Primarch Book 8 - Jaghatai Khan: Warhawk of Chogoris

This looks interesting.

A question, sort of on topic.

Looking at the armor of Sanguinius and the Khan, is it just plain armor or powered?

It's probably all powered, just artisan plate amongst artisan plate. That said Khan, Sangy, Fulgrim, and Angron don't seem to wear terminator armor like everyone else.

You would think guys like Vulkan, Mortarion, and Ferrus would wear it too. I guess it has to do with the table top. At least with the Alpha Twins you can pretend one of your terminators is a primarch. Now that I think of it, you read about the different weapons the primarchs have, but not really anything about other suits of armor. Angron in Tartaros pattern armor would be interesting. 

You would think guys like Vulkan, Mortarion, and Ferrus would wear it too. I guess it has to do with the table top.

Vulkan is a physical beast...bigger than Magnus.

He's described as being as large as Horus in Terminator armour

Magnus is taller but Vulkan is definitely the biggest built. Thanks to watching If The Emperor had a Text to Speech Device, I can imagine a Jamaican sounding Vulkan in Terminator armor going about the battle field laughing and delivering one-liners as he kills enemies.

It would be interesting to see the Primarchs with different armor types they could choose from. That, and weapons.

Getting slightly back on topic. I wonder if the Khan will try and go after Mortarion on Terra when he realizes what he has become, or Mortarion will seek him out because of their unfinished fight on Prospero.  

RE: armor...

...like their flagships, I am sure each Primarch had a “price is of no concern” order with the very finest Magos(es) when it came to their choice in armor. They would all be artificer quality at least* although some would prefer speed/flexibility over tankiness. And of course Corax would have special stealth features, and Alpharius would want several pairs that could pass for normal Astartes, and I’m sure Guilliman had some frumpy dress version. I imagine Sanguinius had very particular needs to account for his wings.

*except maybe Angron who didn’t care/actively gave a middle finger to the notion of protection/had a bit of a death wish (more or less)

Pretty sure it's been detailed that Magnus was the tallest but Vulkan was the biggest (as in broader and heavier muscle mass). It's like comparing a basketball player to a linebacker. Meanwhile the alpha-omega twins were the smallest.

That's my vague impression as well. I'm looking for the sources, especially the one saying Vulkan is equal to termie Horus

• 3 weeks later...

Vulkan was "biggest" and burly due to his line of work (bare in mind in one story vulkan literally pushes a Baneblade super heavy tank from perfect stand still) but Magnus was the "tallest" by a fair margin.  Dont know if we are counting big reds glorious 80's power-metal rock hair in the equation. but if so even taller ;-) 

• 4 weeks later...

Primarch opponents of the Librarium (quoting from Inferno):

Leman Russ

Mortarion

Angron

Favoured the censure of Magnus

Corvus Corax

Lion El'Jonson

Rogal Dorn

Rest was either supporting it or kept neutral.

Pretty sure it's been detailed that Magnus was the tallest but Vulkan was the biggest (as in broader and heavier muscle mass). It's like comparing a basketball player to a linebacker. Meanwhile the alpha-omega twins were the smallest.

That's my vague impression as well. I'm looking for the sources, especially the one saying Vulkan is equal to termie Horus

I think it was from The Beast Must Die that Vulkan, in his full battle plate, was described to dwarf a Contemptor Pattern Dreadnaught which alone stands at something like nearly 5 metres tall? It's been over a year since i listened to it but this has really made me question the consistency of how Primarchs are represented in BL novels... Terminator Plate is said to make an Astartes the Equal in height of a Primarch (certainly Abaddon was described as Horus's Twin in The Talon of Horus) but there's other occasions (Angel Exterminatus for example) where the mighty Perturabo absolutely dwarfs his Terminator clad sons.

Simon Egan said this here: https://youtu.be/nThG1bzu8Rw?t=66

Archived