Primarch Book 8 - Jaghatai Khan: Warhawk of Chogoris

Looks great in terms of cover and synopsis. I'm reluctant to buy any limited editions for this series, not because the stories aren't good but because it really is a very hefty oprice to pay for such short novels. So far I only got McNeill's Magnus in LE form, but I might shell out for this one as well. Other than that I want to see the Sanguinius Primarchs novel.

Amazon has this one clocking in at 224 pages which, while still short, makes it just about the longest of the Primarchs "short novel" series so far.

It'll be close, the Perturabo hardcover is 221 pages. Then again , Lorgar is listed at 256 pages so that is actually the biggest one, and furthermore I see Fulgrim and Ferrus Manus are also listed at 224 pages so the lisitings may not be entirely accurate.

I guess it was too much to ask to go in numerical order. Just think, for II and XI, Black Library could've commissioned (reasonably priced) gag Limited Editions, wherein every page is full of Inquisitorial seals, labelling, and redaction marks! ;)

I guess it was too much to ask to go in numerical order. Just think, for II and XI, Black Library could've commissioned (reasonably priced) gag Limited Editions, wherein every page is full of Inquisitorial seals, labelling, and redaction marks! :wink:

Including all hints and rumours which came up until GW / BL decided to stop this. ^^

I guess it was too much to ask to go in numerical order. Just think, for II and XI, Black Library could've commissioned (reasonably priced) gag Limited Editions, wherein every page is full of Inquisitorial seals, labelling, and redaction marks! ;)

Worse thing is, would totally have bought both.

I guess it was too much to ask to go in numerical order. Just think, for II and XI, Black Library could've commissioned (reasonably priced) gag Limited Editions, wherein every page is full of Inquisitorial seals, labelling, and redaction marks! :wink:

Worse thing is, would totally have bought both.

I mean... same here? :blush.:

I'd have still bought them

This also does confirm that there's no limit within the Primarch series of 1 book per author. Not that it was ever indicated that there was such a thing, but this is the first confirmation (that I'm aware of) of an author doing a second.

I have to admit, the story overview looks intriguing. I’m just glad we haven’t got another ‘Primarch has unresolved daddy issues’ plotline that we’ve seen multiple times now. The founding of the Librarius is a great setting to see how some of the Primarchs react around Psykers, and personally I would love to see whether there’s any nod to the Emperor and whether he intervened prior to Nikea regarding its inception. Yeah, I’m looking forward to reading it.

Perhaps the Jaghatai novella will address this exchange with Magnus...

Magnus smiled sadly. ‘There are always rumours. Russ can shout his ignorance as much as he likes. I think the rest of the Imperium is learning to ignore him.’

‘It is not just Russ.’

‘Worry less,’ said Magnus. ‘There will always be suspicion of the gifted. We have to manage it, to explain it. Trust in enlightenment.’

‘You forget, brother, I am not gifted.’

‘Are you not?’ asked Magnus, smiling shrewdly. ‘If you say so.’

Sounds interesting. A tale I've always wanted to hear. Buuuut. This is BL were talking about even if it Wraight. The cover sucks. Should've been the war hawk in full flight. Going fast, faint smile on his lips. Magnus will hint at the BAs secrets. Sangy will turn up, looking pretty, while eating some grapes and saying yeap, good idea once or twice. Khan will go off and think about things. Morti turns up at the end. Allo, allo, allo, wots goin on ere then. Sniff upper lip.

Perhaps the Jaghatai novella will address this exchange with Magnus... Magnus smiled sadly. ‘There are always rumours. Russ can shout his ignorance as much as he likes. I think the rest of the Imperium is learning to ignore him.’

‘It is not just Russ.’

‘Worry less,’ said Magnus. ‘There will always be suspicion of the gifted. We have to manage it, to explain it. Trust in enlightenment.’

‘You forget, brother, I am not gifted.’

‘Are you not?’ asked Magnus, smiling shrewdly. ‘If you say so.’

THIS. This stuck hard in my head too. Would love so much for this to be addressed.

Since each primarch was a being suffused with the Warp and had some special psyker powers (e.g. Curze melds with Shadows and has precog, Corax has Jedi-like mindtricks to render himself effectively invisible, Sanguinius has precog, Perturabo had his special sight etc.), I don't think the Khan will be left out

Archived