Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lush and green bases, based on the world of Baran

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard

I build bases themed off the world of Baran. It is described as lush, green, crystal clear waters, forests, etc. I've put together a tutorial on how I do my bases in case anyone is interested in doing something similar. The album link is here: https://imgur.com/a/bBvDn

If you have any questions about what I do or products I use let me know. I've learned several techniques in doing these and hope they can help other hobbyists.

Here's a sampling of finished bases that I've done for my army:

cox2bM4.jpg

FXEeh0y.jpg

7paOKP2.jpg

LG1Kif5.jpg

• CrimsonReign likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,986 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves

It is nice to see bases that have grass on them instead of the usual grey rubble or a cracked earth wasteland. :tu: Bloody good show old bean. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard

I've never been called an old bean before but given the context I'll take the compliment :D

I appreciate the compliments. I had similar thoughts about grey rubble/sector imperialis or cracked 'whatever color' bases. I play Raven Guard and I wanted something that would contrast with their black armor. I thought a gray/rubble base would blend in with them too much. I think these bases really help to frame my miniatures and provides something a little different that you don't see very often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users