Primarch Book 8 - Jaghatai Khan: Warhawk of Chogoris

51SZE-c7rcL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

As the Great Crusade burns across the stars, the primarch of the White Scars, Jaghatai Khan, must decide where his true allegiance lies.

Ever since the Imperium's rediscovery of the world of Chogoris, the White Scars' culture of warrior mysticism has sat uneasily with the ideals of Unity. As the Great Crusade burns across the stars, their enigmatic primarch Jaghatai Khan fights to preserve his Legion's distinctiveness amid a galaxy where cold rationality holds sway. Despite his self-imposed isolation, others in the brotherhood of primarchs seek to draw him into the greatest ideological battle of them all: the place of psychic power within the Legions. As the Librarius project is born, and opposition to it grows, the Khan must decide where his greatest allegiance lies – to the Imperial Truth, or to his own heritage.

Think we all knew it would be, but so glad to see that Wraight is of course writing the Khans novel, as it should be. The story of the Khan starting the Librarius sounds really interesting too, hopefully see Sanguinius and Magnus feature quite a bit in it, and more of their interactions with the Khan. 

And that cover, is just awesome. Wondering what colour the detailing on the Limited Edition will be. White? Red? Gold?

Love the Khan, but those gloves are TERRIBLE!

I know hes Space Mongol, but I'd prefer a samurai-esque armor over those gardening gloves,

Real gardeners don't wear gloves. That's why we nearly lose the ends of digits to secateurs.

However Chris Wraight getting Jags has sold me. All over this like a flannel.

http://i.imgur.com/eodGHSx.gif

*heavily breathing*

Count me interested.

Now for real, along with Leman Russ and Ferrus Manus, this will be the most anticipated for me! The fact that it's about the foundation of the Librarius implies several other Primarchs as sidekicks.

The cover looks incredible. But, does Yesugei wear gloves or why are his hands red?

However...where was I...oh yeah...*see gif*

Well damn, this will fit nicely on the shelf with others... looking forward to this one.. hopefully we do get a few other primarchs having tea and cake chatting over the pros and cons of a the librarius, stories which are more political or with more interactions( as long as those interactions and dialogue is done well) are the better stories for me...

Definitely on my buy list!   

I've always been a fan of The Khan and the White Scars, but until Chris Wraight came on the scene all of the lit on the WS that I read was stereotypical and two dimensional.

He breathed life into them for me.

He's got a real knack for capturing the essence and atmosphere of those nomadic and semi-barbaric (yeah...I'm lookin' at you too Space Wolves) space marine chapters/legions.

Yes!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering today how long we would have to wait for the Khan, and there he is! And he looks great. We can expect great thing from Wraight, he has not disappointed me yet. Let's see who he interacts with. Can I dare to hope for an Emperor cameo?

A new must. No question.

51SZE-c7rcL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

As the Great Crusade burns across the stars, the primarch of the White Scars, Jaghatai Khan, must decide where his true allegiance lies.

Ever since the Imperium's rediscovery of the world of Chogoris, the White Scars' culture of warrior mysticism has sat uneasily with the ideals of Unity. As the Great Crusade burns across the stars, their enigmatic primarch Jaghatai Khan fights to preserve his Legion's distinctiveness amid a galaxy where cold rationality holds sway. Despite his self-imposed isolation, others in the brotherhood of primarchs seek to draw him into the greatest ideological battle of them all: the place of psychic power within the Legions. As the Librarius project is born, and opposition to it grows, the Khan must decide where his greatest allegiance lies – to the Imperial Truth, or to his own heritage.

Think we all knew it would be, but so glad to see that Wraight is of course writing the Khans novel, as it should be. The story of the Khan starting the Librarius sounds really interesting too, hopefully see Sanguinius and Magnus feature quite a bit in it, and more of their interactions with the Khan. 

And that cover, is just awesome. Wondering what colour the detailing on the Limited Edition will be. White? Red? Gold?

What is the source please. Do we already know the release date?

What is the source please. Do we already know the release date?

Amazon lists it for July 10. Will probably be able to order it off the site a week or so earlier.

Amazon usually lists the main release I believe (January for Fulgrim, April for Ferrus Manus), so I'd assume that means this one gets the limited edition slot in April.

Archived