles towards my lines.

His avengers was covering his dark reapers' flank while A Guardians were doing the same at reapers' rearguard.

He opend fire with his reapers at my devastators, killing 3 of them and the cherub. B Serpent killed the heavy bolter squad of my right flank.

That was all.

I zoomed with the raven towards the rear of his reapers, and moved my rhino to cover the right flank of my whirlwind.

The terminators teleported between B Guardians and his objective; the Veterans fell 9" away from the same squad, right behind the raven. I opend fire with the devastators, a heavy bolter and the heavy weaponery of the raven against Serpent A, blowing it up. The explosion killed two dragons, two banshees, three avengers and a reaper. Veterans' bolt pistols were useless, but terminators managed to kill other 2 reavers. Hurricanes rapid fired against the other reaper squad, killing three of them. I prepared for the punch.

Turn 2:

He kept advancing in his left flank: he unloaded the harlequins chargo of the starweaver, and advanced with it.

In his right flank, he advanced with the dragons and the banshees towards the raven. In the middle, he moved the dire avengers near towards the terminators.

Against all odds, the raven managed to scape with 6 wounds from his all right flank and middle fire. Harlequins obliterated the other heavy bolter combat squad. That was a all.

I deployed the raven's cargo and zoomed to his left flank in order to hunt the other serpent. The Ironclad shot to pieces the banshees, both plasma squads destroyed what remained of reapers, the terminators blew up A Guardians and the raven did the same with the other guardian squad. The rhino unloaded the other two plasma squads, who fussillated the harlequins.

Before I declared my charges, he surrendered.

So Crimson Fist won the battle.

Honestly, I did expect him to choose better his reaper's first turn shooting phase. The raven could get behind his lines totally unharmed, so it's combat efictveness was at 100%.

Bittersweet outcome.

Edited by Roderikum

Thank you all!!

Ferrum, it´s not difficult to say that I´m pretty away from Le Petit Caporal in all senses ; and find quite hard to stay quiet when my opponent makes a mistake...

Anyway, I play seldom enough to expect having fun rather than winning, so the outcome of the battle didn´t satisfice me at all...

I honestly prefer hard fought looses than quick and easy victories. After all, this is a game, and I love playing it!! IMHO the shorter the game, the shorter the fun. I didn´t even complete my second turn...